PDA

View Full Version : RPMs doesn't past 2k - 2.5k and temperature gauge drops - Video

Xyle
04-30-2012, 11:56 AM
95 Ka24de Cluster not reading RPM - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDfZvVkU5p4&sns=em)
(disreguard that noise, it's just a spray paint can rolling around lol.)

No codes show on ECU and I've changed the ECU once already.
On rare occasions it works fine but since I bought the car it's had this problem.

Anyone ever had this problem?

Sileighty_85
04-30-2012, 01:00 PM
MAFS related

Whole custer is all fucked up.

Its probably not going past 3-3.5 but the tach is just jacked up.

Xyle
04-30-2012, 03:57 PM
MAFS related

Whole custer is all fucked up.

Its probably not going past 3-3.5 but the tach is just jacked up.

Have you ever seen this problem before? I mean speed and gas level work fine. Is it possible to switch the tach with another cluster? Like switch the odometer and mph tach to one with higher mileage? While using the other gauges from the other cluster?

ultimateirving
04-30-2012, 09:26 PM
If just the temp gauge is messed up, and it wont run past 2.5k, check ur CTS. how does it run when its cold.. a little better? worse?

Xyle
04-30-2012, 09:29 PM
What's a CTS? The cars performance that i know of isn't affected by this. I'm gonna try switching clusters maybe the motors are done on this one.

Frank_Jaeger
05-01-2012, 12:39 PM
What's a CTS? The cars performance that i know of isn't affected by this. I'm gonna try switching clusters maybe the motors are done on this one.

Coolant temperature sensor.

Xyle
05-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Thank you for clarifying that up. I'm sure it works fine cause when my clutch fan gave out the temperature gauge would shoot all the way up at idle. Took off the four bolts of the fan and spun the spring for more tension and problem was solved.

Usually on hot days it will work even after some burn outs... Very weird.

Xyle
05-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Fixed my issue by swapping odometer/mph to a another cluster. But during movement the temperature gauge goes down but at a slower pace then what I have in the video.

Mishkin_707
05-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Could be your thermostat, turn the heater on it the car, let it warm up and drive the car, see if the hot air gets cooler, there are two sensors for the cooling system, the single pin sends signal to the gauge cluster to show you the temp, the other sensor (CTS) is a red 2 pin connector, right next to the the black single pin connector, the coolant temp sensor (CTS) is the 2 pin, you need to check that one, it sends signal to the ecu telling it if the car is warm or cold, if it malfunctions it will screw with your car, mine malfunctioned and it was making my ecu think my car was cold and in result it was dumping excess fuel like if my car was in the warm up process even though my car was and normal operating temp causing my car to flood with fuel and die, idle badly, fuel economy was compromised badly, and it wouldn't rev.

To test it, warm the car up and go under the hood disconnect the red two pin connector and see if anything changes.... Hope this helps

Xyle
05-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Just to update, I change that black sensor and it fixed the temperature needle problem. Cluster working as good as possible. Thanks for the help!