PDA

View Full Version : The exhaust jack

Kuma
06-11-2012, 01:09 AM
"Getting a flat tire on your car always sucks. I don’t care where you are, it’s never fun to change a tire. Usually the worst part is actually trying to jack your car up so you can take off the wheel. Usually you’ll find the worst excuse for a car jack known to man in your trunk. You know the kind, they have some kind of rod that you have to twist about three hundred times, then you get to do it all again when you’re done changing the tire. I believe I’ve found the coolest jack ever.

This Exhaust Air Jack is a work of pure genius. It is a big orange bag which you set underneath your vehicle. There is a hose coming out of it which you connect to the exhaust of your car. In about 30 seconds the bag will have inflated enough to raise your car up off the ground. There’s even a one-way valve to prevent air loss if you decide to turn off your vehicle This will work on just about any surface, which isn’t the same for traditional jacks. I’d say that $129.99 for one of these would be money well spent."

http://craziestgadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/exhaust-jack.jpg

w0nderbr3ad
06-11-2012, 01:18 AM
So what happens when you place the thing on the ground and gets punctured by something on the road during inflation? Seems like a rad idea but probably not for people who drive cars with fiberglass body parts.

dawagarage
06-11-2012, 01:24 AM
i was recently researching 'wood cribbage blocks' in regards to using them to support my cars.
example: (not my photo)
http://www.myturbodiesel.com/images/misc/block.jpg
wood cribbage is also used by firefighters and similar to support vehicles involved in accidents/collisions. aside from wood cribbage, they use 'airbags' which they insert under the car, inflate, and raise the car. there was at least one fatal incident in which an airbag was ejected from under the car, striking a worker and killing him.

perhaps these wouldnt be ejected, but if the bag were to fail (even if it is designed not to) the result could be costly, harmful, or FATAL.

Kuma
06-11-2012, 01:28 AM
I was thinking the same thing... Looks pretty cool, but if it fails, something is fucked... Whether it be a limb or something on your car... something is getting broke.

Pinggg
06-11-2012, 05:26 AM
Yeah i'm just worry about the bag failing. lol

trickey1991
06-11-2012, 05:46 AM
straight balling

EnemyS15
06-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Yea, heavy rescue typically uses cribbing over the air bags for the fact that air bags are dangerous. They place the bag between 2 wooden slats, in case the bag blows. I know of a ff who was next to one when it blew. his left ear drum ruptured and loss over 70% of his hearing in that ear. Ill take hand jacks over that bag any day.

ravinaziankid
06-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Why not just buy a good jack, for that price you can get a nice one that can lift the car in a minute or less and wouldn't take up too much space or add much weight. Better safe than sorry.

CleanAndLegit
06-11-2012, 09:35 AM
you buy this, then 2 jack stands and your set.

and btw this isnt like a freaking airbag that instantly fills with air causing kinda of an explosion, it slowly fills with air and raises the car up.

and by the looks of it seems to be some durable material, must be able to hold awesome pressure, since it is lifting a BMW SUV which are extremely heavy, but idk.

blueshark123
06-11-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm sure this product has been tested on a lot heavier cars then our pos 240sx. I dont see any need to worry. Im sure the bag has to be very durable.

axiomatik
06-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Interesting idea. The lowest profile jack possible. Running one off an air compressor would also work (albeit slower).

Pinggg
06-11-2012, 11:58 AM
I wonder if they have a adapter for us running aftermarket exhaust with the bigger outlet tip..

w0nderbr3ad
06-11-2012, 12:18 PM
This is what I'm afraid most people will be doing; plenty of user error though.
dBg10gw277o

Darren
06-11-2012, 01:04 PM
This would be great for off roaders / racers.. to be able to elevate the vehicle to clear obstacles

Never a good idea to work under a vehicle with only the jack supporting it, regardless of the type of jack...

Edwin562
06-11-2012, 01:18 PM
I wouldnt trust a balloon to lift my car. I will give a +1 for effort and creativity.

theicecreamdan
06-11-2012, 05:50 PM
The ARB Blow-Up Balloon Jack in Action - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYTJPftR50I)

I'd feel safe working near it. Don't go under a car that isn't held up by jackstands.

Trinidrift3
06-11-2012, 06:14 PM
why try to fix something thats not broken?

jacks are placed by car companies in the trunks because they do the job the best

Kuma
06-11-2012, 11:25 PM

jacks are placed by car companies in the trunks because they do the job the best

Every jack I've ever bought was better than the jack that came in any car I've ever driven... Car companies put those jacks in cars because they are small and cheap. If people didn't try to improve things, we wouldn't have color TV's.

axiomatik
06-12-2012, 09:55 AM

lol. Scissor jacks are so slow and a pain in the ass.

Tearlessj
06-12-2012, 12:17 PM
The airbags are designed for off road vehicle where the surface could be uneven. If it could lift a Jeep on a slope. I would trust it to lift my light 240sx anyday.