PDA

View Full Version : Chasing idle problems.....

slideways SR20
06-27-2012, 11:41 PM
after completing my s13 sr20 swap it ran good for a few days, maybe a week but then i discovered it had a blown turbo gasket, as well as it was starting to run rich and idle like s**t. i replaced the gasket and the car was still running rich. i had a walboro 255 and the stock fpr. so i upgraded to areomotive afpr setup and tuned it to 43.5 psi w/o vacuum source. when i stated it ran perfect and i allowed it to idle while i checked again for leaks. after a couple minutes idling it begins to miss slightly. fuel pressure is good but rpms begin to bog down a little. this is about the same as it was doing before the afpr minus the smell of gas... so i'm thinking it could be a bad coil, ignitor chip, or something with the maf? any thoughts are appreciated... tired of spending money. also if its any help befrore the aero fpr, when it was running rich, it didnt seem to boost.. thanks again

slideways SR20
06-28-2012, 12:54 PM
no thoughts?

godsmack
06-29-2012, 07:06 PM
pull the plugs and check for 1 of the plugs to be soaked after you start it up. i bet you have a leaky injector.

godsmack
06-29-2012, 07:07 PM
oops nevermind. if it would boost fine then i would lean towards the leaky injector. check your temp. sensor and for vacuum leaks.

ultimateirving
06-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Being that this is a brand new swap, I would highly advise Pressure testing your system. Build a boost leak tester, and you can find all those vacuum lines and couplers that you didnt quite tighten enough.

slideways SR20
06-29-2012, 10:28 PM
i appreciate the advice i will defintily check for boost or vacuum leaks as well as temp sensor. i drove it today and its strange it drove fine, although felt like it wasnt boosting, and revs would did really low under decel, but then while turning into advance it just shut off. got maf cleaner, cleaned it and it started up and died right away. then started up and idled fine but was missing or stuttering. so im thinking possibly AICV or coilpack/ ignitior chip.