PDA

View Full Version : 2012-2013 NBA Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

fliprayzin240sx
06-21-2012, 09:54 PM
And lets get the ball rolling with the draft. Am I the only one who thinks Doc River's son should have stayed in college one more year?!?!

theronin
06-21-2012, 10:46 PM
2nd!

Lakers anyone?

Riq
06-21-2012, 11:37 PM
AHHHHHHHH THIRD, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, NO TIME FOR LOSERS CAUSE WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS.... OF THE WORLD!!!

Okay, I'm done.

Nah I think Doc's son's stock is pretty high right now. Last I checked he is projected to go top 10 and as low as 5th. Given that Doc is his dad, I expect him to be more ready to play in the NBA than most.

fliprayzin240sx
06-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Thats the thing, I've seen him play in while he was at Duke...he just didnt have that "wow" factor for him. I think he could have played another year to get more experience and get more comfortable. NBA will be too fast for him I think, not sure how long itll take him to adjust to the speed.

Plus, he looked like he just started puberty yesterday...

Gnnr
06-21-2012, 11:47 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/603214807.jpg?key=15362048&Expires=1340344923&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=CmB8wcienUd2W1H4hXhGXyApWh6ltZF9YrU8XiSL oXJ1XeleH-OtRcW1NMT5h-jgnS3QCiN2H3FxRd7SZ41NRZ51KQNTLYWlOEci6V6wEM27talD habwKtZG2x4LPNfe4Rr6Nec5Jzv4c84karGVt~d--Ty~qW5PY9oceSaRjxM_

K_style
06-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Go Blazers !!! LOL.... I know i gave up...

revat619
06-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Thats the thing, I've seen him play in while he was at Duke...he just didnt have that "wow" factor for him. I think he could have played another year to get more experience and get more comfortable. NBA will be too fast for him I think, not sure how long itll take him to adjust to the speed.

Plus, he looked like he just started puberty yesterday...

I agree with every part of this statement. :bow:

Riq
06-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Looks like Amar'e is taking his anger out on fans now. A Knick fan tweeted him to step his game up next season and Amar'e the 10 year old pmed him "Fuck you. I don't have to do anything F*g". What is wrong with Amar'e? Has he never heard of screen grab? I'm sure he will get a pretty nice fine from the NBA for this smh...

FRpilot
06-24-2012, 01:13 PM
haha he really said that?

Gnnr
06-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Looks like Amar'e is taking his anger out on fans now. A Knick fan tweeted him to step his game up next season and Amar'e the 10 year old pmed him "Fuck you. I don't have to do anything F*g". What is wrong with Amar'e? Has he never heard of screen grab? I'm sure he will get a pretty nice fine from the NBA for this smh...

Ruh roh, looks like Grant Hill is gonna have to have a word with Amare tossing that phrase around.

aziankingz
06-25-2012, 02:45 PM
You can't blame Amare for his antics; after all, he is from Florida? Right?, Right?

enkei2k
06-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Man, I hope you guys liked that parade. Should have been epic. Anybody actually go and take pics?

So I just read, the Thunder lost to the Heat 4-1 with a full squad (no major players lost due to injury) The Knicks lost to the Heat 4-1 with a not complete roster (dumbass Amar'e, Davis, Lin). Does that mean Thunder=Knicks?

HAHAHAHA oh crap, what did I just start?

tricky_ab
06-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Ray's chasing paper this year - it's his last contract. As long as he can prove that he can get his legs underneath him, he'll get a big enough 2 year deal somewhere.

But it'd be interesting to see him play with the Heat. Hell, either Nash or Allen will be making buckets of treys.

word sux
06-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Man, I hope you guys liked that parade. Should have been epic. Anybody actually go and take pics?

So I just read, the Thunder lost to the Heat 4-1 with a full squad (no major players lost due to injury) The Knicks lost to the Heat 4-1 with a not complete roster (dumbass Amar'e, Davis, Lin). Does that mean Thunder=Knicks?

HAHAHAHA oh crap, what did I just start?

I was not able to give grats to the heat fans in the last thread...

but congrats you guys earned it. as much as I would have loved to see queen james never get a title in his career he stepped up and showed true class and sportsmanship, he really played his ass off and I do have allot of respect for him..

anyway I agree! I think the knicks with healthy players will be a force to be reckoned with next season. Lin WILL be back on the team due to the whole bird rule. Lin puts asses in seat and thats what the knicks head honchos want.

Phlip
06-25-2012, 06:41 PM
anyway I agree! I think the knicks with healthy players will be a force to be reckoned with next season. Lin WILL be back on the team due to the whole bird rule. Lin puts asses in seat and thats all the knicks head honchos ever want.

There, fixed that for you.

The knicks CAN be a better team next year than this year, but only when anyone not named Tyson Cleotis Chandler can be bothered to even TRY on defense will they be a contender. I am also not convinced that Carmelo can work in an offensive system in which the ball doesn't die in his hands, for better or worse.

word sux
06-25-2012, 06:51 PM
There, fixed that for you.

The knicks CAN be a better team next year than this year, but only when anyone not named Tyson Cleotis Chandler can be bothered to even TRY on defense will they be a contender. I am also not convinced that Carmelo can work in an offensive system in which the ball doesn't die in his hands, for better or worse.

Can't agree more...

hey let not forget gucchi!

melo has to realize that if he does not do what lebron did and play D with all his heart then he won't have a ring. I hope this dawns apon him. I hope he realizes this. He is possibly the most naturally talented player in the nba.

Riq
06-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Ray's chasing paper this year - it's his last contract. As long as he can prove that he can get his legs underneath him, he'll get a big enough 2 year deal somewhere.

But it'd be interesting to see him play with the Heat. Hell, either Nash or Allen will be making buckets of treys.

Ray Allen will play in Miami or Chicago next season. Sure he wants money but he wants to win more. From what I understand there is mutual interested from Ray and Miami to make it happen. Personally I am jumping for joy at the idea of Ray playing here. He's the only Celtic that I respect and like. Plus the guy is a hard worker and extremely classy. Mike Miller is sure to be out for most of next season if he doesn't retire after back surgery so Ray is def needed.

I would also like to see Chris Kamen come to Miami but that is highly unlikely, he is going to want money more than winning.

As far as Steve Nash goes.... It's highly unlikely Miami signs him. We won with Rio and Cole train. If they bring Nash in, that takes minutes away from our young up and comming PG's. Plus Nash can't defend like these guys can and thats the most important thing in Miami. Nash could be playing in NYC... Atleast thats what I think... OKC is a strong possibility as well.

word sux
06-25-2012, 07:31 PM
nash won't come to nyc because of the cap

Riq
06-25-2012, 09:01 PM
nash won't come to nyc because of the cap

It would have to be for the vet minimum but it would have to be that pretty much anywhere he goes when it comes to contenders. Plus you know Amar'e is going to try his hardest to talk him into it. Nash would make the Knicks a dangerous team as long as Amar'e acts his age and not his IQ and Melo comes back inshape for the first time ever and adds more to his game other than Melo+Eldow=Bad shot and no ball movement

word sux
06-25-2012, 09:20 PM
It would have to be for the vet minimum but it would have to be that pretty much anywhere he goes when it comes to contenders. Plus you know Amar'e is going to try his hardest to talk him into it. Nash would make the Knicks a dangerous team as long as Amar'e acts his age and not his IQ and Melo comes back inshape for the first time ever and adds more to his game other than Melo+Eldow=Bad shot and no ball movement

I could not agree with you more but I don't think this will happen

Gnnr
06-26-2012, 12:21 PM
Report -- Larry Bird to step down as Indiana Pacers president - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8096936/report-larry-bird-step-indiana-pacers-president)

I don't quite know what to say about this. Wasn't Bird responsible for getting the Pacers in the playoffs?

Also NY should beware now that Walsh is going to be back in the driver's seat working for a team much better than the one he was on.

In other news, how can this hideous thing go #1?

http://www.sportspickle.com/picture/12120/anthony-davis-will-spend-his-first-nba-paycheck-on-braces

aziankingz
06-26-2012, 12:43 PM
He is fucking scary man.. not even those hoodrats would tap that and not want to take 3 showers afterwards..

Riq
06-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Dude is hella ugly...

musikjunkie
06-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Dude is hella ugly...

...... hella ugly making millions.

must be nice having talent haha

Riq
06-26-2012, 06:07 PM
...... hella ugly making millions.

must be nice having talent haha

He could be making Billions, it doesn't change the fact that he is top 3 ugliest people I have ever seen lol!

In other news Amar'e got hit with a $50K fine for his twitter pm to a Knick fan. That was an expensive pm.

FRpilot
06-26-2012, 06:41 PM
In other news, how can this hideous thing go #1?

Anthony Davis Will Spend His First NBA Paycheck on Braces - SportsPickle Picture (http://www.sportspickle.com/picture/12120/anthony-davis-will-spend-his-first-nba-paycheck-on-braces)

i had braces when i was a kid. the first couple of days of wearing braces is always painful, but for him it will probably be more than a few days.

Phlip
06-26-2012, 07:41 PM
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/208855_472008686160994_1115625369_n.jpg

This will be a LOOOOONG season for Carmelo Anthony

Riq
06-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Lmfao DAAAARRKKOOOOOO!!!

Phlip
06-27-2012, 01:55 PM
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/563467_472469526114910_1515785990_n.jpg

lmfao

Gnnr
06-27-2012, 09:06 PM
lol :rofl:

Riq
06-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Bwahahahaha ^^^^

Phlip
06-28-2012, 11:41 AM
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/575036_473027879392408_135625833_n.jpg

also...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/if-vintage-nba-draft-evaluations-had-actually-been

Gnnr
06-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Ahhhh, kill it with fire!

lol @ Stern getting his ass booed the whole Draft and people cheering the deputy commissioner :rofl:

FRpilot
06-28-2012, 09:05 PM
do you guys follow the draft?

i thought harrison barnes would never fall to #7, but he did!

how did Damian Lillard get drafted so high. he must have raised his stock by like a lot during tryouts.

WERDdabuilder
06-28-2012, 09:12 PM
okc got the steal with pj3.
frpilot - i like the barnes pick. he'll ball out in that offense.

enkei2k
06-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Kostas Papanikolaou.

Who the hell...?

Kostas Papanikolaou - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kostas_Papanikolaou)

Knicks, you never cease to amaze me with your draft picks. It's a trend.

WERDdabuilder
06-28-2012, 09:25 PM
LMAO @knicks fans.

that one fan is gonna be the new
http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu237/cgreggg/jags.gif
wtf gif..

FRpilot
06-28-2012, 09:30 PM
frpilot - i like the barnes pick. he'll ball out in that offense.

well on the warriors boards, the consensus was that gsw needed a sf and our ideal sf would be igoudala. if we couldn't get igoudala via trade then mkg or barnes would be our best option at sf, but no way mkg would fall that low. i thought barnes would be taken around 4-6 too, but lillard jumped way up. i think he was project 10-13.

i feel like barnes has enough potential that his selection at #7 might mirror a similar scenario a few years ago: when stephen curry dropped and the warriors took him at #7 and screwed the knicks. LOL

BOROSUN
06-28-2012, 10:31 PM
i already knew kostas, he was already on the knicks radar for awhile. but didn't know he was the definite 48th pick. i was shocked watching it too.

5. Kostas Papanikolaou (Greece) -- The lefty Papanikolaou (6-8, 225) is a little bit of a cross between foreign NBA players Manu Ginobili and Carlos Delfino. He has some craftiness like Ginobili -- he has crossover moves, can split defenders and knows how to finish -- but he's not as good of a passer. Papanikolaou is a pure scorer, who also demonstrates defensive intensity like Delfino. In fact, he'll hustle back and make blocks in transition. Like both of the current NBA players, Papanikolaou's best asset is arguably his 3-point shot.

bad news, he wont be playing a few years. wtf.

atleast we still got a chance with Machado who is undrafted, is a nice sub pg for lin.
sign vet min kidd since mav got DJO.
pick up foye for the 1&2.

lin / machado / kidd
foye / fields / jr? /douglas
melo / novak / fields
stat /jorts /novak
tc / jorts/ jordan? / jj?

i guess , i'lll just have to wait for tomorrow.

damn, i loved every boo's at stern and heat mentions.

Phlip
06-29-2012, 10:35 AM
If Jared Sullinger's back winds up not being a bad problem and Fab Melo learns to play team defense with any semblance of efficiency, the Celtics may have had the best draft night of anyone.
Provided they manage to keep the big 3 intact for one or two more years.

FRpilot
06-29-2012, 11:05 AM
i think both percy jones iii and jared sullinger dropped way down due to medical red flags with bad backs, bad knees, etc. both have potential, but we'll see how that goes. i hear pj3 might have work ethic and attitude issues too.

Riq
06-29-2012, 05:41 PM
I heard Melo lost 12lbs so far. His fat ass needs to lose more than that before the season starts.

FRpilot
06-29-2012, 06:11 PM
I heard Melo lost 12lbs so far. His fat ass needs to lose more than that before the season starts.

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/IFWT-Melo-Wax1.jpg

idk, other than his baby face he doesn't look that fat to me.

Riq
06-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Basketball shape is not the same as normal people weight :)

drivens13
06-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Damn the Hornets and getting two future stars.
Watch out for the Pacers this season with a good draft pick just like OKC. Also agree Boston could have a good draft long as Jared's back gets better.

Phlip
06-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Watch out for the Pacers this season with a good draft pick just like OKC.
Um... apart from getting like the only white guy with a vertical like that, they got pretty much nothing.

enkei2k
06-29-2012, 10:14 PM
http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/IFWT-Melo-Wax1.jpg

idk, other than his baby face he doesn't look that fat to me.

I was confused about the revealing. Why in the hell would they use that old microfiber or whatever it was bball along with his figure? Fail. :picardfp:

FRpilot
06-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Um... apart from getting like the only white guy with a vertical like that, they got pretty much nothing.

hmm you're right... white dudes with hops means nothing. look at joe alexander, former slam dunk contestant. last i heard of him was like two years ago and he was in the d league. i wouldn't be surprised if he's playing in europe now.

Gnnr
06-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Pants down, shake down

Golden State Warriors' Mark Jackson target of extortion scheme - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8108107/golden-state-warriors-mark-jackson-target-extortion-scheme)

fliprayzin240sx
07-01-2012, 05:38 AM
Hornets buys out Rashard Lewis' $24M contract...
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/New-Orleans-Hornets-waive-Rashard-Lewis-063012

Odom back with LAC...
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Lamar-Odom-Los-Angeles-Clippers-Mo-Williams-Utah-Jazz-NBA-deal-062912

Howard is officially the biggest prima donna in the league. He is demanding to get traded to the Nets and at the same time going thru the players association to weasel his way out on the 1 year option that he agreed to a couple of months ago...

Riq
07-01-2012, 11:40 AM
D12 is now hated more than LBJ ever was. There is no way Lebron is the nost hated player in the NBA anymore. Dwight doesn't know if he's coming or going, wow.....

Gnnr
07-01-2012, 07:04 PM
D12 is now hated more than LBJ ever was. There is no way Lebron is the nost hated player in the NBA anymore. Dwight doesn't know if he's coming or going, wow.....

lol, hold your horses there bud. LBJ is the most polarizing figure in sports.

murda-c
07-01-2012, 07:14 PM
lol, hold your horses there bud. LBJ is the most polarizing figure in sports.

Nah i think people hate tiger more...Because he is actually a dick. Not a guy who had one bad TV program and a lot of marketing.

Phlip
07-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Nah i think people hate tiger more...Because he is actually a dick. Not a guy who had one bad TV program and a lot of marketing.

No, see, Tiger only spoke in the interest of murdering whatever anyone put in front of him for the whole of his career. When we found that to include vaginas as well as golfers, then the media trained us to hate him.
Fact remains that Tiger did no different than ALL of our favorite athletes, honestly. I never hated the guy, I love how he said nothing about continually being dominant as an uninvited guest in his profession. Now, I dislike how he is paying homage to this broad by not being a good golfer anymore, but that is another story

fliprayzin240sx
07-01-2012, 08:59 PM
I can't hate Tiger since he did something that nobody can ever do...make golf popular for anybody under the age of 30.

Gnnr
07-01-2012, 11:36 PM

Tiger is not hated by the majority, he was the butt of jokes for a while, but now people are tuning in to watch golf because they want to see him make a comeback. People are still rooting for him.

Phlip
07-02-2012, 06:18 PM
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/392842_475669989128197_783604429_n.jpg

Report: Anthony Davis likely off Team USA roster following injury (http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/basketball/story/anthony-davis-team-usa-ankle-injury-nba-top-draft-pick-miss-london-games-070212)

Riq
07-02-2012, 08:47 PM
^^^ Ouch, maybe it was the unibrow that did it lol!

Goofs
07-02-2012, 09:22 PM
^^^ Ouch, maybe it was the unibrow that did it lol!

was that supposed to be a joke bro?

SimpleS14
07-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Can't he get some laser surgery or something permanent? The jokes and memes will keep rolling till he retires.....

Gnnr
07-02-2012, 09:37 PM
was that supposed to be a joke bro?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/calm-down.jpg

BOROSUN
07-03-2012, 03:09 AM
Lin dropped out on USA team select.

Phlip
07-03-2012, 07:08 AM
Can't he get some laser surgery or something permanent? The jokes and memes will keep rolling till he retires.....

The jokes can KEEP rolling, because he is taking it to the bank:
Anthony Davis trademarks his fearsome brow - Bottom Line (http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/26/12416824-anthony-davis-trademarks-his-fearsome-brow?lite)

93s13vert
07-03-2012, 07:42 AM
finally my team might actually have some good players... the NETs lol.
We got Joe Johnson which is nice, but now we need to get howard from orlando and williams to resign, then we'd have a pretty solid team to start off and possibly build off of...

we'll see how it turns out of orlando actually takes our offer.

Phlip
07-03-2012, 08:11 AM
We got Joe Johnson which is nice, but now we need to get howard from orlando and williams to resign, then we'd have a pretty solid team to start off and possibly build off of...

That is three max contracts... Collective Bargaining made it so no one will be able to afford that without going DEEP into Luxury Tax, which eventually defeats the purpose of having that many stars on the team, they won't be able to afford the role players necessary to avoid being a first-round exit

And they very well still COULD pull it off, but it would be very similar to how that other team in NY did when they sold their whole bench for Carmelo and were no better for it.
The new word on the street is that they're trying to send Brook Lopez, Kris Humphries, Marshon Brooks and first-round picks in 2013, 2015 and 2017 for Howard. That would leave them with Howard, Iso Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Deron Williams and guess I could come out of retirement and start at Power Forward for them.

enkei2k
07-03-2012, 12:42 PM
That would leave them with Howard, Iso Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Deron Williams and guess I could come out of retirement and start at Power Forward for them.

You know, me being from BK and a Knicks fan, but I'd love to see this happen and will buy tickets to see their games! haha.

I think the Nets also signed some international guy for the MLE...so you'll be relegated to the bench.

Gnnr
07-03-2012, 04:06 PM

Be patient, I'm counting that you are getting both Dwight and Williams. The owner basically owns Russia, lol.

That would leave them with Howard, Iso Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Deron Williams and guess I could come out of retirement and start at Power Forward for them.

Would pay to see Uncle Phlip come out of retirement. :D

KnBRHu4uYHQ

Gnnr
07-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Celtics reach deal with Jason Terry - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--celtics-reach-deal-with-jason-terry.html)

Ray Allen, come on down!

Nets land Reggie Evans in sign-and-trade deal - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets-land-reggie-evans-in-sign-and-trade-deal.html)

enkei2k
07-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Deron Williams signed an extension with the Nets. Guess he'll be staying around for a while...

from his Twitter:
Twitter / DeronWilliams: Made a very tough decision (http://twitter.com/DeronWilliams/statuses/220291777238798336)

FRpilot
07-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Should have went to Dallas. Cuban would have treated you like a king and that organization has a winning attitude.

Nets better go after d12. They are not contending with a slowing down since 2years ago Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace is a nice player but crash is injured a lot and more of a third guy like bosh than a second guy like westbrook.

Phlip
07-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Lakers News: Team Acquires Point Guard Steve Nash | Lakers Nation (http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-team-acquires-point-guard-steve-nash/2012/07/04/)

I say make an attempt to sign Sessions too, let him mentor under Nash and take the reins on the other side.
Sessions will chase the money, though.

FRpilot
07-04-2012, 07:10 PM
nash to lakers was unexpected. all i heard over the last day was toronto offered a 3 year 36M contract, but he seemed destined to new york if they could get close to that offer and they apparently did with a 27-30M 3 year offer after losing fields.

Phlip
07-04-2012, 07:17 PM
nash to lakers was unexpected. all i heard over the last day was toronto offered a 3 year 36M contract, but he seemed destined to new york if they could get close to that offer and they apparently did with a 27-30M 3 year offer after losing fields.

No one worth their salt will go to the Knicks as long as Melo is running the show there

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/166052_476930335668829_1621194791_n.jpg

BOROSUN
07-04-2012, 07:18 PM
^just saw that shit earlier. if that drama goes thru...hahah fuck you toronto.
http://www.nraila.org/media/2428687/poisonpill.jpg in yo face.

BOROSUN
07-04-2012, 07:22 PM
No one worth their salt will go to the Knicks as long as Melo is running the show there

nash said he rather go to knicks then nets. :mephfawk: haha.

FRpilot
07-04-2012, 07:39 PM
EDIT: nvm, nash could have left for nothing, but nash agreed to a sign and trade so that the suns could at least get something for him leaving. still, it seems like pretty much nothing since 2 first round draft picks from the lakers is pretty much 2 first round picks in the 20s and 2 second round picks aren't even guaranteed. plus lakers give phoenix $3M in money.

also heard mavs turned their full attention to Nash after losing out on deron. i guess money doesn't matter to nash. he rather be closer to his children.

mavs look like they are not getting anything done and breaking up their team unless they can land cp3 next year with all their capspace.

Goofs
07-04-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm glad Nash chose to go to the Lakers. I'm not really a Lakers fan, just want to see Kobe get his 6th ring, and I think that can happen with Kobe's mentality and the combination of Nash and Bynum/Gasol. I guess it's all up to Mike Brown now.

tricky_ab
07-04-2012, 08:37 PM
So lemme get this straight...

Nash chose the Lakers (OFF ALL TEAMS) over the Knicks, but the Knicks keep Shumpert/Harrelson/some semblance of the young talent?

Goofs
07-04-2012, 08:47 PM
So lemme get this straight...

Nash chose the Lakers (OFF ALL TEAMS) over the Knicks, but the Knicks keep Shumpert/Harrelson/some semblance of the young talent?

He knows the Knicks are a lost cause.

Also, he wanted to be close to his children as well.

If I were you I would be pissed that he didn't take the max contract from Toronto.

Gnnr
07-04-2012, 08:54 PM
This came as no surprise to me, I voted Lakers in this poll yesterday:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2exqbgk.png

FRpilot
07-04-2012, 09:44 PM
i thought there might have been a possibility he would have wanted to play in his home country (canada) and took the toronto offer since it was $12M/year over 3 years. Knicks, Dallas, and especially Toronto have no shot at winning, I guess money doesn't matter to him. If the Lakers get Dwight Howard, now that would be something.

Riq
07-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Ray Allen is meeting the Heat in a few hours man oh man I seriously see him signing with the Heat.

As far as Nash going to L.A, things just got real interesting in the West. OKC better watchout

az_240
07-04-2012, 10:38 PM
This is a disgrace:facepalm: Sad to see Nash go....to the fucking Lakers:facepalm:

Can't really blame him though... the Suns are a goddamn nightmare right now.

It's going to be a rough couple years:(

fliprayzin240sx
07-04-2012, 10:44 PM
But isnt what the Lakers need at the PG position is somebody who can play some D? I know his upside is on offense but what if he's more of a liability than anything else. Anyways, seems like he did the Suns a favor by giving them a bunch of draft picks to rebuild. Not high picks but they can probably bundle them to move up.

revat619
07-04-2012, 11:50 PM
But isnt what the Lakers need at the PG position is somebody who can play some D? I know his upside is on offense but what if he's more of a liability than anything else. Anyways, seems like he did the Suns a favor by giving them a bunch of draft picks to rebuild. Not high picks but they can probably bundle them to move up.

Yes and no.

I mean, yeah obviously they'd want a great defensive stopper as well, BUT you can offset the defensive issues with a great pg that can score, stretch the defense, efficiently run the offense, set up Kobe/Bynum with easy buckets, etc...all of which Nash can do VERY well. As much as i hated seeing Fisher go, he wasn't a scoring threat and it made defense for the other teams WAY too easy. The same thing happens when Steve Blake is in the game.

Case and point, the first 5 games when Sessions was a starter he helped the Lakers in much the same way Nash will, and the Lakers once again looked like a contender.....BUT we all know that wasn't sustained and the rest is history. Nash wont crash and burn like Sessions did.

With Nash's skill set, the opposing teams will have to expend extra energy on defense to keep him and the rest of the Lakers offensive arsenal contained. With that comes less energy on offense and that'll serve the Lakers' defensive shortcomings nicely.

at least in theory. Regardless, i'm happy with the move!

BOROSUN
07-05-2012, 01:59 AM

If I were you I would be pissed that he didn't take the max contract from Toronto.

wrong. nash didnt want to go to lakers (hates the lakers) but, it helped the suns (which nash said will do anything to help the suns). instead of loading on contracts they took money and draft picks.:l101: its a win win for the suns.

time to sell that beloved summer home in nyc. :whip: it just got hostile.

grundwald is playing his cards, i would have never traded shump for a 2 season left pg.

revat619
07-05-2012, 03:10 AM
wrong. nash didnt want to go to lakers (hates the lakers) but, it helped the suns (which nash said will do anything to help the suns). instead of loading on contracts they took money and draft picks.:l101: its a win win for the suns.

time to sell that beloved summer home in nyc. :whip: it just got hostile.

grundwald is playing his cards, i would have never traded shump for a 2 season left pg.

Umm no. Read the press release. Nash ASKED for this deal. One of his main concerns was that he wanted to be close to his children in addition to wanting to be with a title contender and wanting a 3 year deal. Hence the reason he didn't chase the money else where. Of course he'd want to help his old team cuz he's an old school type player with loyalty, but that wasn't his motivation at all.

"After talking with (owner) Robert (Sarver) and (president of basketball operations) Lon (Babby) we've agreed that it's time for both of us to move in new directions," Nash told ESPN.com. "I approached them and asked if they would be willing to do a sign-and-trade deal with L.A. because it is very important to me to stay near my children and family.

"They were very apprehensive and didn't want to do it. Fortunately for me, they reconsidered. They saw that they were able to get assets for their team that will make them better, assets they would not have otherwise had and it made sense for them to do a deal that helps their team get better."

The knicks are a horrible organization, LA is close to Arizona and is a title contender, and they gave him a decent 3 year deal worth over 25 mil. It was a no brainer.

az_240
07-05-2012, 04:34 AM
Not Nash's words but

"This is what I call a family values contract," Nash's agent Bill Duffy told USA TODAY Sports. "He was seriously considering retiring so he could remain close to his (three) children."

Nash was talking about family being #1 in an interview a couple days ago... would rather see him retire.

edit: god...please...no....> http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8131044/sources-michael-beasley-verbally-commits-three-year-18-million-deal-phoenix-suns

FRpilot
07-05-2012, 08:31 AM
edit: god...please...no....> Sources -- Michael Beasley verbally commits to three-year, $18 million deal with Phoenix Suns - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8131044/sources-michael-beasley-verbally-commits-three-year-18-million-deal-phoenix-suns)

at least there's still a possibility that NO won't match the eric gordon phoenix offer, but i think they will.

BarrigaS14
07-05-2012, 08:55 AM

Uggghhhhhh.

Anyways, the lakers have better d than the Suns do and can compensate for Nash's d lacking. Plus with guys in the middle who can clog it up, as long as Nash does a decent job at keeping guys off the 3, they should be fine.

The thing I hate is that the Suns got a whole bunch of picks that could wind up to be nothing. lakers are rarely ever in the lottery and if Nash does help them a ton, then we get late round picks...which means we get crap....

ugggggghhhhhhh

I would have at least liked to have gotten someone from somewhere.

woodchuck
07-05-2012, 09:10 AM
This is a disgrace:facepalm: Sad to see Nash go....to the fucking Lakers:facepalm:

Can't really blame him though... the Suns are a goddamn nightmare right now.

It's going to be a rough couple years:(

at this point you just have to happy for nash to be going to a playoff team.
the suns helped him out and nash is some ways helped the suns out with this trade.

looks like i'll be a laker fan for the duration Nash's contract.

Gnnr
07-05-2012, 11:33 AM
I cant believe there are some serious haters up in here who think that Nash didn't want to go to LA.

You are delusional.

And I hate the Lakers, but I'm not ignorant. :rolleyes:

BOROSUN
07-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Umm no. Read the press release. Nash ASKED for this deal. One of his main concerns was that he wanted to be close to his children in addition to wanting to be with a title contender and wanting a 3 year deal. Hence the reason he didn't chase the money else where. Of course he'd want to help his old team cuz he's an old school type player with loyalty, but that wasn't his motivation at all.

"After talking with (owner) Robert (Sarver) and (president of basketball operations) Lon (Babby) we've agreed that it's time for both of us to move in new directions," Nash told ESPN.com. "I approached them and asked if they would be willing to do a sign-and-trade deal with L.A. because it is very important to me to stay near my children and family.

"They were very apprehensive and didn't want to do it. Fortunately for me, they reconsidered. They saw that they were able to get assets for their team that will make them better, assets they would not have otherwise had and it made sense for them to do a deal that helps their team get better."

The knicks are a horrible organization, LA is close to Arizona and is a title contender, and they gave him a decent 3 year deal worth over 25 mil. It was a no brainer.

title contender as much as the 76ers.:goyou:

what family, he's divorced? his wife gave birth to another brothers baby. while he was smashing young punanies on the eastcoast.

Riq
07-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Looks like NY missed out on yet another big time player and Brolosun is making excuses for the missfire with his moral victory delusions. It's sad but the NYK are officialy the Miami Dolphins of basketball. They make all the wrong moves and have to overpay people to go play for them and even then they missout more than they land them because of the horrible FO's track record. The Knicks look more and more screawed everyday, the Nets are slowly becoming NY's team...

Lets go Nets!!!

In other news, the Clippers gave up on Ray Allen so it's down to the Heat and Celtics. I give the Heat a 80% chance to land him. The only the that can stop it from happening is Failtic Pride....

FRpilot
07-05-2012, 02:11 PM
i guess it doesn't even matter if the quotes are coming from Nash himself and it doesn't matter if you are Steve Nash. Your decision and whatever you say is wrong if you disagree. LOL.

Apparently, your children and everyone else related to you who isn't your ex-wife is no longer your family once you are divorced and philadelphia gets thrown into the conversation out of nowhere to make a point. :confused:

btw, it's just steve nash. i don't even know if it's worth all this effort to make a fuss over a guy who is going to be 39 heading into this season and 42 by the time he's done? he's going to help a team like the lakers compete, but not a team like toronto, dallas, or new york as currently constructed.

Phlip
07-05-2012, 02:55 PM
It’s funnier that people are flatly denying that LA was where he wanted to be… he was an unrestricted free agent and could have freely gone where in the hell ever he wanted to be. As a loyal person, he did not leave them with nothing in return and for that he should be commended. However, the first part of a sign-and-trade is that the player is in agreement to play for the team he is being traded to. It is as good a s free agent signing in that regard.
The Knicks might have had a chance, but never much of one, apparently

FRpilot
07-05-2012, 03:14 PM
i think the person who really got screwed out of this is Grant Hill. He had suitors, but choose to stay by Nash's side and now Nash is gone.

it will be weird seeing nash in a lakers uniform, but he will help them. way more than fisher or sessions.

enkei2k
07-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Kidd to NYC? What???

I thought he just agreed to end his career in Dallas...let's see how this plays out.

Source -- Jason Kidd agrees to deal with New York Knicks - ESPN New York (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8133070/source-jason-kidd-agrees-deal-new-york-knicks)

Riq
07-05-2012, 03:36 PM
List of Delusional Statements:

Dwight Howard wanted to go to NY
CP3 wanted to go to NY not L.A
LBJ wanted to go NY thats why the decision was held so close to NYC
D-Will wanted to go to NY
Steve Nash didn't want to go to L.A, NY was where he wanted to go.
Kids don't count as family, once you're devorced you're Nowhere Man
Phil Jackson was a sure thing to NY
BD is the best PG in the NBA when healthy
The Heat are overrated and the Bricks are better
Melo>LBJ
Mike Woodson is the best choice for the Knicks at coach
Iso Melo works just fine... It did in Denver... Right?... Right?
Melo is a top 3 assist foward
Tyson Chandler deserved Defensive Player of the Year
The fire extinguisher hit Amar'e first, it was self defense
Every Youtube highlight film ever linked by Brolo
The Knicks are better than the Bulls
Everyone is wrong if they don't agree with Brolo, they are also bypolar, retarded, bros that are blind
Now we got Kidd and White who can play defense
Amar'e>Bosh

Gnnr
07-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Delusional:

Dwight Howard wanted to go to NY
CP3 wanted to go to NY not L.A
LBJ wanted to go NY thats why the decision was held so close to NYC
D-Will wanted to go to NY
Phil Jackson was a sure thing to NY
BD is the best PG in the NBA when healthy
The Heat are overrated and the Bricks are better
Melo>LBJ
Mike Woodson is the best choice for the Knicks at coach
Iso Melo works just fine... It did in Denver... Right?... Right?
Melo is a top 3 assist foward
Tyson Chandler deserved Defensive Player of the Year
The fire extinguisher hit Amar'e first, it was self defense
Every Youtube highlight film ever linked by Brolo
The Knicks are better than the Bulls
Everyone is wrong if they don't agree with Brolo, they are also bypolar, retarded, bros that are blind

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/images/smilies/flamesmiley.gif

BOROSUN
07-05-2012, 03:59 PM
nash was becoming a poison pill. i basically jump off the boat ages ago when sun proposed a sign and trade. meaning he's letting the suns get some benefits. even though, he clearly stated on interviews, he loved to play for nyk.

grundwald is playing the game well and toronto thought they could cockblock.

now we got kidd and white. who can play defense.

FRpilot
07-05-2012, 04:08 PM
List of Delusional Statements

you should continue adding to that list as time goes by. i didn't know it was that long but it's pretty accurate and I had a good laugh down memory lane reading all those statements said in the past.

EDIT: you should add this

word sux
07-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Kidd to the knicks, did not see that one comming.

looks like Lin is getting a tutor.

tricky_ab
07-05-2012, 04:17 PM

Yeah I am :(

FRpilot
07-05-2012, 04:29 PM
I would be too if I was from Toronto. could have had something exciting to watch since Vince Carter.

Sorry, Chris Bosh wasn't that exciting. Speaking of Chris Bosh, how do you torontians feel about him? I think it was pretty much given that he was leaving so it's not like he led your city on.

Riq
07-05-2012, 04:45 PM
you should continue adding to that list as time goes by. i didn't know it was that long but it's pretty accurate and I had a good laugh down memory lane reading all those statements said in the past.

EDIT: you should add this

HA adding it as we speak

Phlip
07-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Aren't BOTH of Jason Kidd's knees surgically repaired?

FRpilot
07-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Aren't BOTH of Jason Kidd's knees surgically repaired?

didn't you know new york has a secret Lazarus Pit that they paid Ra's al Ghul a large amount of money for? kidd of 10 years ago was one of the best defensive playmaking point guards of last generation and once new york brings him in he will regain that form. who needs german plasma therapy?

tricky_ab
07-05-2012, 06:08 PM
I would be too if I was from Toronto. could have had something exciting to watch since Vince Carter.

Sorry, Chris Bosh wasn't that exciting. Speaking of Chris Bosh, how do you torontians feel about him? I think it was pretty much given that he was leaving so it's not like he led your city on.

Glad you mentioned Vince. He was the last great number one that we had. Bosh was pushed HARD as being a leader of the team for a while, but he was not a number one player and it showed in his gameplay. We didn't have the best team, we fall apart in the forth. It's not like he had the ability to put the team on his back so that we can pull it out.

FRpilot
07-05-2012, 06:26 PM
Glad you mentioned Vince. He was the last great number one that we had. Bosh was pushed HARD as being a leader of the team for a while, but he was not a number one player and it showed in his gameplay. We didn't have the best team, we fall apart in the forth. It's not like he had the ability to put the team on his back so that we can pull it out.

yea Vince was amazing back in his day even up to his New Jersey years. I remember him getting his shot at will with handling ability and in the post. Too bad he wasn't motivated to become a better player.

I remember Bosh making some game winning shots and 3 pointers, but he never seemed like the alpha dog type so i guess his lost wasn't as painful. i don't imagine people in canada burned his jersey the way they burned vince' jerseys.

Goofs
07-05-2012, 08:26 PM
looks like Lin is getting a tutor.

Nope, Lin signed with the Rockets.

FRpilot
07-05-2012, 09:40 PM

i was told last year by someone that Dolan will not just let lin go and pay him because he makes him money. let's see if he will match the offer.

Gnnr
07-05-2012, 09:55 PM

http://gifgarage.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/20120422083155-c7da98fc.gif

lol, oh man and NY continues with another decade of irrelevance.

BarrigaS14
07-06-2012, 01:33 AM
now we got kidd...who USE can play defense.

Kidd was a good defender long ago. But with PG's faster than him, he struggles to keep up.

And Nash is trying to court Hill to go to the lakers...shall see where he lands.

BOROSUN
07-06-2012, 01:43 AM

Nope, still can counter offer.

-lin's a cash cow will pay itself.
-by the last yr amare will be unloaded. i'm hoping he gets traded.

if they dont match... grundwald maybe has something up his sleeves.:bow:

BOROSUN
07-06-2012, 02:51 AM
Kidd was a good defender long ago. But with PG's faster than him, he struggles to keep up.

And Nash is trying to court Hill to go to the lakers...shall see where he lands.

most likely his mins will be limited by sharing mins. but, he can still defend.
they might looking for another 1/2 guy like foye, since smith and fields are out. makes more sense than just a backup 1. but, any of these guys i'll take in a heart beat...Scott Machado, Aaron Brooks, Ramon Sessions and Kirk Hinrich.

word sux
07-06-2012, 04:40 AM
I doubt the knicks would let go of Lin

He puts asses in seats and moves merch, not only that but he brings them the Asian market.

Phlip
07-06-2012, 06:19 AM
didn't you know new york has a secret Lazarus Pit that they paid Ra's al Ghul a large amount of money for?
Funniest thing I have read all week...
Even funnier because he had JUST come up in one of the missions on Lego Batman 2 when I came back and read this

tricky_ab
07-06-2012, 11:13 AM

Ric Bucher confirmed on ESPN Kidd said he chose NY because he viewed more of a role for himself with a better roster around him. He also said he was interested in mentoring Jeremy Lin.

"I think I can help," Kidd told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher, adding that he felt the Knicks have more "pieces to work with."

With the Mavericks confident they were closing in Thursday on a verbal agreement on a three-year deal with Kidd worth $9 million, sources told ESPN.com that Kidd -- after all-day deliberations with both teams -- has decided instead to leave Dallas to join the Knicks for a similar deal.

The contract can't be signed until July 11, which is the first day new NBA contracts can be signed. It's also possible, one source said, that Kidd ultimately could move to the Knicks in a sign-and-trade deal.

Sources briefed on the matter told ESPN.com that Kidd ultimately was swayed to take the Knicks' offer to go to New York, and take on the challenge of trying to help the Knicks move into the Eastern Conference elite and mentor fans' darling Jeremy Lin.

fliprayzin240sx
07-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Jason Kidd and defense, he'll fit right in with the Knicks since they're so defensive minded.

FRpilot
07-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Maybe Kidd feels that he should teach Lin a thing or two since they have that San Francisco Bay Area connection. Gary Payton worked out and helped Lin with his game before Linsanity.

Lots of movement in the NBA.

Lowry being traded to the Raptors. What happened to him being untouchable when the Lakers were interested.

Elton Brand will likely be amnestied and I’m sure a bunch of contenders will chase after him.

Brandon Roy signs with Minnesota. If he can regain some semblance of his former self he could help. I think he could be like Grant Hill (body will not allow him to reach the past peak of his years but talent will still good enough to be serviceable.)

Riq
07-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Everything is blowing up in Mark Cuban's face like I said it would last year. He broke up a championship team in hopes to makr his own big 3. As if playing in Dallas is better than playing in NYC. I said it last year and ill say it again, if I were a Mavrick fan I would be angry that Mark killed a good roster in hopes to chase a wildcard.

As far as teams chasing Elton Brand goes, I pray the Heat aren't one of them. I lost all respect for that asshole when he talked Baron Davis into becoming a Clipper and then chose to sign with the 76ers for less money. I don't like either team but I believe that a man should keep his word. He hurt both teams when he lied about staying a Clipper once Davis signed.

Phlip
07-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Word around the campfire is that Brandon Roy had the same sciency shit done to his knees that Kobe did. Apparently, Roy was a lot more effective than others who have had it in keeping quiet about it though.

FRpilot
07-06-2012, 02:25 PM
i thought roy's problem is that all the cartilage stuff in his knees deteriorated and were gone, whereas a normal human being has something there. if so, this procedure helped grow it back?

Phlip
07-06-2012, 02:34 PM
i thought roy's problem is that all the cartilage stuff in his knees deteriorated and were gone, whereas a normal human being has something there. if so, this procedure helped grow it back?

From what I could find on it:
The procedure involves doctors taking the patient’s own blood, spinning it in a centrifuge, making a serum and then injecting it into the knee. Doctors claim the blood then works to stop inflammation and reduce pain and cartilage damage.

fliprayzin240sx
07-06-2012, 05:45 PM
Lin needs to be working on his ball handling skills and learn to be able to dribble with his left just as good as his right.

theronin
07-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Ray Allen to the Heat, my GF is having a temper tantrum. I was hoping he could get over his beef with Rondo n Co, but I guess not :(

WERDdabuilder
07-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Word around the campfire is that Brandon Roy had the same sciency shit done to his knees that Kobe did. Apparently, Roy was a lot more effective than others who have had it in keeping quiet about it though.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l253/classedradio/Kobe-YoureWelcome.gif

D12 will probably be a laker in a couple days.

Riq
07-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Oh happy day, I'm very happy to hear the news. Lots of 3's will be raining this season.

theronin
07-06-2012, 10:05 PM
lol Riq ur avatar kills me.

Riq
07-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Yeah I have to thank Phlip for that one, I was going to take it down after the first round but I laugh everytime I look at it :D

TougeLove
07-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Oh happy day, I'm very happy to hear the news. Lots of 3's will be raining this season.

those 3 are going to kill it!

Gnnr
07-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Ray Allen, welcome to the fam!

Happy Lebronukkah to HEAT nation! On this day 2 years ago Lebron took his talents to Miami.

Riq
07-06-2012, 10:57 PM
From what I understand the Heat aren't done yet. Ira Winderman wrote that the Heat are still looking to sign Rashaard Lewis and Marcus Camby. Lewis as a minimum contract and Camby in a possible sign and trade for Joel Anthony. If this indeed happens, wow is all I can say.

So from my understanding if all of this happens the 2012-2013 Heat roster could be:

Pg Elmario Chalmers/ Norris Cole
Sg D-Wade/Ray Allen/ Mike Miller
Sf LBJ/ Shane Battier/James Jones
Pf CB1/ UD/ Lewis
C Marcus Camby/ Dexter Pittman

Happy Lebronukkuh indeed :D

fliprayzin240sx
07-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Thought Mike Miller retired? You know who I'm surprised nobody has talked about...JaVale McGee. If somebody needs an athletic middle enforcer, I'd take this guy.

WERDdabuilder
07-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Thought Mike Miller retired? You know who I'm surprised nobody has talked about...JaVale McGee. If somebody needs an athletic middle enforcer, I'd take this guy.

miller hasnt decided what to do yet.
mcgee and nuggets are talking and reports are both parties are happy.

Gnnr
07-06-2012, 11:36 PM
From what I understand the Heat aren't done yet. Ira Winderman wrote that the Heat are still looking to sign Rashaard Lewis and Marcus Camby. Lewis as a minimum contract and Camby in a possible sign and trade for Joel Anthony. If this indeed happens, wow is all I can say.

So from my understanding if all of this happens the 2012-2013 Heat roster could be:

Pg Elmario Chalmers/ Norris Cole
Sg D-Wade/Ray Allen/ Mike Miller
Sf LBJ/ Shane Battier/James Jones
Pf CB1/ UD/ Lewis
C Marcus Camby/ Dexter Pittman

Happy Lebronukkuh indeed :D

:snoop:

Its possible Miller will have the surgery and come back in the 2nd half of the season now that there will be a full 82 game schedule to stretch the rehab over.

Riq
07-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah Mike Miller said after the finals that he would do what is best for the franchise. At the time it meant he would retire so the Heat wouldn't have to amnesty him in order to sign a replacement but now that Ray is on the roster and Lewis looks like a lock as well, Mike can take all of next year to recover and still comeback in time for the playoffs without hurting the team. I know the team has been trying to talk James Jones out of calling it quits as well. For now both those guys look to be on the roster for next season.

As far as Mcgee goes, the kid has alot of talent but he reminds me of Michael Beasley, he just doesn't get it. So much talent being waisted because of childish immaturity

fliprayzin240sx
07-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Speaking of the Nuggets...wussup with Andre Miller? I always liked him and thought he could have been a great PG if only he landed on some of the better teams. He reminded me of Billups pre-detroit. You know he has the skills, just needed to find the right home.

WERDdabuilder
07-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Speaking of the Nuggets...wussup with Andre Miller? I always liked him and thought he could have been a great PG if only he landed on some of the better teams. He reminded me of Billups pre-detroit. You know he has the skills, just needed to find the right home.

he resigned with the nuggets.

fliprayzin240sx
07-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Damn you NBA.com FA Tracker!!! Somebody update that shit!!!

jamg
07-07-2012, 12:43 AM
I have no doubts on the knicks matching the offer.

jason is an old guy. he cannot run a full pace game without getting any rest. they need lin.

Everything is blowing up in Mark Cuban's face like I said it would last year. He broke up a championship team in hopes to makr his own big 3. As if playing in Dallas is better than playing in NYC. I said it last year and ill say it again, if I were a Mavrick fan I would be angry that Mark killed a good roster in hopes to chase a wildcard.

As far as teams chasing Elton Brand goes, I pray the Heat aren't one of them. I lost all respect for that asshole when he talked Baron Davis into becoming a Clipper and then chose to sign with the 76ers for less money. I don't like either team but I believe that a man should keep his word. He hurt both teams when he lied about staying a Clipper once Davis signed.

let's be real here, dallas in 2011 was no where close to a dynasty team.
cuban is a genius, he's doing everything right.

tricky_ab
07-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Wow, I really just cannot believe they got him. Games are going to be incredible to watch this season. Allen on a wing for the heat? Jesus H Christ man. They have like NO money available and yet still making these great moves. I think I had best stay away from RealGM today, I cannot even imagine the meltdowns.

Riq
07-07-2012, 08:57 AM
I have no doubts on the knicks matching the offer.

jason is an old guy. he cannot run a full pace game without getting any rest. they need lin.

let's be real here, dallas in 2011 was no where close to a dynasty team.
cuban is a genius, he's doing everything right.

True they were no dynasty but had they kept that roster together and also added Lamar Kardashian, I'm Kardashian wouldn't have shutdown because he would have been playing on a team that could have beaten his old team. At the very least that Dallas roster could have been in the WCF or Finals. Cuban played this horribly, Dirk is too old to be on a rebuilding team, no one wants to go let alone stay in Dallas and the ones that get hit hardest are the fans. They're not getting D-Will, they're def not getting Dwight and every other superstar will avoid the Mavs all together. It certainly doesn't help the Mavs that Mark was one of the hardline owners during the lockout and continued to be a pain in the ass when the Lakers pulled off a coup to get Chris Paul. Face it Mark Cuban breaking down that championship roster and being an asshole to the players during and after the lockout has hurt the Mavs much like it hurt the Bobcats and Cavs. No one really wants to play for these owners even if they have cap space. Most importantly winning one championship in the NBA is considered a fluke, you have to win more than one to become a true champion and the Mavs failed to even attempt to defend theirs.

Riq
07-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Wow, I really just cannot believe they got him. Games are going to be incredible to watch this season. Allen on a wing for the heat? Jesus H Christ man. They have like NO money available and yet still making these great moves. I think I had best stay away from RealGM today, I cannot even imagine the meltdowns.

Lol! Avoid espn msg boards and most importantly redsarmy.com. There are alot of angry Failtics fans blowing headgaskets over this move. Some are fine with him leaving but all of them are angry that Ray went to Miami. It's also really funny to see how Failtics fans react when they get angry, they turn into the biggest proud racists in the world, there is so much class in Boston :hyper:

Gnnr
07-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Those Celtics fans should realize the truth of how members of that organization where treating Ray.

Heat gave Ray Allen reason to again feel wanted - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--heat-gave-ray-allen-reason-to-again-feel-wanted.html)

https://p.twimg.com/AxK0hvECMAAgCS_.jpg

SimpleS14
07-07-2012, 09:55 AM
At first I was shocked Ray Allen made the move to the Heat. After reading that article, if it's true he was not treated well within the organization, then I can understand the move. I hope he recovers from the ankle injury and get back to his true form. He's definitely one of my fave players.

What do you guys think about Team USA? I think lack of size is an issue, especially at the center position.

tricky_ab
07-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Those Celtics fans should realize the truth of how members of that organization where treating Ray.

Heat gave Ray Allen reason to again feel wanted - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--heat-gave-ray-allen-reason-to-again-feel-wanted.html)

https://p.twimg.com/AxK0hvECMAAgCS_.jpg

When you think about it, You can't be shocked that a guy left the team that has been trying to trade him for two years straight. You can't be shocked that he wanted to leave a locker-room with the hot head PG who thinks he's a superstar. You can't really be shocked that a guy doesn't necessarily care about money or subscribes to the theory that a franchise thats been around for ages and haves the most championships is "superior".

Riq
07-07-2012, 10:01 AM
At first I was shocked Ray Allen made the move to the Heat. After reading that article, if it's true he was not treated well within the organization, then I can understand the move. I hope he recovers from the ankle injury and get back to his true form. He's definitely one of my fave players.

What do you guys think about Team USA? I think lack of size is an issue, especially at the center position.

All the size in the world is no match for a team that has King James, Black Mamba, KD and CP3. I see gold in our future once again.

Tle1993
07-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Lets go knicks!!!!

Riq
07-07-2012, 02:36 PM
The Knicks have a good chance to get Camby because they have expiring contracts to offer Houston in a S&T. The Heat on the other hand don't, well they do but that includes Dexter Pittman and James Jones. Pat is pretty high on Dexter so I don't think he will deal him. James Jones would only be moved if he decideds to retire which he has not decided yet. The only advantage for Miami is that Marcus wants to start and that isn't happening in NY. We should know by Monday :)

theronin
07-07-2012, 03:50 PM
All the size in the world is no match for a team that has King James, Black Mamba, KD and CP3. I see gold in our future once again.

Pretty much this. Avg margin of victory will be in the double digits

Riq
07-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Phlip seems to be enjoying the married life too much, where the hell are you homie?

fliprayzin240sx
07-07-2012, 04:14 PM

^^^THIS...besides, size isnt what you need in international ball. We got the slashers, what team USA need are the outside shooters to kick the ball to when the middle falls in.

vqboodah
07-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Lol! Avoid espn msg boards and most importantly redsarmy.com. There are alot of angry Failtics fans blowing headgaskets over this move. Some are fine with him leaving but all of them are angry that Ray went to Miami. It's also really funny to see how Failtics fans react when they get angry, they turn into the biggest proud racists in the world, there is so much class in Boston :hyper:

As a celtics fan, yes I do feel betrayed Allen is leaving but i also dont blame him leaving. Bringing onboard Jason terry and having him as a backup for Avery Bradley definitely added more fuel to the fire.

But with Allen's injury, I feel as Doc wanted to rest him and pretty much utilize Ray allen also as the sharpshooter (which he is definitely best at) as what the Heat will plan on using him for.

Celtics fan look at this situation as how Lebron left Cleveland which is reason why many of the fans here are upset.

im probably the only celtic fan that follow these threads. lol

tricky_ab
07-07-2012, 11:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/E7SUs.png

http://i.imgur.com/xfXOi.png

…lol

Wait, Kyrie is on the US Select Team? Thought he wanted to play for Aussies?

Gnnr
07-07-2012, 11:39 PM
I don't like this Team USA at all. Its practically a B team. Its like one of the worst we've sent. LBJ is gonna have to carry this team, better hope he's still in beastmode.

FRpilot
07-07-2012, 11:46 PM
i thought ray allen would be more loyal, but i guess not. i think him being in trade rumors the last two years made him feel unwanted and was the main culprit that swayed his decision to go to miami. i don't think the terry signing matter. terry was a sixth man most of his career in dallas and old too. he would have just added good depth for boston.

what i don't know is if allen felt he was wronged by losing his starting spot and splitting minutes with bradley. what does coach do when you have bone spurs in your feet and a step slower? imo, allen sacrifice his game the most out of the big 3 to make things work, but at the same time he needs to realize that he is aging and hasn't been keeping up well defensively with some of the better offensive guards in the league. he was sucking badly in the playoffs so he should stepped aside and did what helped the team the most.

in going to miami, he's just going to just mike millers role. it's not like he's going to be starting.

revat619
07-08-2012, 01:25 AM
I don't like this Team USA at all. Its practically a B team. Its like one of the worst we've sent. LBJ is gonna have to carry this team, better hope he's still in beastmode.

It may not be the absolute best team we've sent, but calling this a "B team" is ridiculous. This team is incredibly talented/athletic. The only real downside to it is there's no Dwight Howard. LBJ having to carry this team? WTF? You can't be serious.

Seriously though, who would you take off this team and who would you replace them with?

Phlip
07-08-2012, 03:37 AM
Against this same international competition, Lamar Kardashian played center at the world Championships in 2010. I seriously REFUSE to think that Size will be an issue. At some point, LeBron will play the 4, Kobe the 3 and someone is getting run the fuck out of the gym.

Phlip seems to be enjoying the married life too much, where the hell are you homie?
Married 6/23, daughter baptized 6/24, my birthday was 7/1, then independence day and then we actually threw the party for THAT last night. We've been celebrating for two weeks solid. Things should be back to somewhat normal on Monday

Gnnr
07-08-2012, 01:19 PM
It may not be the absolute best team we've sent, but calling this a "B team" is ridiculous. This team is incredibly talented/athletic. The only real downside to it is there's no Dwight Howard. LBJ having to carry this team? WTF? You can't be serious.

Seriously though, who would you take off this team and who would you replace them with?

Its not about who I would take off, its about who we are missing due to injury. I think its a problem from a defensive standpoint, not about size. Offense is not going to be a problem for this team. Like it or not, LBJ along with Chandler and Love will have to be the defensive anchor to carry this team.

PG: Paul, Williams
SG: Kobe, Westbrook, Harden
SF: Durant, Melo, Iguodala
PF: Lebron, Griffin
C: Chandler, Love

There is a defensive hole at SG and SF to an extent depending on how much they play Iggy. I don't trust Griffin on a world stage just yet.

FRpilot
07-08-2012, 01:33 PM
kobe is a good defensively at sg and cp3 isn't bad either at pg. for sf, out of durant, melo, and iggy i would have to go with iggy too.

revat619
07-08-2012, 02:33 PM
SG weakness - i don't think so. Kobe is an excellent defender and James Harden is up there as well. At the very least, Harden is an awesome back up for when Kobe needs rest. Westbrook's problem is that he's a gambler on defense, but considering his speed and the international competition i don't think it's going to be much of a problem.

SF weakness - I see where you're coming from, but other than Melo i don't see a problem. Lets not forget the length and athleticism that Durant has and in the international game his lack of bulk wont really matter. And we all know Iggy is a fantastic defender.

As far as injuries go, like i said, the only thing we're really missing is Howard. And even then he wasn't that much of a factor in the 2008 games. Bosh isn't known for his D so that's another "whatever" there.

In my opinion, this team with its speed, will run a defense very similar to the smothering style of the Miami Heat. If they're committed to it, it'll be very hard for other teams to score regardless of who's on the floor and in what position.

Phlip
07-08-2012, 04:45 PM
I really don't exactly "hate" Mark Cuban, but I have two very good friends who are Mavericks' fans.
... and Cuban's hand in the lockout bothers me, so I find it fucking hilarious that his approach of sabotaging what would have a pretty easy repeat bid by letting the roster go to shit last year is getting uglier now.

Deron Williams to re-sign with the Nets
Dwight Howard to be sent where in the fuck ever Orlando pleases
No major free agent signings
Two major free agent losses

We go from the Cuban Whistle Crisis, to redeeming themselves in a title win, and now this. I refuse to believe they'll make the playoffs this season. Minnesota is in, and David Stern will be able to funnel another MVP to a player whose skin is not brown when Kevin Love continues to improve.

tricky_ab
07-08-2012, 05:49 PM
2012 NBA Free Agency Diary | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors (http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-nba-free-agency-diary)

07/08/2012 7:05 PM EST Eric Pincus:

Sources say both the Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets have clear paths lined up to trade for Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic. While it’s been long presumed the Magic would just naturally want a center like Andrew Bynum or Brook Lopez in return, that’s not necessarily a given.

The Magic are going through the rebuilding process and the notion of signing players to long-term maximum (or near-max) contracts isn’t especially appealing. Perhaps the model of what Orlando is looking for would be the haul the Denver Nuggets got for Carmelo Anthony – young players, picks, etc.

The Lakers and Nets both have third teams involved. They’re also not the only teams pursuing Howard. Nothing is imminent to speak of.

At some point Orlando is going to need to make a decision. Extended delay will take the Nets out of the picture as free agents Kris Humphries, Lopez and others won’t wait all summer.

Phlip
07-08-2012, 06:06 PM
^^^ I am of the opinion that the Nets are already out of the picture, given the amount of money they already have promised out. Stopping to consider the forthcoming luxury tax assrape that teams will have to answer to and Dwight Howard's being exposed as a total dick should scare ANY team off of him.
Except, of course, the Knicks, but they apparently wipe their asses with $100 bills on a roll and are totally fucking inept as an organization, so they will match Lin's offer and THEN go after him, lol

FRpilot
07-08-2012, 08:21 PM
i don't know what the hell is taking so long for orlando to trade dwight howard. they said they want to take care of this before the season starts, but then again the carmelo anthony thing last all the way up to the trade deadline.

Phlip
07-08-2012, 08:33 PM
i don't know what the hell is taking so long for orlando to trade dwight howard. they said they want to take care of this before the season starts, but then again the carmelo anthony thing last all the way up to the trade deadline.

Because he has ruined two seasons (last and next) for them, they can do what the hell they want with him now, even if that means sending him somewhere he absolutely does not want to go and waiting until January to do it.
They owe him nothing, and handling his situation expeditiously helps HIM

tricky_ab
07-08-2012, 09:18 PM
^^^ I am of the opinion that the Nets are already out of the picture, given the amount of money they already have promised out. Stopping to consider the forthcoming luxury tax assrape that teams will have to answer to and Dwight Howard's being exposed as a total dick should scare ANY team off of him.
Except, of course, the Knicks, but they apparently wipe their asses with $100 bills on a roll and are totally fucking inept as an organization, so they will match Lin's offer and THEN go after him, lol

Welp there's more...

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt
Many speculating that Cavs are team that would take Kris Humphries as part of DH12 deal 2 Nets. But told "nothing substantive" with Cavs now

Nets are reaching out to "any team with room," I'm told. But Cavs do make sense; they have 7 first rounders in next three years.

Cleveland has its own firsts from 2013-15, Miami's firsts in '13 and '15, and the Lakers' and Kings' firsts next year (all w/protections).

enkei2k
07-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Camby back to the Knicks for 3 years/13 mil...he wasn't good during his first stint (he was way better after he left), now even older. At least this means Stat doesn't have to play C as much anymore and can stay at PF.

Kinda glad Novak is back though. Hopefully he can keep up his crazy shooting.

Anybody care to venture if the BK Nets tickets will be more expensive (once they get Dwight), or NY Knicks?

tricky_ab
07-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Camby back to the Knicks for 3 years/13 mil...he wasn't good during his first stint (he was way better after he left), now even older. At least this means Stat doesn't have to play C as much anymore and can stay at PF.

Anybody care to venture if the BK Nets tickets will be more expensive (once they get Dwight), or NY Knicks?

I'd say more. That's why they're willing to roll the dice with trades and first round picks. They would have their own "big three" but no real other parts.

BOROSUN
07-09-2012, 07:38 PM

he was mostly injured during his tenure with the knicks. plus he was off the bench for pat... until pat got injured and traded, then he started 1 full season he played his peak numbers similar to his denver days.

last season he avg 24min/ 9.2rpg / 2bpg off the bench gives tyson to rest and still keep defense up. a good match with stat cause he can spread the floor and hit the j's.
i just dont like the s&t deal. we lost 2 picks and jorts.

jr resign 2 years for 2.8mil. 2nd year player option. giving us more flexibilty when we get bird rights next season. thank you JR!

Phlip
07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/406219_479909435370919_734888966_n.jpg

lulz

Riq
07-10-2012, 05:31 PM
^^ lol! That is going to be a very interesting second unit. There is sure to be a shower of 3's everynight :)

FRpilot
07-10-2012, 05:51 PM
rashard lewis signing for way little money. 1.35M vet minimum. i guess it doesn't matter since he IS getting an additional $10M from his buyout.

i see him using this as an opportunity to try to prove himself and get another multi-year contract in the future, but no way he'll return to the form that made him a 2nd/3rd round pick in fantasy basketball.

in other news, warriors trade dorell wright to 76ers for rights to a European player to save money which might as well not be news at all.

tricky_ab
07-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Eric Pincus
The Rockets want Howard but they also NEED a positive end to their asset collection. If they can get Bynum, given Dwight saying long-term he won't say in Houston - then maybe that's a compromise everyone willing to accept. With the Brooklyn non-deal as a model, clearly these things don't come easy, at all Read more › - Houston would love to just deal straight up with Orlando. The Magic like the idea of less $ locked in and a ton of prospects. We shall see.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
In short: Lakes need 3rd team to do Dwight deal. Nets do NOT but direct ORL deal TRICKY. Rockets can do it direct or facilitate & get Bynum

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...es-source-says (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8147719/orlando-magic-exploring-other-dwight-howard-trades-source-says)

The Houston Rockets have joined the Los Angeles Lakers and the Brooklyn Nets as the most serious potential trade partners with the Orlando Magic on a Dwight Howard deal, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Rockets are discussing a multitude of trade scenarios with the Magic, offering to serve both as the team that would acquire Howard in a direct trade between the clubs and also as a third team that would participate in a trade that lands Howard with the Lakers and brings All-Star center Andrew Bynum to Houston.

The Rockets, in the latter scenario, would push to acquire Bynum from the Lakers while furnishing the Magic with a package of future draft picks and cap-friendly contracts to set Orlando up for a full-fledged roster reload. Sources confirmed a HoopsWorld.com report that the three-team trade construction that sends Bynum to the Rockets instead of the Magic -- with Orlando said to be concerned about its ability to re-sign Bynum for the long term -- gained traction Tuesday

FRpilot
07-10-2012, 06:50 PM
looks like a race... whichever team can get a deal done first gets howard. houston seems to be indifferent in getting howard or bynum.

Gnnr
07-10-2012, 09:21 PM
rashard lewis signing for way little money. 1.35M vet minimum. i guess it doesn't matter since he IS getting an additional $10M from his buyout.

I read somewhere its closer to $16M that he's making next year on top of the Vet min.

FRpilot
07-10-2012, 09:57 PM
I read somewhere its closer to $16M that he's making next year on top of the Vet min.

i wouldn't be surprised. Yahoo stated he got a buyout of $10M on the $18M left on his $118M contract, which i thought was a bit small. (i thought he could have easily asked for a $15M buyout or threaten to feign injury, sit on the bench all year, and still get paid the $18M like when marbury held the knicks hostage)

Phlip
07-11-2012, 07:32 AM
i wouldn't be surprised. Yahoo stated he got a buyout of $10M on the $18M left on his $118M contract, which i thought was a bit small. (i thought he could have easily asked for a $15M buyout or threaten to feign injury, sit on the bench all year, and still get paid the $18M like when marbury held the knicks hostage)

The difference is that the Knicks DESERVED that shit as an organization, especially at the time. Sure, Starbury is batchit insane and was probably pretty much stealing money at the time, but that place was a cesspool at the time.
Rahsard Lewis, on the other hand, HAS to know that he was never worth the money he was getting and was fine with taking that buyout for as much as he did.

BOROSUN
07-11-2012, 11:57 AM
one of the greatest pg starbury still wanted to play as a knicks. worked his ass off during summer even though he's never out of shape and then sat the whole season... dumbtoni era started.

dethroned china's most dominant team with bunch of scrubs.
most popular basketball star/hero and more popular than jlin in china.
most all of caliber nba players that goes to cba score big but DONT win championships.
they dont last either. but, marbury made it work.

http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/645cf8d4jw1dnugnkbsfnj.jpg
http://img1.gtimg.com/3/316/31674/3167474_550x550_0.jpg

FRpilot
07-11-2012, 01:34 PM
The difference is that the Knicks DESERVED that shit as an organization, especially at the time. Sure, Starbury is batchit insane and was probably pretty much stealing money at the time, but that place was a cesspool at the time.
Rahsard Lewis, on the other hand, HAS to know that he was never worth the money he was getting and was fine with taking that buyout for as much as he did.

it's not stealing if the knicks gave him that contract in the first place. LOL. he wanted to play, but coach still sat him and he wouldn't take a penny less than $1 or $2M than what the final year of his contract was due to pay him. he knew he wasn't going to get much from another team anyways. celtics sign him, he did nothing, and out of the league after that.

you are right that guys like rashard lewis and joe johnson aren't worth the $118M and $119M contract extensions they were given. Lewis knows it. During the lockout, he said something to the tune of "I know i am not worth that much but it was offered to me. what do you say in my situation? "no, I want less?" well, at least lewis admitted that.

I don't know about Joe Johnson. He's pretty smart in turning down a $60M contract extension offer from atlanta and they ended up giving nearly double that a few months later.

Gnnr
07-11-2012, 02:23 PM
2012 NBA free agency -- Brooklyn Nets end pursuit of Dwight Howard, source says - ESPN New York (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8156575/2012-nba-free-agency-brooklyn-nets-end-pursuit-dwight-howard-source-says)

Most annoying player movement news story in the history of the NBA.

When will it fucking end!? :picardfp:

FRpilot
07-11-2012, 02:51 PM
i would love to see d12 and deron williams team up, but that team is crazy strapped with max contracts. i know the owner of the nets also owns russia and any luxury tax is chump change to him, but dam Deron Williams $100M, Joe Johnson $119M, and they intend to have Brook Lopez resigned for $78M max if they can't get d12. I heard they were also trying to get Gerald Wallace back.

That would be a heck of a team even if joe johnson, gerald wallace, and d12 are 2nd/3rd option type guys on any other team.

tricky_ab
07-11-2012, 04:08 PM
2012 NBA free agency -- Brooklyn Nets end pursuit of Dwight Howard, source says - ESPN New York (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8156575/2012-nba-free-agency-brooklyn-nets-end-pursuit-dwight-howard-source-says)

Most annoying player movement news story in the history of the NBA.

When will it fucking end!? :picardfp:

It's never over. And I'll give you more to think about...Chris Paul is a UFA next summer.

Then in summer of 2014, Lebron, Bosh, and Carmelo all have player options.

fliprayzin240sx
07-11-2012, 08:46 PM
one of the greatest pg starbury still wanted to play as a knicks. worked his ass off during summer even though he's never out of shape and then sat the whole season... dumbtoni era started.

You make it sound like he's a freaking hall of famer...:cj:

Anyways, I say Howard goes to LA and Bynum goes to Magic or if Rockets get into the mix, Bynum goes there and Magic ends up with draft picks galore.

FRpilot
07-11-2012, 09:25 PM
You make it sound like he's a freaking hall of famer...:cj:

lol i didn't even catch that. obviously pure trolling

fliprayzin240sx
07-11-2012, 09:34 PM
lol i didn't even catch that. obviously pure trolling

Then again, its the same guy who thinks BD was Gods gift to the Knicks.

Phlip
07-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Anyways, I say Howard goes to LA and Bynum goes to Magic or if Rockets get into the mix, Bynum goes there and Magic ends up with draft picks galore.
Yeah, except the fact that Bynum saying he wouldn't sign long term in Orlando might be a problem for one of these scenarios

FRpilot
07-12-2012, 08:25 PM
luis scola amnestied as rockets gamble on getting dwight howard. who will get him?

houston is trying to lure dwight howard and cp3 together in 2013.

BOROSUN
07-13-2012, 01:52 AM
Blake injured again?

Phlip
07-13-2012, 01:56 PM
The Mavericks amnesty Brendan Haywood…
I don’ exactly like to see people from my city go out like that, but I can’t say as I blame them. Perhaps he could latch on with a legitimate contender in need of a warm body at the Center position. For the veteran’s minimum, naturally.
You know you’ve fallen mightily when your team brings in Chris Kaman and amnesties you.

FRpilot
07-13-2012, 02:12 PM
chris kaman kind of reminds me of andrew bogut in that they are both talented and capable centers, but both are injured enough that their presence in the team hardly makes a difference. either way, kaman is a way better center if he's playing and brandon haywood is a fill-in center at best so he didn't really fall that much.

fliprayzin240sx
07-13-2012, 04:47 PM
The problem with Kaman is that he's a finese center and not much of a banger. Figured the Mavs need somebody physical to clog up the middle.

FRpilot
07-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Kaman can hit the mid-range jumpshot with consistency, but i never heard anyone call caveman a finesse center. He’s a legit 7ft center with size who has a good low post game and is pretty good defensively down low too. I think he will compliment dirk nicely and help establish an inside/outside game with him because mavs never had a center who could really score. (diop, dampier, chandler, etc.)

If he can stay healthy, which I doubt (I only see him playing his usual 30-40 games a season), I think the mavs have a pretty good signing.

Gnnr
07-13-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say the Mavs wont even make the playoffs.

FRpilot
07-13-2012, 09:15 PM
now the mavs got elton brand too. 2005 clippers front court reunion.

fliprayzin240sx
07-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Kaman can hit the mid-range jumpshot with consistency, but i never heard anyone call caveman a finesse center. He’s a legit 7ft center with size who has a good low post game and is pretty good defensively down low too. I think he will compliment dirk nicely and help establish an inside/outside game with him because mavs never had a center who could really score. (diop, dampier, chandler, etc.)

If he can stay healthy, which I doubt (I only see him playing his usual 30-40 games a season), I think the mavs have a pretty good signing.

For me, I've seen him mostly shoot that mid range than anything else. Most of the time he'd be at the high block or top of the key and take a jump shot. Maybe I just havent watched him enough, but I almost never saw him post up down low. As far as defense, his length gives him an advantage but he seemed to get man handled by heavier centers.

1993fdrx7
07-14-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm excited to see what Terry does for Boston. So sick of the Howard stuff.

07-14-2012, 11:33 PM
slam (http://www.discountmags.com/product/8268/slam?a=slickdeals&xTerm=3) 3 years for $5.99
◦use code SLICKDEALS

enkei2k
07-15-2012, 12:23 AM
Looks like the Knicks got Felton AND Kurt Thomas back. This is Thomas' 2nd stint with NYK? WTF. We looking more and more like a retirement home now.

Not sure how this bodes for the Lin saga. Will they sign the offer sheet and have Kidd/Felton/Lin there. Maybe move Felton to start at SG since Fields is now a Raptor? LOL

Gnnr
07-15-2012, 11:42 AM
Upon hearing the news of Lin not coming, Kidd went and got hammered.

Jason Kidd of New York Knicks arrested, charged with DWI - ESPN New York (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8168193/jason-kidd-new-york-knicks-arrested-charged-dwi)

Phlip
07-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Upon hearing the news of Lin not coming, Kidd went and got hammered.

Jason Kidd of New York Knicks arrested, charged with DWI - ESPN New York (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8168193/jason-kidd-new-york-knicks-arrested-charged-dwi)

The prospect of playing alongside (or perhaps behind) Felton and Baron Davis was too much for him to take, apparently.

Gnnr
07-15-2012, 12:10 PM
I think the Knicks may have the fattest depth chart at the 1 position in the league. :keke:

Phlip
07-15-2012, 12:18 PM
I think the Knicks may have the fattest depth chart at the 1 position in the league. :keke:

Hell, that is just in Felton and Davis

FRpilot
07-15-2012, 02:48 PM
aybe move Felton to start at SG since Fields is now a Raptor? LOL

but felton is a midget. he'll get destroyed by the big 2's in the league.

http://captionsearch.com/pix/thumb/2rub7eoeem-t.jpg

Phlip
07-15-2012, 06:14 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/320403_450343771664921_3039015_n.jpg

Riq
07-15-2012, 06:22 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/320403_450343771664921_3039015_n.jpg

Bwahahahhahhahahahhahahaha and both teams are jokes in their respective leagues. Panthers=Fail

Wtf is up with the Knicks? Kidd gets hammered and wrecks his ride and Melo talking smack about the better team in NY and bad mouthing J Lin's deal from the Rockets. Maybe someone should let Melo know that he's not worth Max player money either...

Phlip
07-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Linsanity! Carmelo calls offer sheet to Jeremy Lin 'ridiculous' - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/carmelo-anthony-calls-offer-sheet-to-jeremy-lin-ridiculous-new-york-knicks-houston-rockets-071512)

Carmelo Anthony is a jackass who should probably just shut the hell up. Of all people, he should know it is a business and that teams, Houston in this case, wanted to cash in on another case of sports' perverse obsession with Asian players.

word sux
07-15-2012, 08:41 PM
Linsanity! Carmelo calls offer sheet to Jeremy Lin 'ridiculous' - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/carmelo-anthony-calls-offer-sheet-to-jeremy-lin-ridiculous-new-york-knicks-houston-rockets-071512)

Carmelo Anthony is a jackass who should probably just shut the hell up. Of all people, he should know it is a business and that teams, Houston in this case, wanted to cash in on another case of sports' perverse obsession with Asian players.

exactly, lin is worth what they are paying him because whoever he plays for gets the asain market.

The knicks will be stupid to not resign him... based on his play alone, is he worth what houston is offering him? No, but he was able to energize the knick and the whole city of NY and you can't put a price tag on that. He has by far been the most exciting thing to happen to the knicks in a long time. He was a true cinderella story and if their is one thing people of ny and the world love is an underdog story.

FRpilot
07-15-2012, 11:14 PM
i'm kind of in different about the situation.

lin got offered 25M over 3 years. even though it's structured to pay him $5M, $5M, and $15M over the three years, if i did my math correctly it averages out to about 8.3M per year. imo, i think that's kind of a lot for a player who had 3 good weeks. however, teams gamble and pay players based on potential all the time. boston just paid jeff green big money after coming off heart surgery based on his potential. i'm happy for lin since he worked his ass off and got rewarded with a large contract offer, but i don't feel he deserved it after 3 weeks. i hope he can get better and feel he has to earn his paycheck by working on his game and improving. he could also just mail it in and be like baron davis after he gets his fat paychecks, but either way houston still makes a lot of money off his marketing potential. i think they can recoup that $25M contract back easily.

at the same time, what carmelo said does make him an ass. i think he's jealous of the attention lin got in new york and the threat that lin could potentially steal his spotlight and be the hero in new york. he doesn't say that because no one likes to admit that they are jealous, but we all know melo is not the humble guy he makes himself seem. why say something negative about your teammate? if he was a good teammate he should be happy for lin and encourage him, which he did but he also added that "ridiculous contract" part when he could have omitted it. it's even more ironic that he said that when many people feel that he doesn't deserve his "ridiculous" max contract, but i'm sure in his mind he feels deserves it because he averages 28ppg while everyone around him sucks (as if that's their fault).

the difference is that lin still has time and the potential to get better. carmelo can still become a better player if he wants to, but his window is quickly closing.

Gnnr
07-16-2012, 06:09 AM
Cavs' Irving breaks hand slapping wall padding - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8167467/cleveland-cavaliers-guard-kyrie-irving-breaks-right-hand-las-vegas-practice)

Well, atleast it wasn't a fire extinguisher. :facepalm:

tricky_ab
07-16-2012, 08:22 AM
i'm kind of in different about the situation.

lin got offered 25M over 3 years. even though it's structured to pay him $5M, $5M, and $15M over the three years, if i did my math correctly it averages out to about 8.3M per year. imo, i think that's kind of a lot for a player who had 3 good weeks. however, teams gamble and pay players based on potential all the time. boston just paid jeff green big money after coming off heart surgery based on his potential. i'm happy for lin since he worked his ass off and got rewarded with a large contract offer, but i don't feel he deserved it after 3 weeks. i hope he can get better and feel he has to earn his paycheck by working on his game and improving. he could also just mail it in and be like baron davis after he gets his fat paychecks, but either way houston still makes a lot of money off his marketing potential. i think they can recoup that $25M contract back easily.

at the same time, what carmelo said does make him an ass. i think he's jealous of the attention lin got in new york and the threat that lin could potentially steal his spotlight and be the hero in new york. he doesn't say that because no one likes to admit that they are jealous, but we all know melo is not the humble guy he makes himself seem. why say something negative about your teammate? if he was a good teammate he should be happy for lin and encourage him, which he did but he also added that "ridiculous contract" part when he could have omitted it. it's even more ironic that he said that when many people feel that he doesn't deserve his "ridiculous" max contract, but i'm sure in his mind he feels deserves it because he averages 28ppg while everyone around him sucks (as if that's their fault).

the difference is that lin still has time and the potential to get better. carmelo can still become a better player if he wants to, but his window is quickly closing.

If it's a decision based on basketball alone, no way Knicks should match. Felton is a better player than Lin and he's proven to be successful playing with Amare. Also, I'm not sure you want a role player being the face of your franchise and possibly splitting the fanbase between himself and Melo/Amare. It was really disgusting last year when Melo had to walk on eggshells coming back from injury because it was somehow now "Lin's team" lol

Lin will regret chasing the money when he becomes a forgotten player on a bad team.

Phlip
07-16-2012, 08:39 AM
If it's a decision based on basketball alone, no way Knicks should match. Felton is a better player than Lin and he's proven to be successful playing with Amare. Also, I'm not sure you want a role player being the face of your franchise and possibly splitting the fanbase between himself and Melo/Amare. It was really disgusting last year when Melo had to walk on eggshells coming back from injury because it was somehow now "Lin's team" lol

Lin will regret chasing the money when he becomes a forgotten player on a bad team.

And that is where we differ on this. Melo had to walk on eggshells coming back from injury because it had been made apparent how much better the team was when committed to a pick-and-roll and/or moving the ball around – neither of which are a style of basketball that suits his desired usage rates.

Lin was SUPPOSED to go get his money, and like I said before Houston knows full well how to sell this particular situation, as they did it before with Yao. They will make their money back on their investment, win or lose, but do not neglect to notice that Houston is making the moves to try to get better for the coming season.
I would not be surprised to see them finish in a better position than the Knickerbockers do.

FRpilot
07-16-2012, 10:14 AM
true on that. carmelo comes back and the knicks sucked again. if it weren't for linsanity and that 8 game winning streak bringing the team back to .500, the knicks probably wouldn't have made the playoffs last year.

houston is pretty much blowing up their team all for just a SHOT at getting dwight howard and even if they trade for him it's not guaranteed he will sign the extension. luis scola would have worked well with d12 and they got rid of lowry who was untouchable last year when the lakers try to pry him from houston. if houston walks away without dwight, it will be all for nothing like the mavericks fail this offseason.

Phlip
07-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Knicks literally avoiding being served Rockets? Jeremy Lin offer sheet (http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/knicks_literally_avoiding_being_served_rockets_jer emy_lin_offer_sheet/11220931?linksrc=foxrg_nba)

That isn't smart business, it is a bitch move.

I am of the opinion that there are two sides of this story…
The Knicks – as emoted by Carmelo Anthony – feel as if Houston and Lin have done them a disservice with that contract and that he should have been jumping at the chance to return to New York without even having entertained other teams.
Then there is Jeremy Lin – as emoted by his silence – an undrafted free agent player waived twice finds himself newly valuable in the free agency market, even if it is just as much for his nationality as it is his ability. He is SUPPOSED to be operating with an “I ain’t going back to jail” mentality and milk that cow for every little bit he can right now.

tricky_ab
07-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Winderman: Lin’s offer sheet not problem, Knicks entire payroll is

This is where many get the NBA luxury tax wrong: The third year on the offer sheet extended by the Rockets to Jeremy Lin will not cost the Knicks $43 million when factoring in the luxury tax, as some have extrapolated.

It will cost the Knicks the $15 million on the third year of that contract.

The excess payroll will cost the Knicks $43 million.

And that is a point executives familiar with such situations are quick to point out: Just because a player is the last, or latest, contract added to a team’s salary pool, it doesn’t make it the one that puts the team into — in this case, excessively into — the luxury tax.

It is the sum of the entire payroll.In 2014-15, the season of excess in the Rockets’ offer sheet to Lin, Anthony and Stoudemire each will be earning $23 million, with Chandler earning $15 million.

That is why the tax is an issue.http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...re-payroll-is/ (http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/16/winderman-lins-offer-sheet-not-problem-knicks-entire-payroll-is/)

Gnnr
07-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Bullshit.

Here's the problem.

The Knicks TOLD Lin to go out and test the market instad of just outright making him a fair offer. What did they expect to happen after the NY media hyped him up? To come back with an offer sheet worth peanuts? FOH with that thinking.

Funny now Carmelo, the hypocrite he is, couldn't wait to throw Lin under the bus. He's obviously been waiting for the chance ever since he stole the spotlight. Not surprised. Whats "ridiculous" is paying Carmelo a max deal and him holding a team hostage to get his way.

Teddy Bruckshot
07-16-2012, 02:20 PM
I don't think Lin is talented enough to deserve that contract, but he is marketable and that is what Houston is going for. When Yao Ming left so did all of their tv ratings in the US & and internationally! They want those ratings and that money back. In my opinion they don't care about building a good team right now. They just need a few players to fill the seats and they will be content with a shitty season as long as they get draft picks. I hope they don't get D12! I think Lin was smart to go with Houston. After being cut twice I would do the same thing.

FRpilot
07-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Funny now Carmelo, the hypocrite he is, couldn't wait to throw Lin under the bus. He's obviously been waiting for the chance ever since he stole the spotlight. Not surprised. Whats "ridiculous" is paying Carmelo a max deal and him holding a team hostage to get his way.

my thoughts exactly. melo jelly

I don't think Lin is talented enough to deserve that contract, but he is marketable and that is what Houston is going for. When Yao Ming left so did all of their tv ratings in the US & and internationally! They want those ratings and that money back.

i feel the same way.

rockets will make their money back and more whether lin does well or not. if lin improves or becomes great then that is just a bonus, but i don't think Lin is a slouch. I consider him a solid above average point guard maybe on jose calderon's level, but better than average guys like beno udrih, luke ridnour, or cj watson who are backup/pencil in at starter when your team has no other option at PG types.

i don't think the rockets organization are just content with filling seats with fans. they've been trying to acquire a good center for a while now, pau gasol and even mortgaging the farm for a chance at dwight.

enkei2k
07-17-2012, 02:17 PM
https://twitter.com/HowardBeckNYT/status/225320171240308736

Good bye NY Linsanity.

It's OK to over pay for Starbury, or Stevie Franchise for their mediocre play, but when a player comes along and actually does well for the team/market, we let him go FOR NOTHING in return. No draft picks/expiring contracts. At least David Lee, we got a S/T so that kinda worked out.

GG Knicks. You're as stupid as they come. Why were so worried about the tax and crap? It's not like it's the first time they were over the cap. Yes, stiffer penalties and such, but it's not something they can't afford.

Maybe I should become a BK Nets fan after all.

Teddy Bruckshot
07-17-2012, 02:29 PM
I agree with you on a whole! The Knicks wasted so much money on starbury, Steve Francis , and Eddie curry.I absolutely loved the team NY had before carmello started crying and demanded to be traded to New York. When you have players that actually work hard and give everything they let them go (David Lee). I would actually trade carmello and get rid of his ridiculous contract that he doesn't deserve. I want to see what the Mavericks are going to do next year with this new squad. OJ mayo should make a nice edition to the roster they have.

enkei2k
07-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Don't even get me started on Eddy Curry and Jerome James...

Riq
07-17-2012, 03:58 PM
I want to know what hppened to the Knicks matching any deal up to a Billion bucks. Leave it to the Knicks to make the wrong move even when it is the right one. It was a backloaded contract that would have cost alot but lets say Lin wins, now the contract is worth it. Also consider the Knicks make over $120M per year in TV deals and add the Chinese market to this, they would more than enough to cover his contract. NY should have matched it. At the very least they would have avoided Jason Kidd getting drunk and trying suicide after getting the bad news.

The NY Knicks are the Miami Dolphins of basketball...

atom
07-17-2012, 04:30 PM
LOL so Lin is where the Knicks draw the line? GG.

Now I'm wondering if that "we'll match anything" was just a bluff all along or what changed along the way.

word sux
07-17-2012, 05:34 PM
why must I be a fan of the dumbest team in basketball

there is going to be sooo much hate raining down on the knicks from the ny area

Phlip
07-17-2012, 07:42 PM
The funny thing is that they were apparently planning all weekend to not match the deal, in spite of the bitch move in not being served the papers...
I say that to say they had already pulled all Lin merch from the website on Saturday.

tricky_ab
07-17-2012, 08:38 PM
The funny thing is that they were apparently planning all weekend to not match the deal, in spite of the bitch move in not being served the papers...
I say that to say they had already pulled all Lin merch from the website on Saturday.

The fact that the Knicks could have just avoided this whole dumb situation by making him a solid offer in the first place, instead of sending him out to fish for offers from other teams?

And then chasing after Steve Nash and Jason Kidd while he was doing so, and having the Felton trade lined up the minute that offer sheet was signed?

The meltdowns in the New York area must be epic right now...

BarrigaS14
07-17-2012, 09:00 PM
I am waiting for melo to hate amare and then watch the team melt into a big pile of goo.

Gnnr
07-17-2012, 09:23 PM
I am waiting for melo to hate amare and then watch the team melt into a big pile of goo.

Didn't that already sort of happen? I expect for the next big fall out between those two to end in one of the asking out of the team. I don't believe their relationship is as close as some paint it.

FRpilot
07-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Maybe I should become a BK Nets fan after all.

nice moves they made, but i'm not convinced deron can win it with that squad.

I want to see what the Mavericks are going to do next year with this new squad. OJ mayo should make a nice edition to the roster they have.

i like oj mayo. i hope he can improve on his rookie season and has good size for his position, athleticism, and quickness. he needed to get out of memphis since they wanted to train him to come off the bench.

i think mavs will do decent with oj mayo, dirk, and caveman. probably make the playoffs.

I want to know what hppened to the Knicks matching any deal up to a Billion bucks.

oh well. whoever said that was wrong.

Didn't that already sort of happen?

it did happen during the playoffs, but amare showed restraint and punched the fire extinguisher instead of who he really wanted to punch.

word sux
07-17-2012, 11:25 PM
yup, seems like everyone is up in arms over this one

I wonder how big of a hit the MSG stocks will take tomorrow as a result of this

and how is it that msg owns both the knicks and the rangers and still have the knicks management blow so hard. the rangers are a very well managed and put together team from the ground up and the knicks management seems to enjoy nothing more then pissing off their entire fan base as much and as often as possible.

BOROSUN
07-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Lol
http://i.imgur.com/OBSyL.jpg

Too busy to reply to the dumb comments on here.

Phlip
07-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Ahh, the beauty of spurned Knicks fans…
Not one stopping to entertain the culpability of the organization in this. The assumption that he would just take whatever they offered him was foolhardy to say the least. Inviting him to test the market as if no one else would take him was arrogant. And now, after bringing in TWO Point Guards and then acting as if HE was in the wrong is plain stupid. Again, the Knickerbockers organization and a representative most of their fans (save for the few willing to be critical of this idiocy) has proven Zilvia’s opinion of the team on the whole dead right as usual.

ravinaziankid
07-18-2012, 12:11 PM
It's funny how they think it was lin's fault when the knicks organization told him to go out there and look for a contract so they can match it instead of just giving him an offer straight up.

Also, I think it's for the best, especially since there is probably jealousy/tension between lin and melo/jr that would affect lin's ability to play like he did during linsanity.

The only thing that sucks is that I won't be able to watch him play during the regular season and not sure if houston will make it to the playoffs either.

Phlip
07-18-2012, 12:31 PM
I was looking at the moves Houston has made… It appears they were trying to position themselves favorably in the Dwight Howard sweeps (and they did), but he does not intend to stay there if he lands there, so it was for naught.
As it were, now they are a team of “okay” pieces with no All-Star talent. Where with teams like Denver, who I have seen described as “too deep,” Houston’s problem is that they are composed of pieces that were made to be moved in favor of actual “good” players. It is for that reason that I will walk back my prior statement that they have a sporting chance at the playoffs, unless they score one All-Star caliber player before season’s start.

Gnnr
07-18-2012, 01:11 PM
I was looking at the moves Houston has made… It appears they were trying to position themselves favorably in the Dwight Howard sweeps (and they did), but he does not intend to stay there if he lands there, so it was for naught.
As it were, now they are a team of “okay” pieces with no All-Star talent. Where with teams like Denver, who I have seen described as “too deep,” Houston’s problem is that they are composed of pieces that were made to be moved in favor of actual “good” players. It is for that reason that I will walk back my prior statement that they have a sporting chance at the playoffs, unless they score one All-Star caliber player before season’s start.

From what I understand they did not care if they had Dwight for just 1 year (so they claimed). Also, they have positioned themselves with cap room and picks and such to be able to rebuild comfortably.

BOROSUN
07-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Lol you're the the worst, bro. reading your comment/insight is like readIng bleachers report. Garbage.

Phlip
07-18-2012, 01:27 PM
From what I understand they did not care if they had Dwight for just 1 year (so they claimed). Also, they have positioned themselves with cap room and picks and such to be able to rebuild comfortably.

Yeah, Houston will be okay eventually, with or without Howard.
I seriously don’t think McHale will last long in charge there though.

theronin
07-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Gg ignorant racist Knicks fans.

FRpilot
07-18-2012, 03:20 PM
why are knicks fans mad that lin signed with houston? they should be mad at ownership/management for not matching or not being more aggressive in pursuing lin in the first place. knicks could have just matched, but i guess this guy named James Dolan wouldn't pay out the pocket for lin. did they really think that lin would come back and play for peanuts?

I seriously don’t think McHale will last long in charge there though.

McHale has shown that he's been a shitty GM all those years in Minnesota. Just ask Kevin Garnett.

BarrigaS14
07-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Johnette Howard -- Minus Jeremy Lin, Carmelo Anthony and the New York Knicks better win - ESPN New York (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8177054/johnette-howard-minus-jeremy-lin-carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-better-win)

Good article. I have never liked the black-hole called melo. I guess they will barely make the playoffs.

Phlip
07-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Jeremy Lin confronts critics - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/48018/jeremy-lin-confronts-critics)

Looks like our resident Knicks know-all is actually just as stupid as he presented himself to be last season.

Right now, the Knicks would be starting Felton (probably), Gucci Mane, Melodrama, Amar’e and Tyson Chandler…
They'd so best to let Baron Davis either retire or go elsewhere, but with their history of paying the wrong person, they will retina him, lol

tricky_ab
07-19-2012, 12:07 PM
http://lakernation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/dwight-laker-hat.jpg

My friend had sent this to me earlier...I swear, The Cavs and Lakers are ready to make this happen (from all of the reports that I've read/hear on talk radio) but it looks like Magic are dragging their feet?!

I want this to either happen NOW or just come out and say that it's not going down so that we can all move on...

Gnnr
07-20-2012, 12:41 AM
Thats a really old picture, from like 3 years ago. Dwight and his agent are the ones holding things up really.

revat619
07-20-2012, 10:23 AM
OMG, will this dude just sign somewhere and shut the fuck up?! Enough already. :rolleyes:

Phlip
07-20-2012, 10:36 AM
NBA Board approves small changes - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/nba-board-approves-small-changes-071912)

tricky_ab
07-20-2012, 11:00 AM
LAS VEGAS – The Board of Governors on Thursday voted to expand the use of instant replay beginning this season and indicated that advertisements on jerseys, a revolutionary idea for the league, will be coming as soon as 2013-14.

The board – an owner from all 30 teams or someone on their behalf – approved replays on three fronts, without vote totals being released:

Referees will call “Flagrant” on the court and immediately use the courtside television screen to determine whether the foul was Flagrant 1, Flagrant 2 or actually a common foul. Previously, any changes were made following a review by the league office at least a day later.

Referees will use replays in the final two minutes of regulation and all overtime to verify block/charge fouls that involve whether a player is in the restricted area.

Referees will use replays in the final two minutes of regulation and all overtime to review goaltending calls. Non-calls will not be reviewed because that would require stopping play.

While no vote was taken on putting advertisements on jerseys for the first time, the discussion in the ballroom inside the Encore hotel on the Strip showed a strong preference to move forward, deputy commissioner Adam Silver said. The final decision will likely come in an e-mail vote in September and be implemented for 2013-14, giving teams the chance to line up sponsors and uniform makers the time to add the patch of 2 ½ inches-by-2 ½ inches just above the heart.

“My sense is that every team would do this in some form,” Silver said, indicating the mass support for the idea that has been years in coming, not to mention the mass support for the $100 million annually he estimates would be generated with the new revenue stream.
Also Thursday, commissioner David Stern said the sale of the Grizzlies from Michael Heisley to Robert Pera is proceeding and should be finalized in “the next couple months.”

Also Thursday, commissioner David Stern said the sale of the Grizzlies from Michael Heisley to Robert Pera is proceeding and should be finalized in “the next couple months.” Governors Expand Instant Replay, Approve Jersey Advertisements « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog (http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/19/33799/)

I don't mind the change, (The flagrant change seems amazing) I just hope it doesn't make the games tedious. I kinda wish there was a time limit on the review, but whatever. Refs need either a larger screen courtside, or they need better tools to zoom in and out. Some plays are just way too close to be viewed adequately on a 20" monitor, or whatever smallish screen they keep courtside.

Phlip
07-20-2012, 12:01 PM
Let's keep kicking the Knicks while they're down:

MSG stock has dropped $93 million since Jeremy Lin signed with the Rockets - CBSSports.com (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19620823/msg-stock-has-dropped-93-million-since-jeremy-lin-signed-with-the-rockets)

enkei2k
07-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Let's keep kicking the Knicks while they're down:

MSG stock has dropped $93 million since Jeremy Lin signed with the Rockets - CBSSports.com (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19620823/msg-stock-has-dropped-93-million-since-jeremy-lin-signed-with-the-rockets)

With that final year in Lin's contract to put a major hit on New York's cap in 2015, the estimates were the Knicks would've had to pay a total of $50 million to retain Lin. Already in just a few days, in a roundabout way they've lost almost double that because he's gone.

hahahahahahaahaha. This is perfect. No sarcasm, but I love it when things like this bite them back in the ass.

:picardfp: