PDA

View Full Version : MD Not a car but... 2008 Buell 1125R

peanucklebutter
07-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Sup Zilvians,

I know this isn't a car, not even an import, but check it out:

I am selling my 2008 Buell 1125R, 25th Anniversary Edition, Black, with the rare factory side fairings option.

It only has 1700ish miles on it! It's damn near brand new! It has never been dropped, raced, or stunted. It has been garaged on a battery tender when not being ridden.

All factory recalls and fixes have been done, I have reciepts for all of it. Tires have a ton a tread left. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it mechanically! This is the second Buell that I have owned and the 10th Buell in my family. I hate to sell it but I need the money for my wife's birthday/anniversary. I have enough toys and need to make a sacrifice.

Dont pass up this chance to own a very rare and unique piece of American history. One of the only, and by far the best, American made sportbike. It has a 72 degree V-Twin made by Rotax, the same engine manufacturer used by Aprilia and Can-Am.

An excerpt about this engine:
The 1,125 cc Helicon engine developed for Buell is a lightweight, fast-revving, big-bore, short-stroke V-twin with a broad power curve peaking at 146 hp (109 kW) near the 10,500 rpm redline.

The 1125R includes a number of unique design attributes. The patented frame design houses the bike's fuel. The single, eight-piston front brake, called ZTL2, features a 375 mm (14.8 in), inverted rotor that is directly attached to the bike's front rim. This feature allowed Buell to design a lighter, more responsive front end than traditional designs. The bike also utilizes an exhaust under the engine for greater volume. The frame, front end and exhaust all contribute to Buell's main design theme of mass centralization. The 1125R uses a drive belt instead of a chain, which does not require lubrication or adjustment.

I am asking $6000. Thanks for checking it out, now enjoy a few pics!

Just joking. I dont have any pics on my computer here at work. I will upload some when I get home. In the meantime if you wanna know how sexy this bike looks check out this link showing 1125R in race trim:

http://www.motovit.com/blog/Buell_1125RR_race-use_Superbike_released/Buell_1125RR_3.jpg

And this one without the factory fairings covering the intake pods:

http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/08_buell_1125R_lead.jpg

peanucklebutter
07-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Now with pics!

Feel free to make me an offer! Maybe even S13 parts + cash! Let me know what you have!

TougeLabs
07-10-2012, 07:24 PM
Just sold my built 1125r track bike, I would put this on badweatherbikers.com

peanucklebutter
07-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Thanks man. Good to see another Buell rider on here. I have it posted over there as well but the Badweb forums have been pretty dead this last couple weeks. Everyone's must be out riding or watching AMA Superbike.

AsleepAltima
07-11-2012, 08:38 AM
theyre awesome bikes! wheelie monsters too. that front brake is ridiculous! lol. a friend of mine was riding behind me on his 1125 on the way to dunkin donuts and forgot i was turning in - slammed his brake to keep from hitting me and i looked in my mirror to see him flipping end over end... sad end to that bike. :(

free bump! glws, im selling my bike too!

peanucklebutter
07-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Gotta love the torque on these V-Twins and the stopping power of these brakes! Sorry to hear about your friend's bike. There arent that many of these around, only 5836 1125R's produced. GLWS of your bike! Thanks for the bump!

Attached is another pic of the ZTL2 brakes for any interested buyers.

peanucklebutter
07-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Bump for a new week!

Beejis60
07-16-2012, 07:23 AM
Wow really good price. Glws man

peanucklebutter
07-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Yeah, I thought so. I haven't posted it on Craigslist yet because I dont want to deal with the tire kickers and joy riders.

Feel free to contact me to come check it out! I can also deliver if within a few hours or can arrange shiping at buyer's expense.

peanucklebutter
07-26-2012, 11:04 AM
just posted to craigslist too. send me some offers peeps! I know everyone's broke but somebody needs a new bike!