PDA

View Full Version : Real life superheroes?

TougeSR20Kid
04-18-2012, 07:08 PM
So has anyone else seen this HBO documentary called "superheroes"? It's kinda entertaining. Fucking citizens arrest and mace to stop drug dealers and criminals, what a joke lol. There are a few ppl that look like they could actually do some damage, others just seem like comic nerds emerging from their video game dungeons to act like a badass, and some are actually helping their communities which I can respect... But what do you guys think?

For the record the superhero from Orlando is fucking priceless. He looks like an old homeless dude, getting drunk and punching stuff around his apartment to show how tough he is, going to bars and hitting on girls while "on patrol". Florida fails even at superheroes? Haha

A18
04-18-2012, 08:43 PM
I've seen it. That show is fucking hilarious. I can respect the guys that actually help out the community, like the ones making care packages for the homeless, but most of them just seem like total dorks that would probably end up getting injured or killed in an actual violent confrontation.

FU12
04-21-2012, 01:31 AM
That documentary was pretty interesting. I thought the care packages for the homeless was the most sensical part, the crime stopping not so much. Had the cameras not been there, some parts would've turn out differently

Walperstyle
04-21-2012, 02:14 AM
A couple guys in my home town
Teen Vigilantes in Chilliwack - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UmLeeCf5lU)

DrtyRat
04-21-2012, 06:32 AM
Florida fails even at superheroes? Haha
Even I have to laugh at that one!

MadScientist
04-21-2012, 07:36 AM
As you may know I live in New Orleans and we have a very very high murder rate... like every day!! Most people here are scared to talk even though we have an Anonymous call in and reward system for infomation, and street patrol cameras.

A superhero here would have to be a real deal Batman.. and we have plenty of homeless that need help!!

The show, although funny at times, did have a real element to it.
The guy that came out publicly that he was a Superhero, was fired from his Public Service job. His career options are limited, and his personal life is over!

Like the Bank Commercial where they give strangers $100,000 to watch for them, and the strangers don't ask for anything in return or run off. They don't get recognition, but that corrupt ass bank will steal everything you have, and use your image to better themselves.

Real Superheros are needed in our society.

TougeSR20Kid
04-21-2012, 11:08 AM
^^^^ true that where is batman when you need him... Quick someone light up the bat signal!!!!!

simmode1
04-21-2012, 05:20 PM
^^^Will Phoenix Jones do? lol

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/413084-real-life-superheroes.html