PDA

View Full Version : Isis tension rod install. simple question

sicknamehere
06-12-2012, 06:24 PM
why is the bump stop in the way? i took off the nuts from the lca side and then unbolted the radiator support side. that was easy. now i can't get the lca side to come out of the lca because the bump stop is in the way. anyone have any advice that makes sense? i want the bump stop...

sicknamehere
06-13-2012, 11:53 AM
no one has done this before? it's not like this is a crazy mod, i just need to know how to actually slide the part out

Promise Land
06-13-2012, 04:02 PM
I have them on mine, but I don't understand your question. Mine came right out. I have the NISMO brace, so maybe that makes it different?

sicknamehere
06-13-2012, 07:27 PM
I have them on mine, but I don't understand your question. Mine came right out. I have the NISMO brace, so maybe that makes it different?

the only thing i can think of is maybe you slide the bushing end down in order to get the lca end out. which i can't do because my radiator support is a little bent.

eek
06-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Take a picture and show us your problem.

KendallH
06-14-2012, 01:36 PM
On the lower control arm, the bumpstop (think thats what its called) for the tie rod end, the upper ridge keeps us from pulling the tension rod out where it bolts to the FLCA.

http://www.pdm-racing.com/products/imag/FLCA_1.jpg

We read all the guides and nothing mentioned that. Probably a simple answer.

jabless13
06-15-2012, 09:50 PM
IIRC mine came into contact with it, but i just whacked the shit out of it with a BFH until it came out.

sicknamehere
06-18-2012, 11:24 AM
figured it out. the radiator bracket or whatever it's called that bolts to the bushing part of the tension rod was bent. so i had to pry it open to allow the tension rod to fall out of it. the part where the rod bolts to the lca can only come out if you pull the bushing part down. so, unbolt the tension rod. let the bushing side fall down. keep it lower than the lca and you should have no problem taking the 2 bolts out of the lca.