PDA

View Full Version : TX 90 SIL80 Low Miles Ton of New parts

eracer
05-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Make: Nissan
Model: 240sx SE Hatchback
Year: 1990
Transmission: Manual
Miles: Chassis 90k Engine 30k (500miles since all new parts)
Title: Clean in hand
Price: $6900obo

HIGHLIGHTS:
- fresh SR swap with all parts replaced
- Siliva front end (fits like stock parts, no gaps or sags)
- NEW A/C
- low miles
- MANY NEW parts
-Work done or inspected by reputable shop
-Invested over $15k in parts and labor in the last year...

HISTORY:
I bought this car without an engine because it had a rust-free straight body. The previous owner kept it on on blocks for quite a while because of a failed SR swap (which accounts for the low miles). My goal was to build a reliable daily driver that I could take to a track day now and then. I kind of went overboard and got a fresh SR and replaced all the parts and gaskets I could (without getting into the internals, which have perfect compression so I was not worried).

I also HAD to have AC living in Texas it is a requirement for any Daily Driver. It turns out everything had to be replaced with new parts and the compressor could not be rebuilt. Good luck finding a shop to rebuild an old SR compressor. I sent it to 3 of the best places and they were stumped. Then the shop I took it to found out an 02 Maxima compressor works and would be much easier to maintain in the future. The A/C alone cost me about $5k.

The swap and some of the work was done by mechanic I know the rest was done by a reputable shop B&B here in Austin. I made sure they went over everything with a fine tooth comb to make this car as reliable as possible. The result is it starts and idles smoother than any SR I have seen and drives like a new car. Boost has never been set to anything but stock level, because of the intake and exhaust it feels and sounds pretty strong. I have put about 500miles on the car and 80% of that was just going from the shop and back. NEVER TRACKED or ABUSED. I am selling the car because now that I have everything done to it I don't think it is going to be comfortable enough a Daily Driver for my needs. I think my last car (a new BMW 335d) spoiled me... Plus I already have a couple of other project cars to work on and am starting my own business and could use the capital. I have spent over $15k on this car (I have all the paper work and receipts) and I know I am not going to get that back. So my loss is your gain. You might find some cars for a little cheaper but you won't find one with lower miles and with almost all new mechanical parts. It has a clean title not a salvage.

INTERIOR
-New Silvia floor mats
-New REAL Nismo Shift knob aka "Dildo Knob"
-New Autometer Phatom II Mechanical Boost gauge
-New Autometer Phatom II Mechanical Oil Pressure gauge
-New Autometer Phatom II temperature gauge
-Dash is in good shape
-Recarro Speed Seat w/ custom modified Bride Ultralow brackets. The seat fit but I wanted it as low as possible and perfectly centered so I took it to a machine shop to be modified. I have a new bride ultra low passenger bracket that I will throw in. ($250 value)
-Schroth 4-point racing harness. It isn't currently hooked up but I attached the lower bolts while the seat was being installed because I knew it would be hard to reach that one later on... It would take a matter of minutes to finish the install.

EXTERIOR
-OEM S13 Silvia Front bumper
-OEM S13 Silvia Metal Front fenders
-OEM S13 Silvia Tripple projector headlights with brackets
-OEM S13 Silvia Side lights
-New OEM Amber clear turn signals
-OEM S13 Silvia Front grille (Big Letters)
-OEM S13 Silvia rear view mirrors (They have motors to fold in with a switch, have not hooked up switch)
-New VIS Silvia Carbon Fiber hood (This is the good one, it fits like a stock hood, no gaps or warping)
-New OEM rear hatch seal
-S14 wheels (tires are in not in good shape...)
-Aluminum "Deep" lug nuts. They are made to work better with an impact gun and can be easy taken off with gloves on.

ENGINE
-SR20DET Engine, wiring and transmission from ZeroLift (about 30k miles)
-New OEM Oil Pump and gaskets
-New OEM Water Pump and gaskets
-New Nismo Thermostat
-New S14 Oil Pickup
-New Oil Pan and gasket
-New Cometic Headgasket
-New ARP headstuds
-New Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
-New Mishimoto dual slim electric fans with shroud
-New Silicone black radiator hoses
-New Thermostat for fans
-New Nismo Motor Mounts
-New Circuit sports coolant overflow can
-New Blitz short ram intake
-Greddy Type RZ BOV
-New CXRacing Front Mount Intercooler
-New Circuit Sport 3" Turbo Elbow
-Megan 3" Down Pipe
-New Magnaflow 3" High Flow Catalytic Converter
-New Custom 3" Cat Back Exhaust
-New Walbro 255 fuel pump
-Fuel tank - Had tank cleaned and resealed at radiator shop
-New Z32 fuel filter
-New Bosch battery w/warranty
The engine was setup to be as reliable as possible with the potential to add serious power if I wanted down the road.

A/C
-Freshly Rebuilt 02 Maxima compressor
-Custom built A/C lines to match up to compressor
-R134 Conversion
-New Condenser
-New Dryer
-Evaporator core (had cleaned at radiator shop)
-New AC head/control unit
-Wired relay so that the idle control value adjusts for when the compressor kicks on

DRIVETRAIN
-New B&M short shifter
-New Royal Purple Transmission fluid
-New Spec Stage 1 clutch kit
-1995 J30 LSD
-New Red Line Diff fluid
-New Nismo transmission mount
-New Ichiban 5 lug conversion with bearings
-Had clutch Fluid bled

BRAKES
-New Hawke HPS Pads
-New S14 rotors
-Had Brakes bled

SUSPENSION
-Tokico Blue shocks and Springs
-New front tower mounts
-New Front control arms with bushings and ball joints
-New tie rods
I had Soul Speed adjust the coil overs and inspect the suspension. They pointed out that I need new control arm bushings and tie rods but everything else looks good. Thanks to the low miles. The car does need another alignment now that those new parts have been put on.

THE BAD (Don't be scared of this length of this section I am being EXTREMELY detailed and I have adjusted price accordingly for work that needs to be done):
- Needs some cosmetic work. Got an estimate for $500 from an expensive body shop to repair all dents and scratches.
- Needs paint job. Pretty obvious from pictures. I was planning to wrap it in vinyl so I was not really concerned about the color.
- Windshield is cracked got estimate for $100
- Needs inspection. Need to repair windshield first...
- Interior is missing a rear seat and a couple trim pieces. I priced them out to about $40 if you go to a junk yard or find some one parting out. There are a few scratches here and there. See pictures for more detail.
- The little hole that holds up the hood is cracked. Still works and hardly noticeable.
- I think I broke the Autometer temp gauge when I was mounting it in the new aluminum panel I made. I may have miss wired it but haven't had time to troubleshoot. The stock gauge works fine and when autometer was working the car never got over 200 degrees when the gauge was working before I mounted it.
- Key is old and you need to jiggle it sometimes, it still works just fine. I am sure $5 at a locksmith will get you a new one that won't have any problems.
- Diff and steering rack seep fluid, may need to check it once a year at current rate. I got a new DIF gasket for the LSD but since it was so minimal it hasn't been a priority. I also got DIF bushings to put in while the diff was out.
- A previous owner or shop jacked up the car on the frame rails and crushed them a little in the middle. This is pretty common on most cars and there isn't really much of an issue it is more cosmetic than anything since it is a uni-body, but any competent body shop could make them like new for an hour or two of work.

EXTRA PARTS:
New DIF LSD gasket
New DIF Aluminum LSD bushings
Strut tower brace - not sure the brand
Car Cover
Bride Ultra Low passenger seat bracket

I have some other new parts but I plan on selling them or returning them to recoup some of my losses.

eracer
05-18-2012, 09:22 AM
To answer some questions / PMs:

Yes I will help with shipping (within reason) I can pick you up from the air port or meet you where ever around Austin. I will need some money up front first though.

The wheels I will throw in are s14s.

I will be dropping the price in a few days but I will take best offer.

eracer
05-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Significant price drop... I am also going to be swapping the Tein coils out for the Tokico shocks and springs. Will drop the price again to compensate.

DualCamKid
05-23-2012, 11:03 PM
No trades huh

uneekvisions
05-24-2012, 08:56 AM
You live in my friends neighborhood, car caught my eye the first time I saw it. It's funny I was telling my friend before you posted for sale, I wonder if he would ever consider selling it and then it comes up for sale.

Really clean car with a lot of time and money invested, I hope it goes to a good home!

GLWS!

eracer
05-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks uneekvisions. You should swing by some time to chat, I work from home most days and love to talk cars :).

eracer
05-24-2012, 09:55 AM
I MIGHT consider a trade for a TDI, Rx7 Turbo II, or conversion van to tow with.

uneekvisions
06-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks uneekvisions. You should swing by some time to chat, I work from home most days and love to talk cars :).

You're welcome! Yea that sounds like fun. Have you seen the Black ZL1 Camero that's in the neighborhood?

eracer
10-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Lowered price. I can drop further by taking off more parts...