PDA

View Full Version : Maybe some help with a Consult problem

Matt191
05-22-2012, 09:08 AM
I know this has been covered soooo many times before and I really search 4 hours till I got bored and painted my buddies aveo with shark teeth. But anyways to beat a dead horse, I am getting datascan so I was hoping that maybe someone could shed some light onto my problem. So I have a 91 hatch and I really just want to use the stock location for my consult and no one has really covered this before(that I could find) has anyone done this before?
Regards,
Matt

dkim1985
05-22-2012, 02:16 PM
i have consult to usb with datascan..
..i dont know what you're asking.

Matt191
05-22-2012, 02:41 PM
I want to be able to use my stock location for my consult(driver side kick panel) instead of splicing into my wiring harness at the plug. My question is that I want to know which wires I need to connect up to the dash plug to make everything work. Does that clarify my question?

And how do you like datascan anyways? I have a feeling I'm pretty oblivious to problems on my SR20DET I thought that this would help me figure things out better.

dkim1985
05-22-2012, 03:50 PM
..why would u need to splice into the wiring harness..?

mine just plugs into the consult port and then to the usb port on my computer.
i like datascan. im not doing any crazy tuning or anything so it tells me just the general stuff i need to know.

Matt191
05-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Okay here is my deal I followed a guide that said these are the wires that you need to hook up for the dash and it said some were not needed unless you were using the consult. So all I'm asking is if I wire the rest of the wires in for my dash plug will my consult work?
And yes I don't really wanna tune anything.g I just want to get my sr20det running right and t
his program will hopefully help me figure out what my problem is.

dkim1985
05-23-2012, 10:08 AM
as long as the wiring is correct i dont see why it wouldn't work..as long as u're not 'cutting' any of the wires and they're all still intact with the consult.

Matt191
05-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Not cutting a single one no worries thank you