PDA

View Full Version : Yup another Digital cluster problem...

Low_life209
04-28-2012, 09:58 PM
So i know someone is gonna wirte back SEARCH!!!, i know i did search i been trying to figure this thing out and ran out of idea...Yes im a NOOB in 240's this is my 2nd one...not to familiar with them.

Problem: Sometimes my digital cluster works, some times it dont...swaped it for another one and same issue...I went through all the wiring, checked for blown fuses, cut wires, damage to the clusters and noting. Also the HUD dose the same thing...So i swapped out the cluster for an analog cluster with the sub harness, switch the Tach's and everything works..except the damn MPH, Still has the same issue.Works for a few seconds then stops.

So my question is can it possibly be the speed sensor?? Seeing how its completely stock wires untouched? Or dose anyone else have a suggestion someting i can try?

The car is a 92 240sx se. coupe

Thanks in advance for your time.

cmg
04-29-2012, 12:12 AM
Try hard wiring it from the sensor to the cluster harness right at the back of the cluster so you bypass the rest of the harness. If it works, then you have a harness issue.

Low_life209
04-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Is that my.only option here? I dnt thinkbits the harness its completely untouched. My question is will a bad speed sensor make the digital cluster not work?? As in the MPH on the cluster isn't there not nor on the HUD.. will the speed sensor do that or will it just show up ad 0mph??

iveexcaped3
04-29-2012, 06:50 PM
the speed sensor wont shut off your whole cluster just the rpm and mph if its all shutting down id take a look at the ground wire or power wire could have a break in it but still inside the wire sleeve

Low_life209
04-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Everything else work just not the MPH. That's the only thing that goes off.

iveexcaped3
04-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Then yes your speed sensor might be bad