PDA

View Full Version : TCU Or Fuse?

NismoS13Kings
04-20-2012, 02:36 AM
whats up guys. Well after dropping in a rebuilt KA24E, i was having some wiring and ground issues. I noticed that once i put the battery cable to the top bolt on the starter my taillights and cluster lit up. However that is not where it is supposed to go, it is supposed to go on the bottom bolt on the starter and when i plug it up there my taillights and cluster do not work at all except when i have my brights on the only thing in my cluster that lights up is the indicator letting me know my brights are on. Now i have no idea if the cars cluster ever worked since i have not driven it in a year from when i bought it (had rod knock) and i just now got the money to rebuild the motor. I searched and everyone says that the timing control unit is what may need to be replaced if your cluster does not turn on, and that the T.C.U. could have gone out if someone installed a aftermarket stereo and/or alarm (which my car had both) but i just armed my alarm and my cluster lit up! i have no idea what this means and im wondering if anyone has run into this issue?