PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here with a 95 s14 auto to manny swap, doesnt go above 60*** Help pls***

Arubss14
05-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Hey there guys..this is my first post, so pls bare with me. I can already see the flame if I havent searched, but I tried, so here it goes:

So last yr, me and my son purchased 95 s14 which was coverted to manual. Had it stored in the garage for about a yr until my son got his DL a month ago. ITs not the best looking car but pretty decent for what we paid for it. So this will be a step by step project that were about to build together.. It did have an auto ECU, but when we gave it gas..car felt like it was jerking, sputtering, so we puchased a 5 spd ecu from a buddy of mine, and now the car accelarates smoothly but now doesnt go above 60 or so. It is throwing CEL code but I havent able to retrieve it yet.. Ive done some searching and from it seems like, could be the CPS (crank pos sensor). ? If anyone could pls shed some information, it would be greatly appreciated.
Second issue with the car is both windows dont work, but im gonna have to run some diag to see if its the master switch or the amp...

johnnysombrero
05-08-2012, 07:08 AM
First step is absolutely check codes. It might tell you exactly what is wrong, or where to start.

As far as windows go, check fuses, and try direct power to the windows first. Don't go replacing parts without troubleshooting first. You'll end up with a lot of junk and frustration.

Arubss14
05-08-2012, 10:02 AM
First step is absolutely check codes. It might tell you exactly what is wrong, or where to start.

As far as windows go, check fuses, and try direct power to the windows first. Don't go replacing parts without troubleshooting first. You'll end up with a lot of junk and frustration.

@ johnnyssombrero: That was my first step was to retrieve codes, as far as the windows as concerned, ive have checked all the fuses, they were all good. But I havent had the chance to run power to them.. Ill try and do that this weekend... Thanks...

RyanS13
05-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Have you tried to disconnect the battery to reset the computer? I had similar problems, the car went into safe mode. Disconnect the battery for like 2 minutes.

Arubss14
05-08-2012, 11:05 AM
Have you tried to disconnect the battery to reset the computer? I had similar problems, the car went into safe mode. Disconnect the battery for like 2 minutes.

No I have not.... lemme try that later when he gets home from school.. is this with the auto or 5 spd ecu?...thanks for the tip...

RyanS13
05-08-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm pretty sure both ECU's have some kind of a safe mode built in. Mine was a 5 speed. It might not fix the issue, its something to rule out though.