PDA

View Full Version : Isis oil cooler with OUT relocating filter? Issues?

jacobzking
04-28-2012, 07:16 PM
I found a thread that was a few years old, but nothing recent... who has installed an Isis oil cooler directly to the block without using an oil filter relocation kit? Where you able to keep the oil pressure sender in place? Any fitment issues?

I'm confident in the kit itself, as I've only heard good thing about it, just not sure if there's enough room to install it without relocating the filter.

4x4le
04-30-2012, 01:36 AM
It was a pita. I dont think I would have been able to come up with a solution with my engine in the car but lucky for me (and possibly you) I was able to. You will probably have to take your intake manifold off in order to get to it. Mine is still off and I may be able to get some pictures that are clear of what I did.
I was unable to keep the stock oil sender in place. I may have been able to if I didnt want to run pressure and temp off of the new block but Im not sure.
I plugged off the stock oil sender and ran a small braided line off for the aftermarket sender, you could plug in the stock sender to that though if you would rather have a light that lets you know when your engine is already gone. My light never even told me when my last engine was gone.... so no faith in that anyways.

Ill see about getting you some pictures. I almost wish I would have just made my own oil cooler kit and used a relocation, but the isis was a gift from the wife so I made it work.