PDA

View Full Version : Stand alone help

sr20comic
04-14-2012, 03:06 PM
I've already decided on the Apexi power FC. But is the d-jetro worth the extra money? I'm about to order but I can't decide what to do. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Croustibat
04-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Djetro is MAP. Standard is MAF. Your choice.

sr20comic
04-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Is there a performance difference if you use a map

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Croustibat
04-15-2012, 03:18 PM
If you are asking that kind of question, you are clearly missing a lot of infos on engines. I suggest you start by learning how engines works, then learn the basics of engine management (fueling, timing, sensors) . Until then, you are going to waste your money on bad choices. btw a powerFC cannot do much more than your stock ECU. It has a bit better resolution but basically thats it, that wont net you more power, maybe a bit smoother power delivery ... if you get a capable mapper that is.

4x4le
04-15-2012, 05:10 PM
How is it you have already decided on power fc, however you dont know whether you should go maf or map?

Go to some local tuning shops, see what standalones they tune. After you decide what shop seem to shoot you strait then use whatever standalone THEY prefer to tune. Buy one of those and have them tune it.

If that happens to be power fc, ask them if they prefer maf or map and if they prefer maf see what maf they suggest you use (most likely n62)

sr20comic
04-16-2012, 01:15 AM
I decided on it cause Frank from Garage Boso recommended it. I was just asking cause I don't know the benefits from running a MAP or if its worth the extra money. I'm obviously not an expert when it comes to this, which is why I was asking for opinions and suggestions.