PDA

View Full Version : ka24de with strange noise...HELP

240SeXyNIS
05-23-2012, 04:19 PM
ok, im new to this but, i have my first ka and it is giving me some issues
i pulled into my driveway and heard my motor making a slight tap noise...
i have checked for things hitting on stuff and i have removed the valve cover there is oil in the head i havent ran it with the cover off but i have traced the sound to the very front of the motor around the timing chain how ever the guy i bought it from was/is a nissan tech and replaced the chain and gears and everything a month before so four months ago....that said i have discovered that i need a motor mount, and i have a small triangle shaped part missing from
my crank pulley that the belt runs on but looks to have been gone for a while and noise / taping seemd to be top end ...now for the strange part..if i turn the wheel taping stops if i rev it the taping stops i have noticed a studer in it and ita a auto for the next few weeks but in drive it is doggy as hell and falls on its face
shifts hard into second under wot and launches like a bad ass but studers atleast once between gears and i dont mean misses ...durning the studer motor sounds fine no noticeable noise im thinking its is the oil pump not sure maybe seized up or on its way to?i have search this for two weeks and havnt found anything with my symptoms i can get a new motor with another fresh rebuild foe 350 including misc parts i need for the trans swap... thanks for your time:bash:

Neon_rain519
05-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Is this the noise your taking about?
KA24DE timing chain noise/rattle - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cSA4ZwOri0)

If so the chain guide is gone (piece of plastic). happens to everyone and nothing to be worried about.

240SeXyNIS
05-27-2012, 06:34 PM
It was then i took off the guide it didnt go completely away went to take off the side guide
and noticed that my cams are switched exhaust on the intake and intake on exhaust side...
then i changed my oil i noticed that there is shavings inthe oil..i have only had it for three months and there is five months on the rebuild.....and today i started it up noticded its still taping...so i figured screw it il drive it till it blows and buy a new motor i went to slide a corned (as best i could with an auto) and bam the pulley on the crank front pulley that runs the power steering flys off and no more tap ...still concerned about the shavings in the oil ..and cant find a pulley to replace the one that is all bent up