PDA

View Full Version : narrow escape from jail time

gsracer
02-05-2004, 07:25 AM
hey guys listen to this ,

last night at about 2 o clock in the morning i met up with a friend of mine who has an s13 with sr t3/t4, apex power fc the whole nine, so i park my s14 in a parking lot by my house and , and jump on the expressway and go for it, so i make my way up the on ramp get on the expressway and go thruogh the gears, the expressway was desserted i tell you not a soul in sight except for the highway patrol man parked on the other side of the overpass hiding. :rl: ...... well you can imagine my surprise when im coming down from 115 mph and see his headlights on my ass in my rear view mirror at this speed (in case you downt know highway patrol in florida drive 2002 camaros) but he didnt have his policee lights on so i though it was just a camaro that wanted to race... so i punched it again in fourth and pulled in to fifth and the came the blue lights.... when he pulled me over he walked up to my car ver calmly, he was a pretty young guy and asked me if i had any idea how fast i was going when i passed the overpass , (well at this point you need to realize that i figured i was going to jail because the speed limit in that part of the expressway was 45 mph.) i told honestly office the speedometer on this car reads in kph and i was really looking ( i lied i pegged the 180 kph long ago , he told me i passed the bridge at 133 mph, the he said to get out of the car and pop the hood, this was pretty strange to me, as the behavior was not normal ass like police behavoir, then he started asking me questions like what size turbo is that and i pointed to my friend and saifd ask him its not my car, well it turns out the this fhp office is building a turbo mustang and was impressed when or little 4 cyl walked away from his trooper camaro at 100 mph, he told me that im lucky it was him and not someone else becasue i would be in jail and car impounded etc, and to go home and not try to race state troopers any more, lol aint that some shit not even a warning i got very lucky sorry for the long post.

Red
02-05-2004, 07:58 AM
I hate you!

I got pulld at 114 and got the back seat of a not so comfy police car...

Once again... I hate you!

:)

Rownan
02-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Damn, that's awesome. That cop totally had you by the balls.

Jeff240sx
02-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Damn, that's awesome. That cop totally had you by the balls.

LOL! Turbo mustang. Try walking from that. Mustangs make so much power on not so much money. My auto shop class built a 1400rwhp sc mustang. Yes, I was project foreman.
Anyway, yea, bastard fhp driving in their camaro Z-28 (you left out z-28). Those are much harder to run from than their old lady cop cars.
-Jeff

s13chica
02-05-2004, 11:45 AM
I hope you realize how lucky you are! In the state of california if you are going over 100mph you can get assault with a deadly weapon..which is a felony! At best you will get off with 2 points on your record, and a 30 day impound!

I'm cutting my speed governer tonight...I hope I'm not tempted to go as fast as you did!

TRUENOCOUPE
02-05-2004, 11:56 AM
I call BULLSHIT.

-E-
02-05-2004, 12:06 PM
if this story is true I gotta say you are on lucky SOB

gsracer
02-05-2004, 12:11 PM
I call BULLSHIT.

lol, ok good for you it was just funny how lucky i am, its not the first time ive been stoped at 100 plus mph and got off with out getting a ticket, i did get pulled over doing 107 mph in my s14 and got a warning, but maybe he felt sorry for me because i had seven points on my license and another ticket would have had my licese suspend for a year not to mention like 19 speeding tickest, guess im not really thak lucky after all, i just got 4 points removed from m license though so im down to three, believe what you will the truth is out there :drool:

Flybert
02-05-2004, 12:22 PM
I hope you realize how lucky you are! In the state of california if you are going over 100mph you can get assault with a deadly weapon..which is a felony! At best you will get off with 2 points on your record, and a 30 day impound!

For my ticket over a hundred, it was just a speeding ticket. 2 points with no chance of traffic school and a 1 month license suspension, not car impoundment. If he would have given me reckless driving, then I would have gotten a misdemeanor along with the other stuff but no car impoundment for all I know. They might do what you said if you have a kid in the car, but who drives that fast with children in the car. I've looked up the laws on this stuff and have never seen something like what you said.

Burmonster
02-05-2004, 12:27 PM
lol, ok good for you it was just funny how lucky i am, its not the first time ive been stoped at 100 plus mph and got off with out getting a ticket, i did get pulled over doing 107 mph in my s14 and got a warning, but maybe he felt sorry for me because i had seven points on my license and another ticket would have had my licese suspend for a year not to mention like 19 speeding tickest, guess im not really thak lucky after all, i just got 4 points removed from m license though so im down to three, believe what you will the truth is out there :drool:

It seems like you have a history of doing stuff like this.
Be careful, luck doesnt last forever and you will end up hurting yourself or someone else

s13chica
02-05-2004, 01:22 PM
For my ticket over a hundred, it was just a speeding ticket. 2 points with no chance of traffic school and a 1 month license suspension, not car impoundment. If he would have given me reckless driving, then I would have gotten a misdemeanor along with the other stuff but no car impoundment for all I know. They might do what you said if you have a kid in the car, but who drives that fast with children in the car. I've looked up the laws on this stuff and have never seen something like what you said.

I'm suprised you didn't get a car impound, I guess that must be at the discretion of the police officer. I'm guessing you wern't too big of a dick to the officer who pulled you over.

The assault with a deadly weapon is the harshest thing that can happen. I have talked to an officer about this, and he said that it is a possibility. If they feel that you are not only putting your life in danger, but that of others, they can charge you with this. I guess maybe if you are being stupid at a time of day that there are other people on the road...

gsracer
02-05-2004, 01:26 PM
yea i know luck doesnt last forever, all of those tickets i got all of them i got where when i was sixteen to like 18.5, whwen i was really stupid, im 21 now and sincec i turned 19 i have not gotten any tickets. i got a lot smarter since then thats why we got on the expressway at 2 oclock in the morning to do the stupidity that we did. i know thats an oxymoron. point is i did it in a place where the only person we could have hurt were ourselves.... you will have a better chance of winning the lottery than catch me racing through any public street or residential area or place where i could hurt anyone but myself or the other fool racing next to me... lol

matlock
02-05-2004, 01:30 PM
You are damn lucky, thats kinda cool the cop just shot the SH1T with ya afterwords....I can't believe you didn't even get a warning or anything. It doesn't seem like yuo learn your lesson lol....Just make sure you don't kill anyone out there when you are bustin @ss at 133mph, and it's all good. I just can't believe that lol, he just let ya go.

gsracer
02-05-2004, 01:31 PM
yea i know luck doesnt last forever, all of those tickets i got all of them i got where when i was sixteen to like 18.5, whwen i was really stupid, im 21 now and sincec i turned 19 i have not gotten any tickets. i got a lot smarter since then thats why we got on the expressway at 2 oclock in the morning to do the stupidity that we did. i know thats an oxymoron. point is i did it in a place where the only person we could have hurt were ourselves.... you will have a better chance of winning the lottery than catch me racing through any public street or residential area or place where i could hurt anyone but myself or the other fool racing next to me... lol

ps i know the expresway is a public street but it was empty so it was ok.

gsracer
02-05-2004, 01:34 PM
You are damn lucky, thats kinda cool the cop just shot the SH1T with ya afterwords....I can't believe you didn't even get a warning or anything. It doesn't seem like yuo learn your lesson lol....Just make sure you don't kill anyone out there when you are bustin @ss at 133mph, and it's all good. I just can't believe that lol, he just let ya go.

after he talked about the car he did give us a lecture and told us how dangerous what we did was and how mant horrible accidents hes seen and that it was stupid and such but thankfully we were doing it at a time when there was no traffic, he was pretty nice he told us to not do it again becasue next time we would not be so lucky, you bet your ass i learned my lesson next time i wont be pretending im on the wangan in tokyo with the vielside supra next to me.... :loco:

fliprayzin240sx
02-05-2004, 08:57 PM
LOL! Turbo mustang. Try walking from that. Mustangs make so much power on not so much money. My auto shop class built a 1400rwhp sc mustang. Yes, I was project foreman.
Anyway, yea, bastard fhp driving in their camaro Z-28 (you left out z-28). Those are much harder to run from than their old lady cop cars.
-Jeff
Well im in the military with florida tags but doesnt live in FL. But last yr I went out that way to see my grandparents in St. Pete. I had a feeling that I was gonna get nailed by one of them Z-28s cuz the moment I took the first piss stop in FL *before j-ville* there were 6 of em jes chillin there. Well a wk later goin out towards talahasse...I out did myself. I didnt get nailed by a Z-28...I got nailed by a PIPER CHEROKEE...AKA spotter plane. When I finally got pulled over the cop was like *the reason I pulled you over was because weve been trying to catch you for 15 miles now, we got you by spotter plane awhile back.* Showed em my military ID, told em im on my way back to station from leave and gettin ready to go to IRAQ. Gave me a warning and told me to keep it below 90 atleast *i was doin 97mph on cruise*

nightwalker
02-05-2004, 09:14 PM
if you are military, cops are soooooo much more leanant on you. My buddy has been stopped so many times speeding, and every time he flashes his Navy ID, he's let off with a warning.

ca18guy
02-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Being in the military has helped me 0 times with highway patrol (2 tickets)
it did help me with local cops (pulled over once but I knew they had nothing on me because I was doing dead on speed limit, they tried telling me that I was racing a VW that passed me, I wasn't I was just cruising home)

WilloW
02-05-2004, 09:43 PM
to go home and not try to race state troopers any more.

Damn you're lucky. :D

matlock
02-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Well im in the military with florida tags but doesnt live in FL. But last yr I went out that way to see my grandparents in St. Pete. I had a feeling that I was gonna get nailed by one of them Z-28s cuz the moment I took the first piss stop in FL *before j-ville* there were 6 of em jes chillin there. Well a wk later goin out towards talahasse...I out did myself. I didnt get nailed by a Z-28...I got nailed by a PIPER CHEROKEE...AKA spotter plane. When I finally got pulled over the cop was like *the reason I pulled you over was because weve been trying to catch you for 15 miles now, we got you by spotter plane awhile back.* Showed em my military ID, told em im on my way back to station from leave and gettin ready to go to IRAQ. Gave me a warning and told me to keep it below 90 atleast *i was doin 97mph on cruise*

97MPH in a 97 Kouki, coincedence, I think not haha.....that's cool that you got out of it and that they spotted you with a plane haha. I have never been pulled over, but I try to keep my wildness off public roads (doesn't always work)