PDA

View Full Version : diff. between blacktop and redtop

CFteg
02-09-2004, 10:27 AM
why the hell is the black top more expensive but everywhere i go to find specs on either engine they are the exact same write up and estimated power outpout, i would like to know the difference between the two, if anyone can help me out. thanks in advance

stp9154
02-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Here (http://www.nissansilvia.co.nz/tech/Silvia-180SX%20Table.htm)

Hope this'd help.

CFteg
02-09-2004, 10:49 AM
thanks for the post but even that list still has identical numbers for both black and redtop s13 motors.

FRpilot
02-09-2004, 11:59 AM
thanks for the post but even that list still has identical numbers for both black and redtop s13 motors.

they are basically the same besides the cover. they are more expensive because s13 blacktops came from newer 180sx and are usually deemed lower milleage and cleaner. kouki s13blacktops were obd2 i believe. there might be some minor differences, but from what i know they are basically the same engine just with a different cover.

CFteg
02-10-2004, 08:51 AM
thats what i had been figuring base on all the info i have looked up thanks for help. i was going to go with a red top either way i think but i might be getting an rb25 from this guy here who bought a half clip! he even has the FRONT SEATS! and he doesn't know anyone who can get it to work but i do :-) hopefully he will sell it for cheap :bow:

cheers :tweak:

WilloW
02-10-2004, 03:22 PM
I looked this up a while back. A few people had access to the 2 motors mentioned above opened them up, and they said that the oil pickup on the blacktop is slotted unlike the redtop pickup (dented oilpan funk). Could someone confirm this?