PDA

View Full Version : fast and furious zen?

andrave
02-04-2004, 12:46 AM
why does he decide that two big tanks would be better than one?
standalone engine management AND an aic? nos fogger AND direct port injector? redundancy? perhaps he should have spent the extra cash on.. welding up the holes in his floor plan (those rivets don't hold out) or zip tying that pesky stainless braid off the ground.
Also, in the opening scene why the **** is the passenger side door swinging openon the truck? why does it start with dual axles in the back and switch to a single axle? Why when they lay the parts out for the supra does it show a bunch of duplicate parts as well as parts that are for other cars? How does making a computer image of a supra help you build it at all?
Why when you shoot a car, flames appear on its surface, causing the NOS to blow, shooting it 5 feet in the air? Why is it a "long story" about why the trans hate dom, when in reality it finally takes him about 10 seconds to explain? if dom has been dating leddy as long as his sister says, at what point did he sleep with tran's sister? does tran even have a sister? If you walked in on a guy breaking into a shop by smashing out the window and sneaking in, why would you assume he was a cop? If brian was the only other guy who knew about the tran's DVD players, would they believe it wasn't him who "narced them out?" Why do they put soap numbers on the cars in the race wars scene when there is no timing equipment? With all the talk about a 1/4 mile at a time and a 10 second car, why do they never actually run a timed quarter mile race in the entire movie? what the **** is a motec system exhaust? why would you run incredibly large (for a small 4 cylinder) T66 turbos on a very high compression naturally aspirated race motor (spoon engines)? why does brian drive his lightning into the curb? Why does his eclipse always spin out at 140 mph? If he fried the piston rings how does he drive the **** out of it so hard 5 minutes later when he is running from the cops? How the hell do you blow the welds on the intake manifold with nitrous? If its a 1/4 mile from the light to the railroad track, so what? if you actually ran a 1/4 mile you would hit the tracks at your trap speed, jumping and wrecking every time. Why do the supra's windshield wipers come on when it jumps the tracks? How many speeds does the eclipse have anyway? 7? When dom is racing the charger why the hell doesn't he just redline each gear and floor it? he is shifting gears like a maniac and it shows him changing his position on the throttle way too much. Why does jesse think that ducking down in his signature jetta would make him less recognizable? Why didn't the police arrest the trans for blowing up brian's car? If the truckers are going for vigilante justice, why not just let them? thats what happened anyway. Why do they line up to street race and then WAIT for the police scanner to pick up another call? why not just go, since if the cops are coming you might as well get it over and done with before hand. Why is victor trying to get on the NIRA circuit? there is no trying, you just do. Why does he even try with a car that has hydraulics? Why does he pronounce nira? Why CANT he pronounce his last name? If the girl tells edwin that she is his whether he wins or loses, then why when he loses does she leave him? What is wrong with the microwave? If dom's sister doesn't date dom's friends, why was she dating vince when brian came into the picture? Did you if you take it frame by frame you can see mia's nipple when she is changing shirts at the house? Why is it vince's fault that no one got dom? seems like there were plenty of other people with cars and oppurtunities. Why do the cops respond so quickly? they "get a report of street racing" and less than 5 seconds later the entire california highway patrol descends on them. Why can't a twin turbo supra catch up with a couple dirtbikes? Why doesn't brian shoot the trans on the dirtbikes when he sees them, instead of staring at them and letting them shoot at him? What difference does it make when you shoot your nos? if you were a real racer you wouldn't need a button on the steering wheel, you just let it turn on with WOT. Why doesn't the supra spin both tires when it races the ferrari? supra TT's had lsd. Why couldn't you tow the wrecked supra across the finish line? Why does the eclipse have its reverse lights on when it spins out at the stadium if he was going 140 in 7th or 8th gear when it spun? Why does his shifter make all those loud click/clinking noises when he shifts? If he ignores his laptop, what good does it do to have it open in the first place? What the hell is that one girl who rides with tran's pack have on her back?

Thats all for now

Jeff240sx
02-04-2004, 01:31 AM
And you're what.. 3 years too late? 5 years? When the hell did F&F come out? Either way, even if you're moaning about 2F2F, you'd still be a few months late.
-Jeff

DRFT
02-04-2004, 01:37 AM
you wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooo late doooooooooooooooooo

that was when the time bad was cool and fresh was cool.......

kandyflip445
02-04-2004, 06:21 AM
It's cause you start to realize more and more what things were wrong the more you watch it.....which makes another question....WHY DO YOU PAY SO MUCH ATTENTION TO A SHITTY MOVIE? lol

Phlip
02-04-2004, 06:45 AM
Yeah, but while we are on the subject, what int he bloody FUCK on that Eclipse made it an $80,000 car? That is a question I have had, along with a lot of the ones posed by the original poster, but I recall that the damn movie came out June of 2001 and decided that the time would leave the questions better unasked.

derux
02-04-2004, 07:29 AM
hey it is just like in T2 when the semi jumps off the bridge into the creak the front windows fall out. Then a few scenes later the T1000 knocks the windows out after he goes under the bridge or something.

Movie magic....thats all...

nokeone
02-04-2004, 10:35 AM
hahaha...that's actually pretty funny....and while it's old and outdated...still quality observations...:)

nightwalker
02-04-2004, 10:47 AM
I can't even sit through the whole movie.

andrave
02-04-2004, 11:41 AM
THATS how it is man, you are like "dude lets watch a film" you know, just something to put some "atmosphere" out, like I leave the tv on all day so sometimes I just put a DVD in... and it happens to be fast and furious, and the more I watch, the more the little things bothered me...
You know what is really really weird though? Last night, from as far as I can tell, right around the time I wrote that, my car got smacked in the parking lot. driver's side door and 1/4 panel are pretty well gone.
I don't think its a coincidence. fast and furious is the shit. I take back everything I said.

nokeone
02-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Karma...dissin dom and spilner like that...best ta recolize...

TRUENOCOUPE
02-04-2004, 11:54 AM
Andrave is trying to be cool. another wannabe bashing F&F. Fucktards. Its a fucking movie. Shietface.

andrave
02-04-2004, 12:01 PM
yes I'm too cool. way too cool. *slicks hair back into mullet and jumps in IROC*
lata.

HiPSI
02-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Yeah, but while we are on the subject, what int he bloody FUCK on that Eclipse made it an $80,000 car? That is a question I have had, along with a lot of the ones posed by the original poster, but I recall that the damn movie came out June of 2001 and decided that the time would leave the questions better unasked.

it think it was all the carbon fiber VINYL they used to make the hood appear as if it were actually carbon :hahano: :barf:

and to go along with the "blowing the welds" comment, how do you blow welds on a cast manifold that has no welds? :goyou:

derux
02-04-2004, 02:48 PM
maybe he used some JB WELD...

Ghettokracker71
02-04-2004, 02:54 PM
it think it was all the carbon fiber VINYL they used to make the hood appear as if it were actually carbon :hahano: :barf:

and to go along with the "blowing the welds" comment, how do you blow welds on a cast manifold that has no welds? :goyou:
nah...thats a JBL audio show car now....its real carbon fiber

EDIT:...DSM's are not bad platforms when built correctly....The thing that ever got me to consider getting a 240sx(I drive a 91 fastback) is b/c my parents wouldn't let me get a DSM or an RX7 and it was the closest thing to both they'd let me get.....AWD and 4G63E is a pretty good drag racing combo.....I personally am a HUGE fan of the 4G63E....that car should no way no how be $80 grand though....I mean,for that....the thing better have an all carbon fiber body,full roll cage,....6 bolt block conversion .....hell,a 2.4 L full race stroker (I forget wich company makes them... :(...but they make 240-ish without a turbo...and the compression is 8 1/2.1 or 9.1...don't remeber,but the long block alone runs you $2,800ish) and a clipped and ported big 20G or even bigger turbo.....carbon fiber driveshafts(AWD weighs kinda alot) .....that thing would have such an unreal launch (if built right with abudget of 80K....plenty of $$ to build the car,and make bets!!!)and have enough ass after that to be at least neck-and-neck with that RX7 TT(pending on how the RX was built) :whip:

HiPSI
02-04-2004, 03:30 PM
nah...thats a JBL audio show car now....its real carbon fiber

when i saw the car at nopi nats it had a fake carbon vinyl covered hood :Ownedd: i laughed for hours.

HiPSI
02-04-2004, 03:32 PM
oh, and there's no such thing as a 4G63"E". it's a 4G63T :doh:

Ghettokracker71
02-04-2004, 03:37 PM
tell that to Jun:
http://www.junauto.co.jp/news/index-e.html

and

http://www.upgrademotoring.com/performance/jun/oilfillercaps.htm

Ghettokracker71
02-04-2004, 03:38 PM
when i saw the car at nopi nats it had a fake carbon vinyl covered hood :Ownedd: i laughed for hours.
yeah your right....JBL has the FF MAXIMA not the eclipse...got them mixed up....sorry about that

http://www.jbl.com/car/featured/installs/maxima.asp

Ghettokracker71
02-04-2004, 03:39 PM
OH! and Hyundai...

http://www.frautoparts.com/FREngine/hyundia.htm

EDIT:The 4g63T was the turbo engine...your right,but the NON-turbo in the eclipse and other applications was the 4G63E.....its a common misunderstanding that the 4G63T and E was the same....but the "E" in the eclipse had completely different pistons...and slightly different head giving it super high compression

RBBaby
02-04-2004, 03:51 PM
most useless thread ever.

Ghettokracker71
02-04-2004, 03:53 PM
most useless thread ever.
Even though its mostly my fault...I agree

matlock
02-04-2004, 04:46 PM
Wow, that movie is so old and I just keep my comments to myself about it, it sucks. I like some of the cars in it. And I love how there was a skyline in it and nobody even noticed it and as soon as 2F2F came out everyone was ilke wow that silver skyline is the shit. I think GhettoKracker71 is toally whoring this post too haha. I can't believe someone would fake carbon their hood, but I guess people do worse stuff than that, like trying to pimp out Cavaliers and whatnot. Thats what my town is about, spinner hubcapzzz and p1mp Cavaliers.

andrave
02-04-2004, 05:01 PM
yeah but the eclipse in fast and furious is a GST FWD, not a GSX AWD... so it should have been even cheaper to build!

ryan hagen
02-04-2004, 05:25 PM
i heard it was a n/a show car they used in fast and the furious, notice the bov noises taht hit randomly as he shifts his like 13 speed tranney

Ghettokracker71
02-04-2004, 07:44 PM
Wow, that movie is so old and I just keep my comments to myself about it, it sucks. I like some of the cars in it. And I love how there was a skyline in it and nobody even noticed it and as soon as 2F2F came out everyone was ilke wow that silver skyline is the shit. I think GhettoKracker71 is toally whoring this post too haha. I can't believe someone would fake carbon their hood, but I guess people do worse stuff than that, like trying to pimp out Cavaliers and whatnot. Thats what my town is about, spinner hubcapzzz and p1mp Cavaliers.
lol...I'll keep my peace:)

tew photy
02-04-2004, 09:51 PM
actually, it was a Eclipse GS, because it did not have the sunroof that came with the GSTs. wow, i know a lot of useless crap

andrave
02-04-2004, 11:59 PM
actually the roof had a giant air intake on it, so who knows what it looked like prior to ricing.

ryan hagen
02-05-2004, 12:19 AM
i wondered what would happen if you put that vent on the roof with a open scoop but then not have it go any where, lol, like a top speed restrictor. lol i think its for ventaltion or cooling in rally cars? but i think they even route it into rear engine cars? i dunno i was trying to figure out the use, the best thing i could think of for it on a 240 is route it to a fuel cooler or something.......maybe a/c delete

02-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Why is victor trying to get on the NIRA circuit?

name's hector ;)

sorry i just had to be picky, haha.

DRFT
02-05-2004, 12:34 AM
hes going legit hommie, and hectors on a ton of movies!!!

Bruce almighty, SWAT and a few others i cant name right now.

matlock
02-05-2004, 12:46 AM
Most of the MR2's use them for engine cooling but they are sidemount. I have also seen roof scoops on many rally cars. I am sure Paul walkers was added for cool factor haha.

andrave
02-05-2004, 10:32 AM
yeah its from ralley cars, they have a door inside the scoop that they open... but I've never seen one use that "top fuel" style scoop on the roof. cause thats gay.
sorry, hector, victor, they all sound the same to me. yeah, hector.

Jeff240sx
02-05-2004, 11:32 AM
yeah its from ralley cars, they have a door inside the scoop that they open... but I've never seen one use that "top fuel" style scoop on the roof. cause thats gay.
sorry, hector, victor, they all sound the same to me. yeah, hector.

Did you all enjoy yourselves? I could have sworn I locked this after my first post.
-Jeff