PDA

View Full Version : Texas registration?

Godzoora
06-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Alright can anyone tell me Texas registration laws and how lenient the state is? any inspections or anything? My true question I would rather not discuss just yet.

feito
06-13-2012, 09:52 PM
here in San Antonio they dont smog test when u get ur inspection, at least not in any of the places i go to, hell i used to work at a ford dealership and we didnt smog test. When transferring an out of state title u go to get your inspection first, then take take your receipt to do your transfer. That's here in San Antonio thou, heard other cities are smogging now thou.

Godzoora
06-13-2012, 09:58 PM
I am out of state and possibly moving to Austin in the next few months, It is already a Texas titled vehicle but for a car that is very hard to register ;) just curious if I will catch any grief trying to license it in Austin since it has been and still is registered in Texas.

corby_baby
06-13-2012, 10:05 PM
it really depends on what county you are in. if you are trying to get a skyline registered i have seen it done, just dont know exactly what it takes if anything.

negrosx13
06-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Same thing in houston

Godzoora
06-13-2012, 10:11 PM
it really depends on what county you are in. if you are trying to get a skyline registered i have seen it done, just dont know exactly what it takes if anything.

Hit the nail on the head, hoping it won't be an issue. If so hope there are some nice tracks around, lol

Godzoora
06-13-2012, 10:12 PM
What do the inspections consist of?

corby_baby
06-13-2012, 10:30 PM
What do the inspections consist of?

depends on what county you are in. some places check horn, lights, brakes. if that works you get a sticker. other places do a sniffer test and the whole nine yards (mostly bigger cities like houston). then again there is always WAYS to get a sticker, it just might be a little more expensive ;)

Godzoora
06-15-2012, 11:38 PM
Bout tired of reading horror stories of them getting seized. Scary to think about. Government needs to find other ways to occupy themselves. Not as if have any national crisis going on ever.. Reason I say this I just read about one in Texas getting seized a few years ago.

LBK S13
07-23-2012, 09:42 PM
In my area there are a few shops that'll give you a inspection sticker just cause they wanna drive your car. But even the tough places aren't real bad just lights horn power steering and brakes and as long as your windshield isn't real bad your straight.
Lubbock county

As far as registrations. It's fairly simple as long as you have inspection and insurance your good.
Title transfers on the other hand.....bring a lot of cash with you. My 91 240sx was like 500$$!! For title transfer

canasion35
07-23-2012, 09:59 PM
here in harris county i got my s14 with a sr a sticker and all they tested was the horn, lights, steering, and they put a sniffer on it and the guy looked at me with a smirk and took it off. to later find out there was a sleighty out in the back :) If you want the shops address pm me.

lewisfk
07-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Austin smogs and all the other cities are supposed to follow. Texas is not as strict as Cali! I just smogged my 2006 Armada after coming back from Afghan. I paid 75 dollars for smog and inspection sticker. I sold my armada recently and picked up a 2011 ford f150 and they told me I dont have to smog it for six years. If you live in a rural area like Luling, Seguin, or any surrounding cities you should be fine. If your military and need to transfer your registration I have the forms to do that also.