PDA

View Full Version : s13 sr20det tuninig help

2legit2quitt
04-30-2012, 03:41 AM
hey guys i have been looking everywhere online and on different forums too trying to figure out what to use to tune my car. right now the sr20 (redtop) is completely stock but i am planning on going with 500cc injectors, t28, z32 MAF, and FMIC. i hear a lot of people saying different things so let me know what you guys think will be the best way. (no, im not going full standalone, yes it is the best but just not worth it because ill only have a few minor mods on) so let me know your opinions on emanage, enthalpy tune, nistune, safc, ect.. :goyou:

shagspeed
04-30-2012, 08:35 AM
hey guys i have been looking everywhere online and on different forums too trying to figure out what to use to tune my car. right now the sr20 (redtop) is completely stock but i am planning on going with 500cc injectors, t28, z32 MAF, and FMIC. i hear a lot of people saying different things so let me know what you guys think will be the best way. (no, im not going full standalone, yes it is the best but just not worth it because ill only have a few minor mods on) so let me know your opinions on emanage, enthalpy tune, nistune, safc, ect.. :goyou:

Best IMO is MegasqurtPNP2 for SR20DET
Second is Nistune

Here's the scenario most people follow ..

ECU tune Large MAF and boost controler then may electric fans at some point.. Add the cost of all and the MSPNP does all for less combined and a much better job... The MSPNP runs MAP sensor built in for up to 44psi. No need to buy a MAF.. Boost control does open or closed lo control and boost vs speed or anything else you want. The silinoid is $45 extra much less then a stand alone controler . You can also run wideband sensor for target AFR. And has built in controls for fans,N2O,water injection or whatever.. This is why IMO its the best and overall in the long run most cost efective..

If you want Nistune there okay.. I have installed a bunch of them. I install them into the ECUs so I could help you out if you need .. Hope this info helps you out.. Take care and best of luck ..

Nicelyphe
04-30-2012, 08:51 AM
Just looked up the MSPNP2, actually looks like a very nice investment..How's it compare too stand alone's such as apexi?

shagspeed
04-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Just looked up the MSPNP2, actually looks like a very nice investment..How's it compare too stand alone's such as apexi?

IMO apexi is not very good .. its extramly basic and bang for buck Megasqurt is the best. It does some stuff MoTec can't even do .. it can even canbus to a microsqurt to control auto trans .. it can do staged injection for cara that need 4000cc of fuel and to idel at 850 rpm

2legit2quitt
04-30-2012, 03:16 PM
If I had more money I'd go with aem but since my car won't have anymore I want something cheaper and solid. I'll look into megasqurt since I'm hearing a lot of good things about it. Btw can I use apexi safc?

shagspeed
04-30-2012, 06:50 PM
If I had more money I'd go with aem but since my car won't have anymore I want something cheaper and solid. I'll look into megasqurt since I'm hearing a lot of good things about it. Btw can I use apexi safc?

Just curious. What is in AEM that you think is better than the Megasquirt? I'm going to see if I can sell you on the idea or maybe you to me the AEM

2legit2quitt
04-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Well I don't really know much about megasqurt but aem I kno u can get a few tunes easy runnin anti lag 2 step launch control all those goodies but I don't want to go aem because the mods I'm planning on having are only a few minor ones. Like I said t28 z32 maf 550 injectors and boost on 12-15 pounds

Nicelyphe
05-01-2012, 08:18 AM
So the squirt has on the fly tuning straight through a laptop, can be tuned anytime, easy to adjust at the dyno, pretty much all the pro's of other stand alones + extras, for a great price? Someone sell me on this set-up :P