PDA

View Full Version : Drunk driver crashes Ferrari 599 GTO @100 mph, kills 3 (Video)

tricky_ab
05-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Ferrari crash fuels Singapore anti-foreign sentiment | My Sinchew (http://www.mysinchew.com/node/73512)

http://images.thecarconnection.com/med/wreckage-of-a-ferrari-599-gto-involved-in-crash-in-singapore_100390408_m.jpg

Ferrari crash fuels Singapore anti-foreign sentiment
Foreign 2012-05-14 17:56
Singapore, May 14, 2012 (AFP) - A wealthy Chinese expatriate who crashed his million-dollar Ferrari into a taxi killing himself and two others has sparked outrage in Singapore, where anti-immigrant sentiment is on the rise.

Websites were swamped Monday with postings attacking Chinese and other foreigners in the city-state after it was reported that a 52-year-old local cabbie had died of his injuries following Saturday's pre-dawn accident.

The crash instantly killed the 31-year-old Ferrari driver, Ma Chi, while the taxi passenger, a 41-year-old Japanese woman, died in hospital two hours later, a police spokeswoman told AFP.

Police gave no other details but local media said the Ferrari driver was a financial adviser from Sichuan who was applying for permanent residency and already living in a Singapore penthouse with his family.

Disgruntled locals seized on the incident as another reason to attack the government's immigration policies and the presence of more than a million foreign workers and professionals in the crowded city-state.

Foreigners are blamed for pushing up living costs, straining public transport and stealing jobs, with mainland Chinese bearing the brunt of attacks.

The Straits Times newspaper said the Ferrari was a limited-edition model that Ma had bought for Sg$1.8 million ($1.43 million) for his 30th birthday last year.

Pictures from a video of the accident published in local newspapers showed Ma's car apparently ramming the taxi after he allegedly ran a red light following a night out with friends.

Hundreds of indignant comments were posted online.

"I hate to drag nationality into this tragedy but the stupidity of a single (Chinese) possibly drunkard driver has caused such catastrophic damage to so many people," Tan Wee Meng posted on Facebook.

Singapore's population grew from 4.4 million in 2006 to 5.2 million in 2011, largely the result of a higher intake of immigrants as well as guest workers and professionals.

The accident came two months after a Malaysian cleaner at Singapore's Changi Airport was killed after he was hit by a taxi hijacked by a Chinese guest worker.

The government's more open immigration policy was a hot issue during the general elections in May 2011 in which the ruling People's Action Party garnered an all-time low of 60 percent of the vote.Usually, videos are somewhat inconclusive, but I really don't think it's the case for this video.

8JfAaOABk4g

The driver of the car the camera is in is EXTREMELY lucky he wasn't driving as fast as the taxi.

word sux
05-15-2012, 03:57 PM
what a moron...

thats a hard hit no way anyone was going to survive that

HyperTek
05-15-2012, 04:01 PM
these type of accidents make me really hate alcohol . I do enjoy a mixed drink or beer every now and than at social events, but alot of people just don't know how to handle it. I know this is unrelated, but i never supported underage drinking.

Corbic
05-15-2012, 04:09 PM
these type of accidents make me really hate alcohol . I do enjoy a mixed drink or beer every now and than at social events, but alot of people just don't know how to handle it. I know this is unrelated, but i never supported underage drinking.

Drunk driver should be beaten in the streets when caught. :picardfp:

OutlawLui
05-15-2012, 04:34 PM
alcohol and Ferrari don't mix, rip to the innocent people

K_style
05-15-2012, 04:49 PM
Wow... wow... wow....

R.I.P

T-boned...

slydin240sx
05-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Holy shit.

That's horrible....

speeddream
05-15-2012, 06:51 PM
fuuuuuk RIP to them. That ferrari sliced right thru hat cab.

BarrigaS14
05-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Holy shit. That was my first reaction. Wow.

Pinggg
05-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Drunk drivers.. Stupid for taking another innocent life.

SimpleS14
05-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Was it confirmed he was drunk?

I read about this earlier this week and was disturbed by the reckless act of the GTO driver.

I had no idea there was an immigration issue in Singapore too.

mantas
05-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Wow!! Im just surprised how well the cabin of the gto held up. Drunk driving is one thing but texting and driving....now that is one hell of a problem we got in this country, almost everyone around me is doing it while i drive to and from work. We gotta make texting and driving punishable by death, at least the drunks are under the influence of a substance and their judgment is impared but the aholes with their phones in their asses are doing it while sober. I read that in NY walking and texting is illegal - finally less aholes bumping into things and getting run over by cars.

HyperTek
05-15-2012, 11:13 PM
there have been times when i was drunk and still had enough sense to just sleep in the car instead of drive off.

turbo_dreams
05-16-2012, 12:18 AM
Cab driver didn't even get the time to hit his brakes. Shame that a successful young person caused such a tragedy. R.i.p

Moy12
05-16-2012, 01:02 AM
And that is why I never take off when the light turns green.
You never know when someone will take a red light.
R.I.P

jamg
05-16-2012, 01:13 AM
you guys have any idea what it's like to have close to 6 million people live in a place like singapore? lol

props to ferrari, the remainder of the car didn't look as bad as i thought it would after the wreck.

TougeSR20Kid
05-16-2012, 03:01 AM
Oh my... Poor people, that video is nuts... Ppl in the car filming are probably happy as hell they hesitated at that light

Om1kron
05-16-2012, 04:03 AM
don't believe the driver of the ferarri was drunk at all, nor has anything I've read indicated such. a rough translation of the conversation being had states the taxi driver was a bit hungover from the night before.

At the beginning, it sounds like the lady says something about sleeping in the morning. She's familiar.
Dude says something about not being drunk.
She says whenever he's drunk, she's something.
He says he's a little drunk.
They laugh.
KABOOM!

tricky_ab
05-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Ahh, this is where we vanish down the rabbit hole. Ma Chi was cremated without autopsy, which is bizarre given the outlandish circumstances of his death.

Read speculation about why here:

http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/20...at-high-speed/ (http://temasektimes.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/video-of-fatal-bugis-accident-red-ferrari-crashed-into-comfort-taxi-at-high-speed/)

and here:

http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?1...-Job-12-of-May (http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?117013-Ferrari-Driver-Died-Taxi-Driver-Injured-On-The-Job-12-of-May)

http://i.minus.com/ikFTpxSLOUwx0.gif

The rear glass keeps going. Literally the impact is so strong the car is torn from the rear glass and it goes forward, intact, for a frame than is sucked in the collision. Insane!!!

Highway Riding
05-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Holy hell that was a hard hit! RIP to those who lost they're lives

Matej
05-16-2012, 12:11 PM
I had no idea there was an immigration issue in Singapore too.
Today, there is an immigration issue in every country that is not a depressing dump. And most of them are not fond of foreigners who are not tourists. :)

Corbic
05-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Today, there is an immigration issue in every country that is not a depressing dump. And most of them are not fond of foreigners who are not tourists. :)

The irony is that if you live in Germany, Korea, Japan, the Middle East and a dozen other countries with immigration issues and say "Stop Immigration" you are a fucking Hero. People applaud your nationalism, cultural pride and protection of the domestic working classes.

You say "Stop Immigration" in America... Your vilified as a racist, hate mongering imperialist.

mantas
05-16-2012, 12:34 PM
The irony is that if you live in Germany, Korea, Japan, the Middle East and a dozen other countries with immigration issues and say "Stop Immigration" you are a fucking Hero. People applaud your nationalism, cultural pride and protection of the domestic working classes.

You say "Stop Immigration" in America... Your vilified as a racist, hate mongering imperialist.

Amen!!! My aunt is an illegal she got areested last week and hopefully gets deported. My family asked me to help with her bail and i told them good let ICE deport her. The reason people make it an issue is because most illegals are hispanics. Who cares what color one is, if you are illegal - gtfo! In this economy americans are willing to take crap jobs trust me.

Black R
05-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Wow that light had been red for so damn long too...

HyperTek
05-16-2012, 01:19 PM
at late night i usually get cautious about intersections for this reason.. Like how many people fly through freeway off ramp exits to make a left right in front of you...

Corbic
05-16-2012, 06:13 PM
at late night i usually get cautious about intersections for this reason.. Like how many people fly through freeway off ramp exits to make a left right in front of you...

Yup, I got hit at 2am at a 4 way stop when I was 18. They took the whole front clip of my car off. Drunk asshole doctor and his nurse. They completely destroyed her husbands car and she ended up in the hospital.

mantas
05-16-2012, 06:45 PM
I do that too. I chill at intersections and i never drive in the right lane unless i have to. That way i can see if some idiot is leaving a driveway or is goin through the intersection. I know this sounds unbelievable but i almost got hit 3 times by cops running the red with their lights on. One time we stopped nose to nose and both took off in our directions. Another time i did see or hear a cop until i was in the intersection and had to gun it to get through. And the first time was actually in a one way, there was a cop chase going on i was out doing deliveries and had the radio on, i was about to go through a green and noticed the flashing lights in the corner store windows and slowed down - sure as hell some jackass runs the red followed by cop cars and helicopters.

collegekid
05-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Wow coming home from work, I saw a minivan "parked" in a gas station sign 2 minutes from my house, I saw the lambo video a few thread up, and I just saw this shit and all I can say is holy fuckballs I will slow down. It's weird, I drive fast in my parents 06 honda, but when it comes to the 240, its all slow cruisin. Anyway, I know better now

Kaizen.
05-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Everyone that reads this thread needs to look twice before crossing the intersection when it hits green. I almost got t-boned by a camero once because i knew he wasn't going to make the red, luckily i saw it coming and waited, he ended up running the red. Lifes too short already, waiting an extra second or two can really save your life. Dont forget if you die, its not you suffering, its those around you that will.

kanekoa28
05-17-2012, 07:05 PM
I always look both ways twice especially now that I have my daughters with me. Drinking and driving= stupid

mantas
05-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Everyone that reads this thread needs to look twice before crossing the intersection when it hits green. I almost got t-boned by a camero once because i knew he wasn't going to make the red, luckily i saw it coming and waited, he ended up running the red. Lifes too short already, waiting an extra second or two can really save your life. Dont forget if you die, its not you suffering, its those around you that will.

I saw a uhaul type of truck run a red at 50-60mph yesterday after the green was on for about two seconds. The guy could not stop and honked while running the light. Im glad he thought of honking because two cars were just taking off when he blitzed through the red.

BOROSUN
05-17-2012, 08:54 PM
i almost happened to me today.

what got to me was..Mfer honked at me like it was my fault.