PDA

View Full Version : Auto Down Window Switch....

Soilsack
04-17-2012, 01:10 AM
I would like to start by saying I have searched extensively on google, NICO, Zilvia, etc. and have found nothing regarding my specific question.

My question for you electrical geniuses out there is: Can you fashion the 95-98 Auto Down Window Switch for the driver's side window to work on the passenger side window as well?

I would like to have both windows with the auto down functionality if it is possible. If so what kind of work actually needs to be done? Is it just a different type of switch or is there some sort of relay that needs to be installed? Let me know.

future
04-17-2012, 08:20 AM
It won't work and nor is it worth the time to make it.

End thread

Soilsack
04-18-2012, 12:57 AM
Well, respectfully, just because you don't think it is worth the time to make it work doesn't mean it isn't worth the time to me. Could you explain at least why it won't work? Couldn't I just get a door w/ glass from a RHD car and make it work?

Banana_Cute
04-18-2012, 06:59 AM
If you can acquire a regulator and window switch from the 2010 altima and somehow rig it to fit S14 door, it can work. IDK what else 2 door car has this. Mom has it on her altima.

those auto window switches have 4 clicks.. 2 up and 2 down if you notice. Need the switch and relay to do so. But everything is possible with some custom fab. GL

future
04-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Basiclly what ^^^^ said is its really not worth it because the time and effort needed and wiring is simply not enough win

Super Ertoy
04-18-2012, 10:53 AM
actually idk if you thought about this but you can buy a 530T window module and and wire it up according to diagram. if you have an alarm that works with this e.g. viper then its a plus because you can use aux function to control it. if not, the one touch programming works using the factory passenger side switch. i have one in my car and both my driver and passenger have auto up/down capability thanks to the 530T. super simple to wire in btw. only need a few of the wires from its harness to use as a window only mod.

Mishkin_707
04-18-2012, 11:06 AM
I was wondering the same thing, I don't see how it will be too much work, people wire in so many other things with relays and crap like that, why would it be any different with this situation, some people are just being lazy or don't have any idea how this works, that's why you get the people here just talking crap and never have even thought of trying this.

I want to try this in my S13 coupe, i was thinking it runs with the same relay that the windows have, Im trying to figure out if it's run soley with the actual switch or if it's run with some type of computer, I'm not worried about the work and I'm sure the OP isn't either, especially that the parts can cost so little or even nothing due to the fact of getting parts from a junk yard, Nissan vehicles are like legos, parts from other cars can fit into others, not to mention, our cars are already equipped with this feature for the driver side window, why can't we just transfer the stuff to the passenger side, I'm sure this work is mostly wiring seeing that the parts in the doors are identical no extra wiring in the regulator motors, window regulators are built the same (other than the fact the shapes are mirrored for each side)

Super Ertoy
04-18-2012, 10:52 PM
well if any of you buy a 530T and want to wire it in, i can guide you with pictures, fsm links and such. thats my last bit on this thread. peace