PDA

View Full Version : ka24det idle problem

4drsleeper
05-17-2012, 07:52 PM
i just finished my ka24det project, finally boosted it =) it starts right up and idles about 900rpms, but when ever i press the gas pedal it revs up and then the idle just shoot all the way down where it feels like it wants to die, i put a video so you guys could kind of get an idea whatit does. if anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it.

my set up is t28 BB
sard 550cc injectors
z32 maf
isis FMIC kit
walbro 255 fuel pump
ngk 7 heat range plugs
enthalpy base tune for set up above.
also my wastegate, BOV and boost gauge vacuum all hooked up to FPR vacuum line.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i52/ahmed3188/?action=view¤t=fcfe0004.mp4&evt=user_media_share

Bentleyness
05-18-2012, 12:36 AM
invest in a wideband. i kno it help me with alot of confusions, i read alot of mail order tunes like urs and jwt are tuned rich, u might be flooding when coming down from rpms. just a thought.

4drsleeper
05-18-2012, 07:10 AM
I have a wideband I just haven't had the chance to install i yet but I will soon as I get home.. I just wanted to see if I did anything wrong with the turbo install like my vacuum lines, and also I have a line not connect to vacuum under the throttle body that I think it goes to my egr or evap system

JDMRIDDAZ
05-18-2012, 07:23 AM
check and clean iacv...
and it maybe tune related...
i got a ka20det w no tune
at first it didnt idle right and would die after a rev too
it was a loose clamp on iacv...
hook up ur wieband
and do u have an adj..fpr

4drsleeper
05-18-2012, 09:14 AM
I didn't really mess around with iacv thou, the only ones I really touched where the coolant lines under the throttle body and the fpr vacuum line. n no I don't have a abjustable FPR

4drsleeper
05-20-2012, 03:25 PM
so here another video with wideband and boost gauge installed, you guys could see mu
problem with the idle.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i52/ahmed3188/?action=view¤t=c8b5cdd3.mp4&evt=user_media_share

waxball88
05-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Your BOV is not recirculated?

4drsleeper
05-20-2012, 03:49 PM
no its not, i took off the BOV and plugged the flange with my hand and had a friend rev the car and it was still doing the same problem.... all of my friends are saying my tune is not good

4drsleeper
06-01-2012, 10:21 PM
so i finally got my downpipe welded, wideband installed and also the afc neo installed n tuned, but im still having the decel problem. if i mess with the decel setting on the neo its fixes the problem, but on a cold start its still idles like shit unless i raise the decel to 0.08% until it gets normal then i would lower it back down to 0.06%. SO from all of this i have came to a conclusion that my problem is that my DECEL setting on the ecu are all out of wack....