PDA

View Full Version : No power to the fuel pump, any ideas?

Ewing
07-08-2012, 08:53 AM
I just replaced an old walbro with a new isis 255 fuel pump because I thought that was the culprit (when my car wouldn't start and there was no fuel pump running). However after installing and hard wiring the new one it still will not turn on. I did try it before hard wiring and it still didn't work. I have tried jumping the relay, checked the fuel pump fuse, checked for frays. Can't find anything that would cause it no to have power. I can;t think of anything else to check. Any suggestions would be great.

r20crazy
07-08-2012, 11:17 AM
check the ground wire from the engine harness that bolts to the back of the head on the exhaust side (not the braided wire from the firewall to the engine). if this ground wire is disconnected the fuel pump will not work... (found this out the hard way myself after several hours of head scratching and cursing). hope that helps

Ewing
07-08-2012, 02:05 PM
check the ground wire from the engine harness that bolts to the back of the head on the exhaust side (not the braided wire from the firewall to the engine). if this ground wire is disconnected the fuel pump will not work... (found this out the hard way myself after several hours of head scratching and cursing). hope that helps
Is this the same for an SR? If so, do you have a picture or a good reference point? If the ground came undone and I'm not seeing it I wouldn't really know unless I knew exactly where you are talking about.

dynogod1995
07-11-2012, 05:04 PM
this is the same issue im having with my swap a pic would help alot.

Ewing
07-12-2012, 06:08 AM
this is the same issue im having with my swap a pic would help alot.

Turns out one of the wires in the fuel pump harness was bad. Easy fix