PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy from anyone who emails you with wcurtis451!!!

SilviaDoctrine
05-08-2012, 05:40 PM
I posted in the WTB section that I was looking for a Vertex Ridge Widebody. He PM'd me saying to email him at [email protected] He said he lived in the UK and was willing to ship the kit for $1650. He posted pictures of the kit, which were pictures I have seen before from a previous seller. He asked for Money Gram or Western Union payment only :bs:! I later found out that he had recently joined the forum, and that other members were contacted by him for other parts. He conveniently had the widebody I was looking for, a diff somebody else was looking for, and suspension. He told me he was in the UK, he told them he was in Orlando. After I emailed him to send me detailed pics and to accept paypal, he never responded. People like him...no words...only have actions in my mind...

I hope no one fell for his schemes.

JdmDrift4Food
05-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Yup I got an email also from this tool, I knew right away and emailed back saying "scam."

RileyRennert
05-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Did he give you an address by any chance? I think I just got scammed by the same guy using a different name. I guess he could just use others addresses as well...but literally the exact same thing happened to me..except I fell for it. $200 later, sent through Western Union to the UK, guy is saying its seized at the borders and I have to pay more money to get my item.

rancid240
05-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Did he give you an address by any chance? I think I just got scammed by the same guy using a different name. I guess he could just use others addresses as well...but literally the exact same thing happened to me..except I fell for it. $200 later, sent through Western Union to the UK, guy is saying its seized at the borders and I have to pay more money to get my item.

That sucks man. Anytime the seller is in a different country (Canada is fine) it's the first red flag, then if you need to wire the money, just run for the hills. Your real only way to fight back is hopefully you bought the wire with a CC....not sure if they even let you do that though.

koukisilvia123
05-11-2012, 07:56 PM
I think i got an email from this guy, he asked for only Money gram or western union. Says his name is David Reeves. [email protected] If they dont take paypal, dont pay. There is no reason someone cant take the 5 minutes to set up a paypal, if you have a name, an email address, and a bank then you have a paypal. Its as easy as that

Jonathong
05-12-2012, 02:53 PM
I think i got an email from this guy, he asked for only Money gram or western union. Says his name is David Reeves. [email protected] If they dont take paypal, dont pay. There is no reason someone cant take the 5 minutes to set up a paypal, if you have a name, an email address, and a bank then you have a paypal. Its as easy as that

this guy emailed me, when i was looking for front end parts, I was so desperate I almost fell for it just because I really needed the parts good thing i didn't though he kept making excuses about his paypal account and when i asked for more pics of the actual items he said something about his camera being messed up. He even gave me his number i gave him mine but when he called me it was a different number than the one he gave me, right there I knew something wasnt right.