PDA

View Full Version : S13 swap to Cosworth benz

smoked~black16v
06-15-2012, 04:51 PM
I have an 85' cossi benz that I would like to put an S13 (trans and all). My engine bay is front to back is 30" subframe to subframe is 28.5" wat is the width of an S13. intake turbo and fan to bell housing.

Thanks for the help,

Jake

P.S I have a flex disc style drive shaft no u-joints. Is the s13 trans the same style??

coreyh
06-15-2012, 05:26 PM
s13 what? ca18?, ka24? sr20? which tranny? are you gonna go with a stick or auto? stock turbo or upgraded?fmic or hmic?

youve posted up a very vague question

silviaks2nr
06-15-2012, 05:42 PM
your thread sucks and is in the wrong forum. I still can't tell which motor you're trying to put in which car. >>>

coreyh
06-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Wheelbase

2,474 mm (97.4 in)

Length

4,521 mm (178.0 in)

Width

1,689 mm (66.5 in)

Height

1,290 mm (50.8 in)

these are the dimensions of an s13. how thatll help you idk but you asked for them

smoked~black16v
06-15-2012, 10:30 PM
WOW! well i have to say this forum has a bunch of pricks. My bad if you didnt notice i have a MERCEDES not an asian car. I don't know your cars all I heard from a friend was and S13 engine would be cool in my car and when i asked more about what it can put out and handle i thought id look into it. Sorry from having a forum that sucks "bro". I'll find a different site ............. a$$holes

ZAKU
06-15-2012, 10:59 PM
S13 is a chassis code, find out exactly what motor your friend is suggesting and come back. Just try to post it in the proper section next time.

Tampwns
06-15-2012, 11:04 PM
...retard -_-

shiftdrift
06-15-2012, 11:06 PM
oh shit man, i didn't see you had a mercedes, that totally makes you looking like a dumb fuck completely okay. i remember when i went on the mercedes forums and said i was doing a amg swap. they took me the same way, so i know how you feel bro. the s13 is a great engine, you should totally do it, their power level is well over 9000.

Nicelyphe
06-15-2012, 11:11 PM
OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!remix -made by: Sh0T-D0wN - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoRakNjinis)

Sileighty_85
06-15-2012, 11:16 PM
WOW! well i have to say this forum has a bunch of pricks. My bad if you didnt notice i have a MERCEDES not an asian car. I don't know your cars all I heard from a friend was and S13 engine would be cool in my car and when i asked more about what it can put out and handle i thought id look into it. Sorry from having a forum that sucks "bro". I'll find a different site ............. a$$holes

Dude..... Like said before S13 is the chassis code.

The S13 came with multiple engines, KA24E, KA24DE, SR20DE, SR20DET, and CA18DE, CA18DET.

So you need to start reading and learn what the fuck your doing before you post.

I hope your not gonna put a KA24 in ur Benz, cuz that would be retarded

Chances are we aren't gonna care since Its a Mercedes and this is a Nissan Forum.

ChrisWantsBoost
06-15-2012, 11:33 PM
Your friend needs to figure out what the fuck he's talking about.
You, also, need more research.

Infact, if it hasn't already been done, don't try to pioneer your way into glory.

YOSHIKOUKI
06-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Smh u guys r idiots clearly hes talking bout the sr20 y would he put an ka in it smh... I say do it young lad

smoked~black16v
06-16-2012, 08:47 AM
Yoshikouki thank you, I dont need to be told something is a bad Idea to try if it hasn't been done before. And shiftdrift you comment goes right along with your age. I guess being a mechanic for 7years i deserve that comment since i didnt research but as yoshikouki said and the way i would have taken it if i was in all of your guys position is the SR20DET. what other engine would I want to waste my time using. so as i said thanks for allllllll the help ill go find my 900000000!!!! Hp answer somewhere else.

D.Adams
06-16-2012, 09:00 AM
I have an 85' cossi benz that I would like to put an S13 (trans and all). My engine bay is front to back is 30" subframe to subframe is 28.5" wat is the width of an S13. intake turbo and fan to bell housing.

Thanks for the help,

Jake

P.S I have a flex disc style drive shaft no u-joints. Is the s13 trans the same style??

Yoshikouki thank you, I dont need to be told something is a bad Idea to try if it hasn't been done before. And shiftdrift you comment goes right along with your age. I guess being a mechanic for 7years i deserve that comment since i didnt research but as yoshikouki said and the way i would have taken it if i was in all of your guys position is the SR20DET. what other engine would I want to waste my time using. so as i said thanks for allllllll the help ill go find my 900000000!!!! Hp answer somewhere else.

You come in here asking for help and don’t give a whole lot of info on what you want to do. If you want help explain what you are looking for or what you want to do. Don’t just type up 2 sentences then get on people for not giving you the answers you are looking for. If it’s a swap you want to do then do it why care what anyone on zilvia has to say. Also before you call someone out on their age go back and read your shitty post your profile sais you are 24 take your own advice and act your fucking age.

Wtf is a cossi benz ... oh are you talking about a Cosworth Mercedes some people might not understand your shit ass lingo.

Zilvia is not here to spoon feed people. You want info use google search for fuck sakes. You just joined zilvia use the search feature and have some fucking respect for members that have been here longer and actually help the community out.

smoked~black16v
06-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Ok respect isnt givin to assholes, I was thinking an s13 was a version of the sr20 not the body of the car so with that im wrong. but i dont need a response of your thread sucks and is in the wrong forum. I still can't tell which motor you're trying to put in which car. >>>
OR

Trader Rating: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wheelbase

2,474 mm (97.4 in)

Length

4,521 mm (178.0 in)

Width

1,689 mm (66.5 in)

Height

1,290 mm (50.8 in)

these are the dimensions of an s13. how thatll help you idk but you asked for them

I mean what so hard about just saying "hey man go read around and find out just what your asking then we can help you."

shiftdrift
06-16-2012, 09:26 AM
I wouldn't do an sr20 swap in your pos.

D.Adams
06-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Ok respect isnt givin to assholes, I was thinking an s13 was a version of the sr20 not the body of the car so with that im wrong. but i dont need a response of
OR

Trader Rating: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wheelbase

2,474 mm (97.4 in)

Length

4,521 mm (178.0 in)

Width

1,689 mm (66.5 in)

Height

1,290 mm (50.8 in)

I mean what so hard about just saying "hey man go read around and find out just what your asking then we can help you."

Really kid just gtfo of here with your bull shit. Respect is a common courtesy look at your join date look at ours. Your thread sucks you didnt give enough info on what you want. The part i bolded just shows you need to search before you post. Now get to google search kid and learn before you make yourself look even more dumb.

simmode1
06-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Are you talking about this thing:
http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Mercedes_190E_Evolution_II.jpg
Why on earth would you wanna put on SR20 in that boat? Why not put whatever Mercedes intended to go in there? If you wanna do a crazy swap, you're probably gonna NEED an LSx to get that thing moving.

coreyh
06-16-2012, 01:34 PM
obviously this dudes just a wannabe fan boy that doesnt know anything and wants to seem cool. why wouldnt we assume that youd go with an sr? because while the sr is good the ka is just as awesome, the ka has alot more lower end power, add a little turbo, some bigger cams, and lighter pullies you could also get some good top end as well.

google is your best friend, no, scratch that, google is your lover when it comes to any info you want automotive. the most important rule when working on cars is fill your library before you fill your garage.

coreyh
06-16-2012, 01:35 PM

Thanks for the help,

Jake

you asked for the width, thats why i posted it. can a mod lock this thread up? its gonna end bad.

ZAKU
06-16-2012, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't do an sr20 swap in your pos.

:rolleyes:

Why on earth would you wanna put on SR20 in that boat?

Boat? It weighs maybe 150lbs. more than an S13.

Why not put whatever Mercedes intended to go in there?

Bosch Jetronic, that's why.

An SR swap into a Cossie Benz would be cool, but with the dickhead Benz AND Nissan owners in this thread it looks like it won't be happening anytime soon.

Daniel.
06-16-2012, 10:03 PM
How the hell did ALL of you fall for such obvious troll bait?

fyneyoungstunna
06-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Here let me help you solve this before more younglings on the board give us even more of a dickhead rep.

First: Iv'e seen sr20's in heavier cars. And they "tear it up" with that engine.
You have got to understand that its the combination of the two that make a car heavy so take some of the weight off in an engine and the car will be lighter.

Second: the Ka outshines the sr20 in a lot of ways. But thats a dead horse. I would look more into the Ka-t just because it has more of the tq your gonna need. Check out the z32 with a KA. it whopped on sr'd S-chassis cars.

Third: if your gonna look into nissan for an engine for a heavier car like that, why not check out the VG and VH series engines. More potential in a bigger car like yours.

Fourth: Hes A cheese Head. Hahaha Just giving you shit Zaku

jbballa9876
06-16-2012, 10:20 PM
I just wish threads like these would disappear, reading such really expands the mind so much.

RiversideS13
06-17-2012, 10:15 AM
cosworth mercedes 190e is known for their tuned engine and you wanna put a nissan engine in there? such a waste

i saw option magazine that in japan people put RB26dett in 190e and e36 so it is doable. require quite of custom work of course

HyperTek
06-17-2012, 11:49 AM
I had one, the cossworth engine is a beast in itself, mine was an 85 eurospec . I wish i still had it.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/29266_390140858556_4394453_n.jpg

The car really benefits from a megasquirt conversion and ITB though..

There have been people swapping SR20s in the standard 190e though, I remember seeing one on a japanese site and we talked about it on 190revolution.

The reason someone would swap to japanese power is because the Mercedes engines cost alot to get power out of them.
UXrbiQbMvac

Wade12
06-17-2012, 07:12 PM
http://www.castoffdebt.comwell

bumb ubm!

RichieSR20
06-18-2012, 02:40 AM

Everybody on this site thinks they're cool and they know everything. Everyone's a prick and I would highly advise that your stay off Zilvia as much as possible. It's pretty much useless now.

JBrock78
06-18-2012, 03:35 AM
If you really want to do a swap.. do it.. research it a little bit and buy a good engine.. if you could fit a RB26DETT in there then do it! I'm pretty sure you can put any engine in there you want to, but weather or not it's practical ... .. . that's a totally different question. I could personally fit the 302 I have in the mustang in my garage with built internals and a vortec supercharger pumping out well over 500hp into my 89 240sx coupe .. but.. it would take some modification. so bro.. do some research and figure it out. You might have to custom fab some stuff.. or whatever.. if you're a builder.. you'll know what to do.. if you're not.. learn to build. ;)
This forum is for s and z chassis.. not mercs.. go get some help from a merc forum. :) and remember.. everything has been done before. you are not original. there is someone out there who can help you with whatever you're trying to do.

good luck with the swap!
peace ~