PDA

View Full Version : 350z purchase...trying to see if its worth it.

cgtdream
06-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Looking to purchase a 350z from a bank who repossessed the car. Problem is, the interior is trashed (rain damage amongst other things) and the wiring along with missing "electronic boxes" has left the car unable to be started. The good, is that he body is in great condition, along with the suspension, wheels, brakes etc....The engine condition is unkwn because the car cannot be started.

So the big question is, would buying the car in the hopes of getting it running again be worth it, considering these missing electronic boxes? Can they be replaced or are they keyed to each other in such a manner that if one is gone, the car still wont start...also the ECU is still present with the main harness intact (thank god)

Any advice or help is appreciated!!

Edwin562
06-01-2012, 05:28 PM
whats the price tag on it?

CleanAndLegit
06-01-2012, 05:35 PM
yup cant say without the price tag, anything under 4k is a alright i guess, since im sure its salvage.

eZiR- rps13
06-01-2012, 05:43 PM
depends on which boxes are missing? and the price

cgtdream
06-02-2012, 10:53 AM
The price i "could" pay for it is around the 700 dollar mark. Also not looking to buy this car and part it out. Trying to salvage it as a drivable car. Also i am not sure what "boxes" are missing...but also just more curious as to which ones would immobilize the car if they were missing...

eZiR- rps13
06-02-2012, 11:29 AM
that's an awesome price ... would be well worth it or even to partout out
as for what would immobilize it ... anything Nats related uh I would assume engine specific relays... you would really need to find out which electrical boxes... but regardless
at that price I would pick it up

DJ-of-E
06-02-2012, 11:30 AM
The price i "could" pay for it is around the 700 dollar mark. Also not looking to buy this car and part it out. Trying to salvage it as a drivable car. Also i am not sure what "boxes" are missing...but also just more curious as to which ones would immobilize the car if they were missing...

All I could say is good luck with that. You would really need someone who knows there way around electronics and wiring because even a simple routing and diagnostic to find a short could take a lot more than just "a couple hours."

dragonbreath
06-02-2012, 02:04 PM
I would definitely buy it for that price. That is absurd. It should be fairly easy to find whatever you need to find to get it running from part outs on Z forums. You would have to take it to the dealer to get your key, ecu, and other bcm equipment compatible if any of the NATS components are missing.

slipnslide88
06-24-2012, 08:40 PM
depending on model whether track or touring or convertible this car sounds worth it. questionable issues and i take it you arent super familiar with it so you should probably take it to somebody who knows there way around nissans to fix it. i mean the motor may be locked up. but at the price of $700 at the very least you could part it out and make your money back