PDA

View Full Version : no breaks, help!

Silvia716
04-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Just got my car on the road, so it would be nice if i had some brakes so i can drive it. I did a z32 break swap{front calipers and BMC only} bout a year ago never tried to bleed it till yesterday. I bleed it 2 different ways and still my pedal was down to the floor. so I’m wondering if there is any specific part I need to raise line pressure? any help is appreciated

dawagarage
04-21-2012, 01:17 PM
*brakes.
so you did the swap a year ago... have you driven it within that year but only now decided to bleed it?

fliprayzin240sx
04-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Gravity bleed them and keep the master cylinder from drying/running out of fluid. If you got access to a vacuum pump, that would make your life easier.

iBlaze240
04-21-2012, 09:28 PM
what ways did you bleed it?

my preferred basic method is to have someone on the pedal to pump it up. Then go furthest nearest, furthest nearest, on the procedure for bleeding the brakes, and make sure to use fresh fluid and pump until there are no more air bubbles. And keep an eye on the master cylinder and make sure it doesn't run too low or dry.

Silvia716
04-23-2012, 12:55 PM
i gravity blead them, i just bought a vaccum bleeder and did it that way, i had a friend pump the breaks and blead em, changed the bmc from z32 back to stock and blead em all 3 ways again and i still have no break pedal, i did the install a year ago and the car has been sitting since then just got her on the road about a week ago and the breaks are the only thing stoping me from driving it

ryandriftingfat
04-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Make sure all your lines are tight.

Similar thing happened to me on my build. Looked and looked and found that one of the 10mm line nuts was just slightly loose and was letting some air out. No problems after tightening.

Silvia716
04-25-2012, 07:30 AM
^ that completely slipped my mind ill have to check that out thanks

iBlaze240
04-25-2012, 09:37 AM
I forgot to ask earlier. Have you removed the clutch dampener assembly? If not, that is most likely your culprit. Just remove the hard line and re-route to the sllave cylinder