PDA

View Full Version : Throttle doesn't return all the way, revs stay high (1500rpm)

jacobzking
04-26-2012, 05:57 PM
*****SOLVED*****

On my SR, when I let off the gas the throttle doesn't return back to fully closed. I have an aftermarket throttle pulley on the car (needed it for the swap anyway). Any help?

when i installed the pulley, i just removed the old one and tossed on the new one. seemed simple (just the pulley and and bolt to hold it on). am i missing a spring or something?

PS: it is definitely an issue of the throttle not closing all the way. i can go push the throttle pulley and it shuts and idles around 850rpm. also, i've already adjusted the cable itself and checked the screw for the throttle stopper.

*****SOLVED*****

ultimateirving
04-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Im pretty sure in the factory TB, there is a spring that should be connected the pulley, that winds up when the throttle is opened, make sure that sping is still there i guess.

This could be totally wrong, im going off memory from my SR. If this is a KA then i have no idea =)

jacobzking
04-26-2012, 09:51 PM
problem is that the "j hook" on the TB spring was not wrapped around the inner lip on the TB pulley. for anyone installing a tb pulley, you have to:

remove old pulley by removing the 12mm nut.

once its out you have to pull/slide the spring assembly towards you, almost all the way to the edge of the bolt (if you don't move the spring towards you, you wont be able to slide the new pulley on AND slide the hook on to the pulley).

put the new pulley in front of the bolt, but don't slide it on yet.

first wind the pulley so that the "j hook" grabs the slot on the new pulley.

now, you can rotate the pulley so that you can slide it in to position, on to the bolt.

tighten bolt.

attach throttle cable.

done.

Walperstyle
04-27-2012, 02:41 AM
^award for followup!