PDA

View Full Version : the College Wrestling Thread

serge_dk
05-28-2012, 09:28 AM
there has to be someone on here who likes college wrestling.

post opinions, results from dual meets, tournaments, videos, fav. individual, whatever else.

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l427/rtskinner_2008/Iowa_Hawkeyes.jpg

innovation
05-28-2012, 12:55 PM
I do jiu jitsu and really wish I did wrestling in HS. SO yeah I guess you can say Im a fan of any grappling. Just wish there was a place where I can learn collegiate wrestling

iStayBroke
05-28-2012, 03:13 PM
My friend Kevin wrestles for Arizona State. In high school I didn't wrestle at first because we woulda been in the same weight class, then I hurt my shoulder playing football and used the wrestling season as a break before soccer started. I only pay attention to collegiate wrestling when hes involved.

serge_dk
05-29-2012, 01:57 AM
I do jiu jitsu and really wish I did wrestling in HS. SO yeah I guess you can say Im a fan of any grappling. Just wish there was a place where I can learn collegiate wrestling

its pretty much the same as hs, a little bit different rules and times but the training is hs times ten.

serge_dk
05-29-2012, 01:57 AM
My friend Kevin wrestles for Arizona State. In high school I didn't wrestle at first because we woulda been in the same weight class, then I hurt my shoulder playing football and used the wrestling season as a break before soccer started. I only pay attention to collegiate wrestling when hes involved.

ASU is badass, lots of well known ppl come from there. his name wouldn't happen to be Radford would it?

ReaperBJJ
05-29-2012, 02:55 PM
I wrestled Kindergarten through half of 10th grade, and 2 matches my senior year. I still do some Freestyle and Greco stuff to cross-train, but I fight MMA and do Submission grappling tournaments for the most part now.