PDA

View Full Version : Soccer Boot Thread

ineedone
07-06-2012, 12:06 PM
I have little faith that this will last long, but I am crossing my fingers!

So I have racked up quite a collection of boots, and well I am always looking for something new and awesome.

So, post pics of what you are rocking, what you want to be rocking, why you rock them, what position you play, your reviews of awesome or crappy boots, whatever.

Right now I rock Nike CTR Maestri II's

They might be the best boots I have ever owned, crazy comfortable, great touch, a little bit on the heavy side and not as durable because of the suede heel liner and the Kanga lite on turf fields, but overall and awesome boot.

I am an attacking midi, so having a solid boot that has a bit of protection and is comfortable is pretty much what I need. Before this boot I always wore predators and was loyal, but the Maestri destroys the predators of late (not sure about the new LZ) and I highly recommend the boot to anyone looking for something new.

As far as breaking in the boot and blisters, I had none, literally bought them, put them on and played a full 90 minutes.

Like I said before, there is some durability issues when playing on turf. That is to be expected with any leather boot on those turf fields... so I may be jumping to the new LZ predator since the next Maestri does not come out for a few more months.

Well, if this interest anyone here is a thread. Ill post pics later of what my boots look like after only a couple months of play.

tricky_ab
07-06-2012, 12:52 PM
Nice to see that there's some soccer heads on this forum :)

I don't know how much mileage will come from this thread but I'm game.

I'm currently playing on two teams this summer and I'm a midfielder on one, and a sweeper on the other.

I'm currently using Nike Mercurial Vapor Superfly 3's. I love how light they are. It honestly feels like I'm not wearing any shoes. They took a few matches for me to get used to shooting/passing but it's all good now.

I also picked up a pair or Elite T90's. I haven't worn them yet so I can't really say much about them.

DrftSLowHomIe!!
07-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Nice! I got a couple boots but it depends on the field which ones i play in right now of the top of my head are the
Nike T90's which i do like but on some fields the studs seem to be a little so high for me
http://images.prodirectsport.com/v3_products/V3_1_Main/16421.jpg
next are a pair of CTR's so far the most comfortable ones i own, they feel like running shoes
http://www.soccercleats101.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Nike-CTR360-Elite-Black.jpg
http://www.soccerbible.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/football-boots.nike.CTR360+II/Maestri2_5F00_whtred_5F00_main.jpg
i still got my old pair of adipures in red
http://www.soccerevolution.com/store/images/retail/_full/ADI_10418_F.jpeg
and recently just got the new Lethal Zones Preds which i really like they do have some weight to them which i dont mind but its not like the T90's there prob a tad bit heavier than the Adipowers and thicker leather all around the book im not a big fan of suplerflys,adizeros and other Lightweight boots so im happywith them only took about 2 games to break them in but they feel really good on the ball
http://images.prodirectsport.com/v3_products/V3_1_Main/46536.jpg

ineedone
07-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Here is a pic of what is hanging in my closet right now. Kind of a mix bag of boots. In college I got like 4 pairs a season through the school, plus I worked at a soccer shop so I have about 35-40 pairs just from college packed away or given away to the kids I use to coach.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/ehs06/photo1-1.jpg

The blue/green are F50 adizero primes - tortured my fee, extremely light though, I can really only wear them when I play on a soft/wet grass field. So they do not get much play.

Copper R9s - I have no idea why I did not put these away, I have not played in them in years. Just kind of a cool, rare, old school boot.

Gray Calle Slip-ons - These are decent to wear to and from games and for little kick arounds on pavement. Not really a great shoe to wear if your actually playing. A bit uncomfortable without socks too. But they are kinda cool I guess...

Black Air Zoom Control II - Sweet indoor turf shoe, has little nubs. Really comfortable. Wish they still made these...

Then the CTRs. Here is another pic of the CTRs after only about 2 months on the turf fields. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/ehs06/photo-1.jpg Could not get a decent pic of the sock liner coming off the shoe, but you can see that they are taking quite a beating. Still the best boot I have ever worn.

tricky_ab
07-07-2012, 11:35 PM
I have some pictures of my Vapors when they first arrived.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/trickyab/Me%20me%20me%20pics/IMG_0087.jpg

They've held up quite well to tell you guys the truth. I was expecting to make a switch a lot sooner but they've been great.

And some shots of the Elite T90's

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/trickyab/Me%20me%20me%20pics/DSC_0679.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/trickyab/Me%20me%20me%20pics/DSC_0673.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f327/trickyab/Me%20me%20me%20pics/DSC_0671.jpg

I'm still looking for a pair of Elite CTR's to try out. I've worn my friend's pair, but they were a tad bit too big for my feet.

ManoNegra
07-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Adidas Copas and Diadora Brazils were the only boots I used during my playing days.
Can't fathom ever buying anything by Nike since they were a poor joke back then.

tricky_ab
07-09-2012, 02:12 PM
I feel where you're coming from. Nike back in the day was a joke. They didn't fit well at all! The materials were terrible, and the boots would break apart.

I was a Adidas diehard till a few years ago. I tried a newer pair of Nikes (mercurial vapor 1). They felt great! They were light, they used solid materials and it didn't kill your feet 5 minutes into a match.

I'm thinking about buying a new pair of Adidas F50's for indoor this fall.

ineedone
07-29-2012, 06:31 AM
Visited my Moms this weekend for a wedding and found a few stragglers from my stash. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v79/ehs06/photo-2.jpg

Top Row from Left to Right

Adidas Copa Indoors - Never liked them that much, to heavy and bulky for a solid indoor/futsal boot for me.

Adidas F50 - I think this is the 2nd gen version - One of the kids I trained balled outrageous in one of my extra pairs this past fall in highschool. Heading to Pitt on a full ride. I credit the boots! - Loved these boots before the leather fell apart. Best F50s in my opinion.

Adidas Copa Turfs - Classics, have like 6 pairs of these. I was always blacking them out or trying to color them wacky colors. The best boot to wear during training sessions when your feet are blown to all hell and you have to train on hard ass pitches. These kids nowadays have nice turf fields though so no real need for them anymore...

Second Row - Left to Right

Adidas Adipure - 1st generation I believe. Free pair and Adidas rep gave me a few months before they were released. Crazy soft leather and complete black out. Definitely a really nice no-nonsense boot.

Nike Legend SG-Pro - 1st generation. This was my bad weather work horse. Got them from a Nike rep. They have a carbon fiber plate (way before the "Elite" series was around). Never get many chances to play on soft grass fields so they are just paper weights now.

Nike Total 90 Laser - 2nd generation maybe. Got these in my PDL/USL days. Was not to much of a fan. Synthetic boots tend to tear my feet up. These also always made me feel like I was wearing robot boots on the field. The technology on the strike zone was interesting though, could always put some ridiculous dip on well struck shots.

Bottom Row

Adidas Predators - Have no idea what generation this one is. These lasted all of 1 month before the turf destroyed them. I think these were the first to have the counterweight in the sole. I have about 6 pairs in a few different colors. It's a predator so it was comfortable and a solid all around boot.

Next time I go back I will try to find more!

nathanong87
07-29-2012, 12:40 PM
haha best thread on zilvia right now!

i can name every cleat i've ever owned!

ghoti
07-29-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't like soccer, but I like Adidas SB and these were designed after the Copa Mundial.

http://adidasbusenitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Adidas-Busenitz-skate_3-Blogg.jpg

tricky_ab
07-29-2012, 03:05 PM
^^

Those remind me of the shoes I had while I was younger. I had a pair of Adidas Samba classics a while ago...I should seriously pick up another pair to mess about in...

haha best thread on zilvia right now!

i can name every cleat i've ever owned!

Hit us up with a few :)

ineedone
08-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Have a new pair of ballerness coming.

http://www.soccerbible.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/general.2012.July.CTR+III+Bootspotting/CTR360_2D00_Maestri_2D00_III_2D00_Boot_2D00_Spy_2D 00_Img15.jpg

When they get here I will get some pics of them and whatever else comes with them... hopefully they hold up! Got a sweet deal that I could not pass up and well... I am a boot nerd.

tricky_ab
08-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Ah you scooped up the new CTR360 Maestri III eh? Let me know if you like them or not.

nathanong87
08-03-2012, 07:33 PM
^^

Those remind me of the shoes I had while I was younger. I had a pair of Adidas Samba classics a while ago...I should seriously pick up another pair to mess about in...

Hit us up with a few :)

haha i dont have most of these except for bold....sadly most of the cool stuff i actually gave away to teammates =(

1. women's traxion liga (i had small feet)
2. adidas accelerator turf
3. adidas predator accelerator fg
4. adidas copa mundial turfs
5. adidas copa mundial indoors
6. adidas predator precisions black
7. adidas predator precision silver sg
8. adidas predator precision silver fg
9. adidas predator precision eufa edition (soccer ball on the heel)
10. adidas nova mundial fg
11. diadora baggio (i think called mars)
12. valsport epica (these were wildly awesome)
13. kelme trueno (kelme copa mundials really)
14. nike total 90 1 white (davids)
15. nike total 90 II , black and blue fg
16. nike total 90 II, black and blue sg (european edition with 6 removable studs)
17. nike mercurial 1 black and blue r9
18. kelme reyna black red, white (as in claduio reyna edition)
19. adidas predator mania champagne SG
20. adidas predator mania gunmetal fg
21. nike _____ sg (i forget the name, but the kangaroo leather with neon yellow swoosh)
22. diadora _____ sg (also forget the name, but kangaroo leather with neon diadora)
23. adidas predator pulse SG silver
24. Fils tornado fg
25. Predator accelerator white fg

not quite in order , but yea... even naming all these brings back awesome memories!

ineedone
08-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Ah you scooped up the new CTR360 Maestri III eh? Let me know if you like them or not.

Yeah, I cannot wait. I had an opportunity to get a blackout pair a few weeks ago but passed on that because I could not justify having that expensive of a boot. But after the official launch I had these lined up and now just waiting for them to show up... a few more days!

ineedone
08-03-2012, 08:35 PM
haha i dont have most of these except for bold....sadly most of the cool stuff i actually gave away to teammates =(

10. adidas nova mundial
16. nike total 90 II, black and blue sg (european edition with 6 removable studs)
21. nike _____ sg (i forget the name, but the kangaroo leather with neon yellow swoosh)
22. diadora _____ sg (also forget the name, but kangaroo leather with neon diadora)

not quite in order , but yea... even naming all these brings back awesome memories!

Ah a Kelme fan! Remember these badboys http://www.footy-boots.com/files/2006/12/KELME-SHARK-front-side-imag.gif

Shittiest touch ever but it was awesome having dry feet when playing in downpours.

nathanong87
08-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Ah a Kelme fan! Remember these badboys

Shittiest touch ever but it was awesome having dry feet when playing in downpours.

haha never had those but i think my mate did. they were like sharkskin or something dumb hahaha. That reminds me i forgot one....i had the fila tornados too.... KEVLAR upper bulletproof baby! , those things were so crazy. the moment it was slightly wet outside, they would soak water like sponges =(.

oh and u can totally tell when i play competitive soccer last, by the era of boots i wore haha

Akito86
08-03-2012, 11:27 PM
In high school i used adidas mundial and remember ordering from Eurosprt, eastbay magazine they had really good prices and free shipping, I now have neon yellow nike mercurials they are really good and light, and have indoors futbol shoes i used as casual black/white retro adidas Samba and red Asics pretty comfy last a long time.

Hey what position did you guys play?
I was defense and forward.

nathanong87
08-04-2012, 05:05 AM

center middy right hurrrr

also had the white predator accelerator (marco etcheverry joints). however my friend gave those too me and i was only able to wear them for like a day before my feet grew haha. =( one of the best looking cleats of all time imho.

i REGRET not buying the accelerator fg in neon yellow when i had the chance...TWICE . once when i was playing for a summer in italy with my state odp team, and once on ebay..... SIGH.

tricky_ab
08-04-2012, 06:48 AM

10. adidas nova mundial

Good LAWD, that's a list of legends! Man, now I have to really think about the pairs of boots I've owned over the years.

You had a really NICE selections of boots my man!

In high school i used adidas mundial and remember ordering from Eurosprt, eastbay magazine they had really good prices and free shipping, I now have neon yellow nike mercurials they are really good and light, and have indoors futbol shoes i used as casual black/white retro adidas Samba and red Asics pretty comfy last a long time.

I play sweeper, or centre midfield depending on what formation my team is playing...

ineedone
08-04-2012, 07:02 AM
I am a forward/attacking mid/winger depending on the team I am with and who we are playing.

nathanong87 - Did you play MD ODP? I was on the 83, 84, and 85 teams (even though I am technically an 86). I was there the two years before MD ODP folded. By the time they got it all straightened out I was already like F all that mess... which was a huge mistake because they came back like monsters and dominated.

nathanong87
08-05-2012, 07:25 AM
I am a forward/attacking mid/winger depending on the team I am with and who we are playing.

nathanong87 - Did you play MD ODP? I was on the 83, 84, and 85 teams (even though I am technically an 86). I was there the two years before MD ODP folded. By the time they got it all straightened out I was already like F all that mess... which was a huge mistake because they came back like monsters and dominated.

Yea man ! Maryland indeed, I played for the 87s from like 99-05 or so. Odp was always a weird experience. Political for sure some years and some really good players left off the squad. Some years I started and some years I rode the bench haha. It was alright though as Maryland produced some really good players. If u are an 86 we must know a lot o the same players honestly! Heck I might evn know you , what be thou name ?

My club team was SAC united premiere and I also played for Chesapeake dragons for the summer league.

ineedone
08-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Yea man ! Maryland indeed, I played for the 87s from like 99-05 or so. Odp was always a weird experience. Political for sure some years and some really good players left off the squad. Some years I started and some years I rode the bench haha. It was alright though as Maryland produced some really good players. If u are an 86 we must know a lot o the same players honestly! Heck I might evn know you , what be thou name ?

My club team was SAC united premiere and I also played for Chesapeake dragons for the summer league.

Was that AJ Delagarza's team? I never met or played with the kid but a couple of the kids I played with in college are his boys and played with him. They were from bowie/severna park area.

ODP was really political... It was worse in college though... No lie, I added on "O" to my last name just so I would get some love from the GMU coach at the time. He only let Irish kids and track stars from trinidad do walk ons.

nathanong87
08-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Was that AJ Delagarza's team? I never met or played with the kid but a couple of the kids I played with in college are his boys and played with him. They were from bowie/severna park area.

ODP was really political... It was worse in college though... No lie, I added on "O" to my last name just so I would get some love from the GMU coach at the time. He only let Irish kids and track stars from trinidad do walk ons.

haha !

naw my team was probably 3rd club team in the state behind potomac cougars and casa mia bays (aj's team)

aj is the same year as me, and i played with a bunch of his teammates from the bays on cheseapeake dragons. Yea a bunch of those guys started off on the bowie warthogs and then when they broke up half of them went to potomac and half went to case mia. There was a pretty big gap between potomac #2 (in the state) and us though. Most of my team was from columbia md. Potomac and Bmore both had kids traveling really far to play for them

i went to UMCP and got to see a bunch of the dudes i played with and against do well in college and eventually get to MLS. it's unreal thinking about that. comically i actually never thought AJ would make it to MLS for his size, but he proved me wrong haha!