PDA

View Full Version : Any Honda Ruckus fans?

Grendel
05-14-2012, 01:24 PM
I've been wanting a Ruckus for a few years, finally got me a 2012 should be here tomorrow.

In about 6-8 months I want to do a 150cc GY6 swap. I see a lot of people do this with a fat rear tire mod but I'm not sure if I want a fat or skinny rear tire.

I asked on some other Ruckus boards but they aren't too helpful. Was wondering if anyone over here has experience with them

I'd like to get some Volk or Watanabe looking rims for it, haven't been able to find anyone who makes those.

Phlip
05-14-2012, 01:26 PM
It's been discussed

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/339342-ruckus-scooters-peds.html

BarrigaS14
05-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Nope. I like stuff made for men...like a motorcycle, not a scooter.

BongateerZ32
05-22-2012, 04:17 AM
^agree sorta. I like the hooked up ruckus thing, but unless u live in san francisco, new york, or tokyo, it just doesnt work. I want to get one, but my lack of vag keeps me going through with it. Where 95% of people live, theres something called a freeway. Plus u will always look like youre riding a toy when a real bike rolls up next to u.

dawagarage
05-22-2012, 04:57 AM
^ +1. i wanted to get one when i moved from seattle to sd but like bong said, theyre only practical in dt area kinda places. it's illegal to take them on highways (they dont meet the minimum CC requirement.) i love the rear fat tire look but hate the riders stance (of a scooter.) ended up getting a gsxr 750. i dislike scooters for the fact that they just dont have the power to get you out of trouble if ever some should find you.

a guy on craigslist sd is selling his GSXR 600 powered ruckus, though
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/535140_10150989977523755_507548754_12248941_207565 6879_n.jpg

!Zar!
05-22-2012, 10:59 AM
...unless u live in san francisco, new york, or tokyo, it just doesnt work...

lolllllll Trying to ride a ruckus in SF (let alone the hills) is a death wish.

I'd imagine the same could be said for NY / TYO.

A ruckus seems better suited for suburbs and cities that don't have high traffic.

Treat them like a goped or something...

I find them cool to hop on for an errand or two; mostly because of the novelty factor. But in the end I would much rather be out on my bike than a scooter.

imnatelol
05-22-2012, 11:34 AM
I have one, I use it to commute to work about 15 miles one way. It beats the hell out of driving my fd or evo which I can't get more than 14 mpg from.

WanganRunner
05-23-2012, 12:09 PM
I built mine back when I worked in downtown DC. I usually just kept it in the office parking garage, used it to ride around to get lunch, etc. For this purpose it's perfect, as you can park it anywhere in the city (no plate, park on sidewalk), it can dart through alleys, go places a "real" vehicle can't go, etc.

Trying to sell mine now, along with a Ninja 250. I'll keep the Super Cub and then I'd like a Royal Enfield.

Edwin562
05-23-2012, 12:30 PM
my buddy has one, rode it and i love it. cute lil buggers... I want one now....

T chop
05-23-2012, 01:53 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/535140_10150989977523755_507548754_12248941_207565 6879_n.jpg

I'd ride it.

word sux
05-23-2012, 06:58 PM
just another hipster fad

if your going to get a scooter at least get one that you can really use..

no one rides these in nyc because you can get around faster and cheaper on a bike

ericcastro
05-23-2012, 07:51 PM
A Ruckus is basically Rice.

You either go with a bike cause you like to ride, and can use the freeway.

Or you get a moped cause you like to turn wrenches and squeeze every last mph out of something from the 70's.

But scooters/ruckus are kind of silly.
and to build a scooter is even lamer.

From the outside, it may sound like im talking out my ass, but once your in the 2 wheel thing and meet others, Ruckus/scooters get no respect and are considered a douchers toy. lol

Bubbles
05-23-2012, 09:47 PM
A Ruckus is basically Rice.

You either go with a bike cause you like to ride, and can use the freeway.

Or you get a moped cause you like to turn wrenches and squeeze every last mph out of something from the 70's.

But scooters/ruckus are kind of silly.
and to build a scooter is even lamer.

From the outside, it may sound like im talking out my ass, but once your in the 2 wheel thing and meet others, Ruckus/scooters get no respect and are considered a douchers toy. lol

I own two bikes and whether you own a Harley or a Ruckus I couldn't give a shit.

Ruckus's are boss, mpg's out the ass, you probably won't ever have to work on it and at one point you will cruise it drunk.

I will agree that I don't personally see much point in building them but it doesn't offend me that people do.

dawagarage
05-23-2012, 10:12 PM
I don't associate ruckus' with hipsters. the first few ruckus' I ever saw we're projects of tuner shops. hipsters are busy with their fixies

ericcastro
05-24-2012, 01:07 AM
I don't associate ruckus' with hipsters. the first few ruckus' I ever saw we're projects of tuner shops. hipsters are busy with their fixies

Hipsters dont ride fixies.
If you ever see a hipster on one, they are so last year, and it wont be fixed, just a coaster thats a poser, lol. fixies were to hard, and hipsters moved onto spending thier parents money on other shit while avoiding real jobs.

If you like Fatlace/illest, you"ll love Ruckus.

If you want a communter scooter, they are way over priced, but not to bad. would be safer to have something a little taller though, especially in traffic.

Silentoreo34
05-24-2012, 01:26 AM
I had one for about 6 months(drove it for 2 while it sat for 4 in winter). They are cool and really a perfect daily if your not driving far/faster speed limits. Mine was basically stock, stock motor stock frame just minor stuff done to it. Good little project if you have the extra time/money for it or if just want something to go to work/the store. GY6 swap are really nice for just being able to go faster, because stock motor even at WOT and going downhill only be able to do just about 45-50(big hill) but really suck going up big hills only doing 30-35. If I could go back I'd probably keep it and GY6 it but at the time I just wanted the money so I parted it.

Best thing to do imo is try and find a GY6 as a whole one came up on craigslist for like 300 bucks(running too) full frame/motor/brakes which would have gave me the perfect chance to get all the parts needed for the swap.

dawagarage
05-24-2012, 01:30 AM
^ hmm this might be true nowadays... im not really up to date with what hipsters do, luckily i dont encounter them TOO much because this city is mostly people who dont care (lazy/beach bums/hippies/etc)

yokotas13
05-24-2012, 06:19 AM
for the money id buy a used burgman, maxxam, forza whatever

STR8 H8N
05-24-2012, 06:32 AM
buy mine

ive had it for 2 years

its an attention whore

dawagarage
05-24-2012, 10:34 PM
wellhttp://www.50centloseweight.com
that's a deep subject

BustedS13
05-24-2012, 11:09 PM

internet car forum hipsters. you know, guys who buy a lot of hats, have roof racks on their 80s japanese station wagons, own vinyl plotters, etc etc etc

not those pitchfork fucks.