PDA

View Full Version : quetion about s13 wiring diagram

captainismo
05-08-2012, 06:10 PM
hey guys n gals, can you tell me what the dashed lines surrounding certain wires on my 1993 nissan 240sx eccs wiring diagram mean? one wire for example is the white wire for the knock sensor going to terminal # 27 on the engine wiring harness. there are also circles at the end of the dashed lines indicating one or more wires its been tracing... :wtf:

army240
05-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Are you talking about the shield around the wiring? If yes, this is a shield to protect against Electro magnetic field... to prevent noise in the signal... the shield is then grounded.

Frank

captainismo
05-08-2012, 08:01 PM
well if we are talking about the same thing then i think im making a breakthrough.. ive been pulling the trouble code 21 and cant seem to locate the issue causing the problem

captainismo
05-08-2012, 09:05 PM
so if the diagram shows the dashed lines tracing the wires from the power transistor to the ecu that would then be a signal wire right? the white wire from my power transistor is what the signal is sent through to the ecu when im trying to start my car? im not getting spark and pulling error codes 21 and the knock sensor (code 34 i believe?) ive also used a coil, power transistor from my running daily and still no luck.