PDA

View Full Version : Cb7s?

Slowgan
06-06-2012, 06:52 PM
I just made an account on here today and I am planning to own a 240 soon. I currently drive a 92 accord lx (cb7sk8rdude : 1992 Accord LX - CB7Tuner Forums (http://tinyurl.com/7vfvvah)). This slow fwd auto car gets kind of boring so I have been looking into 240s and such. Are there any other cb7s on the forum? Or just me?

fliprayzin240sx
06-06-2012, 07:34 PM
You make it sound like a 240sx will be any faster...

Slowgan
06-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Haha in a way it is. My little honda only makes 125hp.

redline1320
06-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Is this happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fliprayzin240sx
06-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Haha in a way it is. My little honda only makes 125hp.

An 89 240sx will make 110 whp...

Slowgan
06-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Oh well I was looking at an 89 with an sr20det swapped into it already, so there has to be some power there.

word sux
06-06-2012, 09:07 PM
have fun wrapping it around a telephone pole

fliprayzin240sx
06-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Hopefully he's also in HS so you can have fun with some mickey moused S-chassis. Picking up somebody else's project is always a good idea, specially on cars that you're clueless about.

JdmDrift4Food
06-06-2012, 09:21 PM
My friend owns a cb7, I give him shit all the time. On a different note, someone please explain to me what the fun is in purchasing a car that has already been built/had a motor swap? You will be bored of the car within a month if you're just buying an sr'd 240 that you didnt build, and dont plan on building (assuming by how you are switching from an unbuilt cb7). You will just want a "faster" car when you get bored of this one. I say, stick with hondas, drop out that shitty f series, and swap an H series, build and turbo. The reason your car is fucking slow is because its stock..Put some work into it! Then after you realize how lame fwd is, buy a real car. Just my 2 cents.

Slowgan
06-06-2012, 09:51 PM
have fun wrapping it around a telephone pole
Haha I'm not buying that one. I want to find a project. Something I can get to know and then wrap that around a pole.

My friend owns a cb7, I give him shit all the time. On a different note, someone please explain to me what the fun is in purchasing a car that has already been built/had a motor swap? You will be bored of the car within a month if you're just buying an sr'd 240 that you didnt build, and dont plan on building (assuming by how you are switching from an unbuilt cb7). You will just want a "faster" car when you get bored of this one. I say, stick with hondas, drop out that shitty f series, and swap an H series, build and turbo. The reason your car is fucking slow is because its stock..Put some work into it! Then after you realize how lame fwd is, buy a real car. Just my 2 cents.
I'm not saying I don't like my car because it's slow. I like driving slow and I love my car I just want to have some fun once in while in a rwd car. I decided on a 240 because they are fairly cheap and there are a good amount of parts laying around at the local jy if I need some. :-/

JdmDrift4Food
06-06-2012, 10:20 PM
Rarely does a 16 year old know what he or she wants. I just have this picture in my head of you buying an sr'd 240 and thinking it was the coolest thing in the world and thinking your all of a sudden a drift star and driving like an idiot in the street, crashing and killing or seriously hurting another motorist. I'm by no means judging you, but I do not recommend it. You will change your mind when your out of high school on what you want anyways. I bet you thought the cb7 was the only car for you when you got it. Just have fun with your car, and after you put work into the motor and learn a few things, move on to a new project. Once again, just my 2 cents.

slowvia
06-06-2012, 10:37 PM
On a different note, someone please explain to me what the fun is in purchasing a car that has already been built/had a motor swap? You will be bored of the car within a month if you're just buying an sr'd 240 that you didnt build, and dont plan on building (assuming by how you are switching from an unbuilt cb7). You will just want a "faster" car when you get bored of this one.

I bought an s13 with an SR in it, blew the motor less than a week later. Yeah, that was fun. But now I have a completely rebuilt blacktop with forged pistons and less than 800 miles on it. I think it's pretty damn fun now!

JdmDrift4Food
06-06-2012, 10:42 PM
As long as the body is close to stock and unmolested, buying a 240 with a swapped motor is completely fine. You can do whatever you want to the interior/exterior, and build the motor as you go along. BUT, judging by how he wants a faster car, yet doesnt want to DO anything to his car to make it faster, I doubt he will put in any work into the 240. Just drive it till he wants something faster.

HyperTek
06-07-2012, 10:26 AM
i bought a built car, it was awesome, all the shit i would have done, and got to do my own stuff to it since alot of it was still stock. =p

on that note, stick with the accord, it looks like a reliable daily driver. you did it tasteful job to it.. Since its not riced out, guys on here shouldn't give you hell for it lol

Slowgan
06-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Ya i know what you mean when you say that I would think I'm all of a sudden a great drifter by owning a 240. Most teens don't know what they want because their still developing. I just want a 240 so I can have something to work on in my free time. I know buying a built car isn't the smartest thing to do when you're young.

JdmDrift4Food
06-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Keep the accord as a dd then, and buy a unmolested 240 shell if you can find one. Orrr an all stock 240. That way the project will last awhile, and if you dont give up on it, it will mean alot more to you when your finished and out of school. And as stated above, that accord is really clean and stock, good job.

simmode1
06-07-2012, 02:24 PM
I decided on a 240 because they are fairly cheap and there are a good amount of parts laying around at the local jy if I need some. :-/
Have you considered a Miata instead?

Slowgan
06-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Keep the accord as a dd then, and buy a unmolested 240 shell if you can find one. Orrr an all stock 240. That way the project will last awhile, and if you dont give up on it, it will mean alot more to you when your finished and out of school. And as stated above, that accord is really clean and stock, good job.

Thanks. That's my plan. I want to find a completely stock one so I can work on it and know what all to do.
Have you considered a Miata instead?

I'm not really a fan of miatas. If i had to chose something mazda it would probably be an rx7.

WanganRunner
06-08-2012, 06:55 PM
I like CB7s, mainly because I grew up with them. I especially like the wagons, probably my favorite Accord generation.

There are tons of both those and 240s on the road though. Get an Alfa Spider or something genuinely cool then leave it stock and enjoy life.

BarrigaS14
06-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Save money and buy a house, then a nice car.

JdmDrift4Food
06-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Hes 16... lol

Slowgan
06-10-2012, 08:54 PM
lol it would be more realistic to save for college.