PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star Drift Round 3 at Gulf Greyhound Park. 8/19/2012

aaronlosey
07-12-2012, 11:50 AM
http://fabricatedmotorsports.com/images/GGP-8-19-2012.jpg

FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE LINK: Lone Star Drift Round 3 | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/events/357494394319727/)
Please invite your friends!

Round 3 of the Lone Star Drift series!

We are headed back to Gulf Greyhound Park for Round 3 of our series this year. Round 2 was amazing, but was so much work it almost killed myself and my volunteers! I hope everyone had a blast, Matt Powers says he is down to come back out again for another 2 day extravaganza like that one, so that will be coming up early next year. I am also working on some more events where I bring in awesome talent for you guys to drift with like we have done in the past with Vaughn Gittin, Tony Angelo and Ryan Tuerck. I hope to get Chelsea Denofa out here to drive with us again too.

Getting back on topic though, the year has been going fantastically so far for our series. For this event we are going to try and attract some new drivers by having a second learning course, and also by hosting a drifting basics class on the Saturday before the event somewhere in Houston. This will be in conjunction with doing our normal series competition stuff as well, so it is going to be a busy day!

-------

April 19th Round 3 and practice day details.

When: August 19, 2012 from 9 am to 7 pm. Drivers arrive at 8 am to get ready, drivers meeting at 9:45, track goes hot at 10 am.

Where: Gulf Greyhound Park just south of Houston.
1000 FM 2004 Rd La Marque, TX 77568

What is it: This is both a practice drift event, plus a competition which is a points race towards your 2013 Formula Drift license, just like we awarded Chelsea Denofa last year. He is now competing in Formula Drift doing amazing! There will be an advanced course and a beginner course with instructor help. It is the same cost to run regardless of which course you choose, and yes, you can move between courses as you wish.

Price: $75 for drivers and $10 for spectators.

Registration: Drivers must preregister online by PayPaling 76 dollars exactly to [email protected] If you do not preregister, we will accept at payment at the gate, but with a 24 dollar late charge bringing your total to 100 dollars. Please register early because I don't want to have to charge you a late fee! Registration closes on Wednesday night before the event, which is 15th of August, at midnight. After that you must pay the late fee, which is designed to make you pay on time! : )

Spectators: You may come and go as many times as you like at the event to get food, or for any other reason. Restrooms are inside the main building about 50 yard off track in the air conditioning. There are multiple cheap food choices within a few hundred yards of the track including Wendy's, Subway, Waffle House, McDonalds, etc for your lunch. You can arrive or leave any time of the day to watch and hang out, but the competition starts at 3:30 pm. If you bring an appropriate car helmet, not a bicycle helmet you can ride along in the drift cars! Bring cold water, shade, and chairs!

----------

AUGUST 18th drift basics classroom clinic.

The day before the event on the 19th, we will be hosting a classroom session on the basics of drifting. I wish someone did this for me when I was starting out, because I spent about a year back in 2003 trying to figure out how to pull an brake and have it do something useful, which is a trick I can now teach in a few minutes. I have taught about a half dozen of these types of classes, and it is pretty informal but to the point. We do these classes so you don't struggle so much when you first start, and so you have more fun!

Here are the questions everyone will probably be asking.

Cost: Free for the classroom session.

Who can come: Anyone, but we will be covering the basics and touching on advanced stuff, but focusing on basics. Beginners and drivers in their first year of driving would be the ideal candidates for this. You must RSVP with a pm to me on a forum you read this on if I am a member, and a few days before the class if you don't know where it is text me at 210.269.4071 for the location if you haven't seen it posted.

When, how long, where: Noon until around 5 pm, I haven't decided on the location yet.

aaronlosey
08-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Lone Star Bash 2012 on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/46643093)

Video of one of our last events that got onto Speedhunters!

stuntmanmike
08-14-2012, 04:33 PM
might make an aperance!