PDA

View Full Version : turbo manifold HELP

dk11789
07-11-2012, 02:06 PM
So last week we found that my turbo manifold had a blown gasket so we took everything off and when we got to the part of disconnecting the turbo from the manifold we had found that the nuts were seized on the turbo so we milled out the studs from the turbo and figured we were just going to use bolts instead... So we got everything back in its rightful place and the next day I had drove it from Winchester to Lexington and went into work... While on my way to work I noticed that the cars exhaust got louder and louder so with the car being hot from running I decided to just go into work well when my shift ended I hopped in the car popped the hood and started it up and inspected the manifold just for me to find that 2 of the 4 new bolts that we replaced in place of the studs were missing so my question is do I need to go back to studs or can I stick with a nut and bolt combo?

just thinking that im going to put new bolts in it and have it tack welded so they dont back out

gretz
07-11-2012, 02:35 PM
If you use the locking tabs that are supposed to be on there, it shouldnt be an issue

dk11789
07-11-2012, 03:49 PM
If you use the locking tabs that are supposed to be on there, it shouldnt be an issue

ive looked online and noticed these for sale they never came with them in the first place should i just buy these and try snugging them up again or would the soild motor and tranny mounts just rattle them loose again?

shiftdrift
07-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Locking tabs will work

cotbu
07-11-2012, 04:56 PM
The locking tabs will work for the nut!
You'll need a way to secure the bolt, a tack weld or maybe high temp locktite.