PDA

View Full Version : Who here had to de-rice a car?

ca18guy
01-30-2004, 08:40 PM
I just bought another Z32 but this time the car had a few extra modifications that I had to tear off. Nismo seatbelt pads, APC pedals, wierd antenna sticking out of rear glass, 19" chrome wheels (didn't look as bad as it sounds) and a very delapitated custom exhaust (half of one of the mufflers was gone)
I just got done ripping that all off of the car and I still need to rip off the spoiler and front fascia (not a bad body kit but I like stock plus I can almost pay for a paint job by selling them)

So with the recent surge in popularity of the 240sx I'm sure some of you guys had to de-ricify your cars, please tell your stories :o

keepitmovin
01-30-2004, 09:35 PM
My s13 had chrome hubcaps, but thats about it..haha

mistaanime
01-30-2004, 09:43 PM
well mah cousin had one..electric blue wit blue and white water lookin spots on the passenger and driver seats...uhh blue and white door inserts (more water spots) blue and white strip on the trunk hatch..uhh..fire chromeish red fire extinguisher, chromish red imm thinkin apc petals, fake carbon fiber shift knob..wit pinkish metal around it..uhh..strobe lights..the ones you see in the raves..that blinds you..uhh blue street glows 17 inch rims tokico blues wit eibach prokits..clear corners..the guy that sold the car use to be a fire man..I believe there was a post on it..lol..

DRFT
01-30-2004, 09:46 PM
is everythign "ish" to you?

well i didnt really have to de-rice my car but i found some dirty ass used socks in my car when i got it. It has a blood stain on it.

mistaanime
01-30-2004, 09:48 PM
nah not yours..my other cousin...yours wasn't even riced.

ca18guy
01-30-2004, 09:50 PM
well i didnt really have to de-rice my car but i found some dirty ass used socks in my car when i got it. It has a blood stain on it.

:ugh:

I feel bad for whomever has my last car, I forgot to take out my "bird doo doo" rag :coolugh:

aznpoopy
01-30-2004, 10:06 PM
i'm still in the process... :sadwavey:

externally my car wasn't that bad but it was (and is still) kind of messed up. the previous owner dropped the car on stock struts which are now thorougly messed up. he cracked numerous interior panels trying to swap out stereo components (center console, of course... but the door handle trim? errr...)the aftermarket cd player is not really installed properly and sometimes gags while ejecting CDs. the CD changer in the trunk wasn't rubbered on the bottom so the screws that hold it steady are now rusted in place. i still have a pos 'custom' weld on muffler. i also need to fix his idiot install of a K&N filter on the stock intake... only problem is that he decided to leave the IAT off b/c he probably couldn't figure out where to put it after the airbox was out. there's still an aftermarket brake pedal stuck on top of the real brake pedal... he messed up and jammed one of the screws in place so its basically stuck there now. the headlight wires are hakked to hell, probably from a ghetto superbright 'mod'... the stock ones are there now but the car stutters a bit sometimes when i turn the headlights on. hmmm... his install of subs in the back (which he took out) left numerous wires dangling here and there. i only get sound out of the rear left speaker. eh there's more but this is depressing me.

he's not even a good ricer... the muffler is so damn loud u can barely hear the music anyway. plus the 240 is a naturally loud car on the inside so the sound quality wouldn't be that good without some soundproofing or something. don't get me wrong.. the engine is fine... the tranny is fine... the car won't die on me anytime soon. it's just alot of annoying little problems... lots of headaches come spring time i'm sure.

boro240
01-30-2004, 11:49 PM
not really...just some hawaiian print seat covers, a fuzzy steering wheel cover, a dancing hula girl (shes in my room now), and a RACTIVE shift boot that was falling apart. i still need a new boot.

West
01-30-2004, 11:59 PM
We bought our 01 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS and he was the typical EBAY Racer. Blue Strut Bars, McDonolds looking Gauges, Cheap Intake, Welded on Muffler (which sounds good!, thanks boxter motor!), and a cheap Short Shifter the rattles when over 3k rpm.

I cut the gauges off without taking them off the right way since I didnt care about them, otherwise were still working on replacing stuff. Strut bars work fine... who cars. Intake is the same as any place sells... dosent effect sound so it stays for now. Muffler will stay until we get our EJ22T block and turbo the sum biatch.

But ya, this is the first car ive ever had that been riced out. Somehow I always though id come across a Ebay racer car id have to fix. O well. Everything else about the car is just what we wanted.

Rennen
01-31-2004, 02:09 AM
not really rice, but a definite lack of taste.

When I bought my car, it had a muscle car T-Handle shift knob, some crazy ass accordion style shift boot, and a horrible Baltimore Ravens dashmat. Those didn't last a week. It took a little longer to get rid of the Optimus tape deck. :rawk:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid36/p07c3703b086c4ebc3958c623b9a0c599/fd225cf8.jpg

-Matt

matlock
01-31-2004, 03:24 AM
Hey that T handle shifter is sweet dood, its like Dom Torreto style do0d.....haha, I lucked out with my car I bought it as the second owner 100% stock. I am gonna give you guys a taste of the Rice I have to deal with in my town, this is actually an "award winning" car club, and people actually think these guys are cool!
http://www.street-dreamz.com/petekit1.JPG
The Awesome Blue grille is really just some Concrete lathe from the local Home Depot, spray painted to match. The body kit was also Sheet metal screwed to the Car and don't worry washers were used and you can see the screws stick out of the side of the car. :loco: Yeah it's an auto too!
http://www.street-dreamz.com/000_0040.JPG
Check out this sweet Cavy, its got everything Auto Tranny, Base model engine, and even AIR RIDE! It used to say CAVALIER in big white letters across the side, now he opted for the "tribal" graphics Nice Flush Rear Wheels :jerkit:
http://www.street-dreamz.com/lonnie1.jpg
http://www.street-dreamz.com/lonnie2.jpg
This guy is cool too, you can't quite see it in the picture but the color of his driver's door is different because they removed his awesome "bumpin' is racin' " and Jester Decals from the door. Also Bumper and sideskirts are spray painted ;) ;) CLASSY!! You guessed it AUTO!
http://www.street-dreamz.com/scott1.JPG
And Finally Scott's Cavalier anyone noticing a trend in the cool car to work on here. Now the only respectable thing is this kid is 17 and did the fitting ofthe bodykit and shaving of the door handles and painting of the car all in a few days by himself, and he plans on going to school for automotives and the car was given to him. Still shows the level of CRAP here, cuz its auto, but wait don't worry its a Z24, :bowdown: PURE POWER!!!

I am sorry if that was really long and wasted a lot of people's time, but I was bored and thought you could all see what I have to deal with haha. I am sure it's just as bad for everyone else. I feel so sorry for anyone who has to de-rice cars, especially one like the 240 it sucks people like this get to sweet cars.

turbod240
02-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Hi Matlock, where in wi are you from. Those cars look like rhinelander's wannabe rice racers the street dreamz. I seen them at all the local car shows this summer, they all have crappy cars, the president drives a crappy mr2 with autozone yellow tint. I laughed when that crappy cavalier would roll in and the kid kept playing with the air ride. I cant wait to see their newest member is supposed to have ariced out 240.

mrmephistopheles
02-23-2004, 12:00 PM
i've had to de-'rice' a car. chrome hubcaps, shitty stereo, pinstriping, etc

smellslikecurry
02-23-2004, 12:07 PM
a dancing hula girl (shes in my room now)

i want a dancing hula girl in my room

element240
02-23-2004, 12:36 PM
eww cavaliers :rl: :axe:

well my 240sx was stock when i got her... but the previous owners obviously did not know how to maintain a car. the paint/clearcoat is peeling off like crazy and the trunk interior is shitty and there was trash under the spare tire and they didn't even leave the jack and lug nut wrench in the car :wtf:

ICKY
02-23-2004, 01:34 PM
Not really rice but the previous owner left a "Honor Roll Student" bumper sticker. Interior was surprizingly clean, almost looked brand new xcept for the floor mats, but thats typical with a 95 240. That bumper sticker is commin off as soon as i spray my car primer black.

matlock
02-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Hi Matlock, where in wi are you from. Those cars look like rhinelander's wannabe rice racers the street dreamz. I seen them at all the local car shows this summer, they all have crappy cars, the president drives a crappy mr2 with autozone yellow tint. I laughed when that crappy cavalier would roll in and the kid kept playing with the air ride. I cant wait to see their newest member is supposed to have ariced out 240.

I am from Rhinelander, and yes those are street dreamz hot rides...lol. Yes I have seen the riced out 240, SOHC, aluminum wing, hubcaps, coffe can muffler. I am sure it has improved a lot and will be better when I see it now haha. Where in wisconsin are you from? We want to hijack drop fest and make it 240SX Fest. You in?

VEX240
02-23-2004, 04:19 PM
Matlock, I feel your pain Im in Janesville and get to see that kind of crap everyday.

matlock
02-23-2004, 04:48 PM
Yeh, its rough, I hate it. I guess its good in a way because then my friends and I all have nice cars. But, I think its great how kids will be at the skatepark and I will be skating and those fockers will drive by and they will be like whoa check that thing out, and I just laugh haha :rofl: It's funny and my friend brought to my attention that on the green cavalier in the picture that the door handles are not shaved in real life yet they just used MSPaint or something lol.

ryan hagen
02-23-2004, 04:55 PM
actaully on pete's car the black one its grill mesh from apc, he works at autzone
yayyayayayayay for street dreamz, hope fully the tondao on their site takes their drunk driveing cop lovin asses away, lol to have meetings in town they made a contract to not race and so instead they drunk drive and drive with open intoxicants and are nolonger on the cops friendly list
they also drive 20mph in the 35 when they do their end of the night cruize on main street, its funny cause all the racers come and fuck with them

ryan hagen
02-23-2004, 05:40 PM

lol the local auozone did a car shwo and they all came and he played low rider on repeat for like 3 hours till someone went and turned it off, lol these guys made the rice definition.....yah thier 240 is form tomahawk i think, dark blue, 89-90, clear corners, rice can sticks out too far, aluminum double deck wing, 17's i think, not lowered, not near flush huge wheel gap......thats all i have seen of it but suposedly he has something new cooked up for this year.......lol

Ghettokracker71
02-23-2004, 06:54 PM
My 240 came with 5 spoke progressive wheels....once cleaned up,look hella better then stock hubcaps,but still....It came with an old Clarion proaudio deck,4 blown stock clarion speakers,a remote turn-on lead(wich didn't work,I might add) and interconnect cables left in the hatch(still use those patch cables!:))....and other then that,the guy kept everything 100% OEM nissan....even the oil filter when I changed it,was a direct OEM replacement he was like "yeah,I'm a fan of this baby...gotta keep it original man!" the car was impeccably maintained though:)

matlock
02-23-2004, 06:57 PM
No, I am pretty sure Pete's grille is concrete lathe from Menards, A.J. sold it to him haha. Maybe he replaced it but the stuff I saw on it before wasn't APC. But either way it still sucks lol, I think the S13 is from Eagle River, but I am probably wrong lol...thats where i thought he said he was from but either way Street Dreamz Sucks, and maybe we should sign no racing contracts lol.

turbod240
02-23-2004, 08:44 PM
I think that grill on the green cavalier is that apc grill mesh. You guys will have to take a pic of that 240 if you ever see it. Every time i seen the street dreamz group they acted all big and bad. That is hilarious that they wont race anyone. I cant beleive that anyone thinks there cars are nice. We will have to a 240 meet up and show up those little rice racing cavaliers and such.

ryan hagen
02-23-2004, 11:12 PM
yah miranda knows the guy with the white mx6 with the hks stickers on the side and the huge wing, (not pictured), and the 240 guy. they are both from tomahawk. lol eagle river ahs that beat to shit my body kit hit 6 deer and 4 parking barrier prelude......its been to alot of shows i guess and it really just has soem red interior, a busted up kit and a intake and pipe, it doenst take much to make a "show car" around here, there is that mob from tomahawk with the red celica and civic hatch that roams with the 240, all rice, eagle river has a couple accords sporting kits and wings, eery thing around here get a aluminum double deck wing first.......yah flames used to be street dreams' thing, i think it s cause they are flamers? but yah all hail the apc!!!!!

matlock
02-24-2004, 01:00 AM
Haha, that is great. Scott with the orange cavalier is from Eagle River and so is the kid with the Yellow CRX and the kid with the White accord with a leather shift boot over his auto shifter lol. Yeah we gotta get a 240 Meet for Wisconsin organized, my eyes hurt so much after looking at shitty cars all the time. I haven't seen the Civic or the Celica at all yet hehe.

turbod240
02-24-2004, 11:16 AM
havent seen any of the tomahawk cars, I live so close to tomahawk I am surprised they dont pimp around Merrill. There are a few ricers in Merrill but not too many import cars. But wausau has loads of honda's with kits, fart cans, wings everything, apc you name it. I love it when the honda boys have those apc edition emblems on their car, that kills me. I will have to take a pic of this old school sunbird with aluminum wing, apc stickers all over and dragon decals it is the funniest thing I have ever seen. I had my 240 at work 2 weeks ago and some hmong kid comes in with a done up prelude and seen my 240 and was freaking it out, he invited me to some import race gathering in wausau this summer. I just laughed, all though racing all the honda's could make me some good money. As soon as I finish my 240's this summer, we are going to show up all those ricer street dreamz gang. I dont know how anyone can think their cars are nice, and they won a few trophies this summer.