PDA

View Full Version : North Korea threatens nuclear strike....

worangejuice
04-23-2012, 08:36 PM
North Korea issues unusually specific threat | The Envoy - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/north-korea-issues-unusually-specific-threat-152720861.html)

North Korea threatens to turn 'rats' of opposition into ashes.....
North Korea's military vowed a new and unusually specific threat to its neighbors, saying it would reduce South Korea "to ashes" in less than four minutes.
The statement, released Monday when programming was interrupted on North Korea's state TV by a special report, comes amid rising tensions on the Korean peninsula.
Earlier this month, North Korea was unsuccessful in a long-range missile launch, prompting worries that North Korea may conduct another nuclear test. South Korean officials say new satellite images show that North Korea has been digging a tunnel in what appears to be preparation for a third atomic test.
According to the Associated Press, the statement from North Korea was unusual in promising something soon and in describing a specific period of time.
The North Korean military threatened to "reduce all the rat-like groups and the bases for provocations to ashes in three or four minutes, (or) in much shorter time, by unprecedented peculiar means and methods of our own style."
For months the North has castigated South Korean President Lee Myung-bak and the conservative administration for insulting their leadership and criticizing a new cruise missile capable of striking anywhere in the south.
South Korean officials responded, urging North Korea to end the threats. "We urge North Korea to immediately stop this practice," Unification Ministry spokesman Kim Hyung-suk said, according to the Associated Press. "We express deep concern that the North's threats and accusations have worsened inter-Korean ties and heightened tensions."
Meanwhile, in a meeting Sunday with a North Korean delegation in Beijing, China's senior official on foreign policy praised the leadership shown by North Korea's new young leader, Kim Jong Un.
The meeting follows the April 13 launch of what the United States called a disguised ballistic missile test by North Korea. The rocket disintegrated minutes after launch.
-- With reporting by Ron Recinto

What do you guys think?
Main opposition being South Korea? I'm sure the Yankees are involved.
Should the nation be shut down via own warheads? to prevent their outlash?

cgtdream
04-23-2012, 08:49 PM
This happens evertime they arent getting there way with something. In this case, the food aide that they were going to get but didnt due to the whole rocket incident.

To be honest i doubt they would have the real capability or balls to do something. Just keep on living your life....worry about 2012 and the end of the world, lol..

worangejuice
04-23-2012, 08:55 PM
ha yeah, South Korea probably already has them in check, they are a super race

KiLLeR2001
04-23-2012, 09:11 PM
SK plays StarCraft. You don't think they are 30 moves ahead of NK by now? haha

ZX88
04-23-2012, 09:14 PM
starcraft problems

lucky7
04-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Does anyone in the North have any idea how "outgunned" they are by the rest of the word? Serious question.

lflkajfj12123
04-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Need more minerals

dawagarage
04-23-2012, 09:53 PM
nuclear launch detected.

redline racer510
04-23-2012, 10:50 PM
I think it is a possibility kim jong un will probably get within a few minutes of launching one just to boast his military might. If it does happen I don't think the US will help them as we have just been through 2 wars and are in no condition to go through a third one especially one that doesn't have any natural resources like petroleum as reimbursement, just saying. BTW election season doesn't help.

S14DB
04-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Yeah, cause their last missile launch went oh so well...

RiversideS13
04-24-2012, 12:17 AM
i think without china's help they are just losers. i don't think NK has enough resource to fight with anybody.

all show no go
04-24-2012, 12:20 AM

Lol, Imagine a war full of that technology.

BarrigaS14
04-24-2012, 01:04 AM
I wish NK would attack. Then SK would strike back and make Korea whole.

WERDdabuilder
04-24-2012, 01:22 AM

ah found it...

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/rocketprobep1.gif

LoneStarSilvia
04-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Loooooooool

Matej
04-24-2012, 01:48 AM
The only way that North Korea could ever be not a joke is if it turns out that China has their back. In which case things may get quite ugly.

lucky7
04-24-2012, 05:14 AM
^ Worst case scenario. NK is really interesting though. I've seen a few documentaries, and while I'm sure they're not 100% accurate, it's fascinating. The people are like zombies.

redline racer510
04-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Yeah, cause their last missile launch went oh so well... launching one isn't the same as getting it to hit something,lol.

K_style
04-24-2012, 11:45 AM
They just want food support.. that's how they "express" their HUNGER.

Walperstyle
04-24-2012, 11:50 AM
China is not going to back North Korea in any war. Especially against the United States.

....why would you go to war with your largest income provider?

driftsilvias13
04-24-2012, 01:43 PM
I am going to Korea end of the week. Hope nothing happens.

K_style
04-24-2012, 01:47 PM
I am going to Korea end of the week. Hope nothing happens.

Take me with you !

LOL

atom
04-24-2012, 03:49 PM
North Korea always comes off as some petulant child. Like they gotta save face after they botched their missile launch.

"Stop laughing at our missile test or we're gonna NUKE you!!!"

lflkajfj12123
04-24-2012, 04:05 PM
I wonder if when the government of north korea is eradicated the citizens will be able to function in society normally.

atom
04-24-2012, 04:40 PM
All signs point to no.

mxLBywKrTf4

Decent watch if you got an hour to kill. Some straight up Stockholm syndrome up in here.

Trap Star
04-24-2012, 05:02 PM
They just want food support.. that's how they "express" their HUNGER.
If thats what they wanted they should have honored our deal that would provide food aid if they stopped pulling shit like nuclear and missile tests.

They know how fucked they'd be if they did anything. I doubt they will do anything major if anything at all (in terms of an attack on the south).

K_style
04-24-2012, 05:23 PM
If thats what they wanted they should have honored our deal that would provide food aid if they stopped pulling shit like nuclear and missile tests.

They know how fucked they'd be if they did anything. I doubt they will do anything major if anything at all (in terms of an attack on the south).

You know why ?

Because their mental is not "Normal"... we won't understand why they are pulling this kind of crap...

MadScientist
04-24-2012, 05:53 PM
North Korea is so cut off by everyone they are officaly moving backwards.

That OP sounds like everyone is picking on the fat kid whos on the brink of nerd rage!

Matej
04-24-2012, 07:04 PM
The only winning move is not to play.

How about a nice game of chess?

dawagarage
04-24-2012, 07:14 PM
im not worried, thats what these are for:
http://media.defenseindustrydaily.com/images/SHIP_SSBN_Ohio_Class_Tubes_Open_and_Full_lg.jpg
(SSBNs, capable of carrying 24 nuclear missiles) as well as our ssns & ssgns

Walperstyle
04-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Behind the scenes, North Korea....from a couple of Canadians (full episode available on DVD, and on OLN network)

Departures - North Korea - School - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr3lt34bnWQ&feature=BFa&list=PLA3153122B6DC6559)
The last video is not from Departures.

this aint bad either
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24R8JObNNQ4&feature=related