PDA

View Full Version : A little Car accident

marryson
05-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Some guy hit my passenger side rear bumper when he was going out of a Mcdonald's driveway. There wasn't any major damage but there is definitely noticeable scratches. As soon as he got out of the car, he claims that there is no damage to my 240sx.... And he kept mentioning that there wasnt any damage thru out our conversation. And he refused to exchange information because he thinks that there is no damage. The police came and take a look of both of our cars. (I don't know if the cop has written down the damage on the police file) The guy also took a picture with his Iphone. Thing is, Im afraid that he might photoshop the picture OR the picture is not clear enough to show the damage. Since he is pretty confident about using that picture as an evident. This happend in Richmond BC. Do you guys think that ICBC would consider his picture as an evident? How do you think this will end? Please leave your comment? Cheers

z32boy
05-31-2012, 01:50 AM
Whay didn't you take a picture of the damage with your phone? Or take a picture of him taking a picture of your car, that's definatly evidence!!

wangan_cruiser
05-31-2012, 02:27 AM
should have took down his license plate and took a picture of him and his car.

good luck

Kuma
05-31-2012, 02:31 AM
The cop wouldn't give you his insurance info? If a cop came and yall were both there still I would have asked the cop to give me his insurance info because he is refusing to after hitting your car because he had nothing but double cheese burgers on his mind. Then ask the cop to note the scratches or whatever... Especially if yall traded a little paint.

marryson
05-31-2012, 02:52 AM
The cop wouldn't give you his insurance info? If a cop came and yall were both there still I would have asked the cop to give me his insurance info because he is refusing to after hitting your car because he had nothing but double cheese burgers on his mind. Then ask the cop to note the scratches or whatever... Especially if yall traded a little paint.

The cop came and he ordered him to exchange info with me. the cop asked me where is the damage on my car, and then i showed it to him, not sure if he mark it down on the police report. The damage is minor but cost 500$ to fix... I aint paying for that..

Kuma
05-31-2012, 04:04 AM
I'm sure he wrote something.... He either wrote he saw damage and described it, or said he didn't see anything... But I'm willing to bet if he didn't see anything he would have said something to you.

marryson
05-31-2012, 06:59 AM
I'm sure he wrote something.... He either wrote he saw damage and described it, or said he didn't see anything... But I'm willing to bet if he didn't see anything he would have said something to you.

Thanks for the reply. I hope he did.... in fact, Im might call in and ask. Just to make sure the damage is described in the police report.

yokotas13
05-31-2012, 07:46 AM
you dont have a copy of the report yet?

why do people do stupid shit like post on a forum questions they should be asking the person who did hte report.

marryson
05-31-2012, 07:49 AM
you dont have a copy of the report yet?

why do people do stupid shit like post on a forum questions they should be asking the person who did hte report.

no all I have is the police report file number. even I have the report stating the damage. I Dont see a problem with posting a forum question asking others about their opinion or their own experience.

ravinaziankid
05-31-2012, 08:07 AM
Should have taken a picture, these days even the crappiest phones have cameras so there's no real excuse not to especially in that situation.

EnemyS15
05-31-2012, 09:25 AM
your car has been defiled. Take it out back and burn it.

Problem solved.

fliprayzin240sx
05-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but dont you still have to pay your deductable whether your at fault or not?!?! So if its less than $500, thats your damn deductable right now.

blueshark123
05-31-2012, 09:38 AM
Oh god people are dumb

step 1 wait for police report
step 2 call insurance
step 3 have an insurance adjuster come quote you
step 4 get the check or go to recommended body shop
step 5 get it fixed
step 6 go jerk off

tqstarburst
05-31-2012, 09:45 AM
Oh god people are dumb

step 1 wait for police report
step 2 call insurance
step 3 have an insurance adjuster come quote you
step 4 get the check or go to recommended body shop
step 5 get it fixed
step 6 go jerk off
What this guy said.

marryson
05-31-2012, 10:12 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but dont you still have to pay your deductable whether your at fault or not?!?! So if its less than $500, thats your damn deductable right now.

In Vancouver no. If its their fault. I claim off their insurance and they pay the deductible.

driftsilvias13
05-31-2012, 10:44 AM
You didnt write down his plate number and call his insurance?

marryson
05-31-2012, 10:47 AM
You didnt write down his plate number and call his insurance?

I did yea. but only after the cop ordered him to. he refused to give me his info cuz he kept saying that there is no damage. what im worrying about is that he might photoshop the picture he took with his phone. and argue that the damage is done after the accident.

WagDatto
05-31-2012, 10:58 AM
You've gotta be trolling us here... Police report will mention any damage you pointed out to the officer. Call your insurance, give them his policy number and the police report number, and they'll take care of the rest. They'll likely send someone out to inspect your car, to make sure the damage matches the police report. If the guy "Photoshops the picture he took to remove the damage," then they'll obviously see that the police report stated damages that he edited out.

Quit tripping, just call your insurance and let them deal with it.

drift2010
05-31-2012, 11:06 AM
If somebody else's car touches your car, and you claim there is a damage on your car, the insurance has to take action as long as you have their license plate. whether they like it or not.
Last year, I open my door and touches vehicle's door beside me that doesn't cause any ding, only mark, and the owner report it to insurance and they pay for it.

KiLLeR2001
05-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Pics of damage.

EnemyS15
05-31-2012, 02:40 PM
Hit yourself over the head with a hammer......... The solution will come to you then...

marcencar
05-31-2012, 03:18 PM
If SOP for your local PD is like California's, then a police report is not taken since there weren't any injuries.

Basically the only thing that needs to be done is a exchange of information. Here in California there is a form filled out by the cop that has both parties information (I.e. name, address, insurance company and policy number) as well as the damage on the vehicles involved. Once the form is filled out and given to parties involved then nothing else needs to be done unless a vehicle needs to be towed.

But it is the involved parties responsibility to take photos of the damage and contact insurance Co.

delado
05-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Pretty sure this is a spam bot

marryson
06-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Thanks for your opinion guys. I already dealt with the Insurance(ICBC). They said they should take care of it since it is the other driver's fault. Although the other driver doesnt want to pay for it cuz he thinks there is no damage..... Lets just hope that he doesnt come after me when I claim his insurance lol. cuz I accidently gave him my address when we exchange info.... Yes that was stupid... But you guys were very helpful ^_^ hope this all goes well.

JustSlide
06-01-2012, 02:17 PM
I did yea. but only after the cop ordered him to. he refused to give me his info cuz he kept saying that there is no damage. what im worrying about is that he might photoshop the picture he took with his phone. and argue that the damage is done after the accident.

:duh: You sound like the kind of guy that worries too much over nothing and making a big deal over nothing. He refused to give his info you called the cops and got his info so you did something right.

If hes at fault you have nothing to worry about doesn't matter what he does with pictures he took, hes at fault and will be held responsible for the damages no matter what he says and how much damage he believes was done is moot...

he does not determine how much damage there is and how much it costs to repair. The bodyshop's estimate or insurance adjuster determines that.

OutlawLui
06-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Fucking asshole, good luck. but the police will not help for shit.

marryson
06-01-2012, 04:27 PM
:duh: You sound like the kind of guy that worries too much over nothing and making a big deal over nothing. He refused to give his info you called the cops and got his info so you did something right.

If hes at fault you have nothing to worry about doesn't matter what he does with pictures he took, hes at fault and will be held responsible for the damages no matter what he says and how much damage he believes was done is moot...

he does not determine how much damage there is and how much it costs to repair. The bodyshop's estimate or insurance adjuster determines that.

You are 100% correct..... I am worrying too much. :o

drift freaq
06-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks for your opinion guys. I already dealt with the Insurance(ICBC). They said they should take care of it since it is the other driver's fault. Although the other driver doesnt want to pay for it cuz he thinks there is no damage..... Lets just hope that he doesnt come after me when I claim his insurance lol. cuz I accidently gave him my address when we exchange info.... Yes that was stupid... But you guys were very helpful ^_^ hope this all goes well.
if the police report says he is at fault he cannot come after you with a claim on you. Plus you both have each others addresses when you exchange info. The guy is not going to come after you because he has your address. What are you guys some hillybilly fucks or what?

What he can do is tell his insurance company not to pay, but if the police report says he is at fault they will pay.

As far as the person who said in California they do not take a Police report unless there is an injury. That is not true. It varies from city to city. Most big cities won't but smaller to medium size ones quite often will.

Just because Pasadena or LA does not does not make it a rule. Berkeley takes police reports on non injury accidents if they are called. I know I have been hit in Berkeley in the past fucking twice both times was the jackasses faults.

RiversideS13
06-02-2012, 02:35 AM
this is such a loving community....

police came and took report, if you think you are legit than you would be ok. you will call his insurance company and file a claim.

marcencar
06-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Actually I am right about what I said that reports are for injuries only in California.

Its the cops discretion to take the report, it's not mandatory. For injuries it's a, "shall take a report."

Just the experience of two cops giving you a report in Berkeley, when they were obviously bored or something, really doesn't mean a thing.