PDA

View Full Version : meter fuse keepe blowing need help!!

rsp supra
04-12-2012, 08:04 PM
What could cause jus the meter fuse to keep blowing outn it will be fibe one day. Then randomly the next day I go to start my car none if the guages are working and the fuse is blown.

rsp supra
04-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Also last time it did it before now. I got frustrated an jus drove it like than and my battery died in my way to work while the car was running. I then put a new fuse n gave it a jump and it hasn't died since. I'm lost on that problem.

fliprayzin240sx
04-12-2012, 11:13 PM
Well if the fuse keeps blowing then something is obviously grounding out. Time to bust out the multimeter, fsm and start tracing wires out.

rsp supra
10-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Ok, so i thought this problem magically went away. The car never died again and the fuse didnt blow. Then about a week ago on my way to work my dash lights go out. So im like great the tail lamp fuse. So i change that and its good then same day meter fuse again. Now a week later these fuses have been blowing randomly back to back. My dome light randomly started working also. so i pulled the fuse panel and made sure all the pins were in properly. They were so now i have to figure out whats making these two fuses just randomly blow. its getting annoying and i wanna sell the damn car every time it happens. Only think i can think of is wire for my reverse lights are hanging not plugged up, problem with meter fuse seems to happen in reverse, and i put another bulb from another cluster in mine so it would all light up. Then some of the old bulbs started goin out. I took the new bulb out and driving down the rd hit a bump and one of the old bulbs comes back on. But today it didnt light up. Thinking about just replacing all thsoe with the proper bulbs. Can someone chime n now and give me some advice or ideas here.

rsp supra
10-05-2012, 05:06 AM
update. Now the fuse blows as soon as I turn the key. This car is becoming more an more worthless every day. Might be n the fs section soon.

Chad4061
10-05-2012, 05:50 PM
was kind of having the same problem with my car...swapped in a 5spd and when my reverse light switch was hooked up everytime i put it in reverse the meter fuse would blow...i ended up just putting a fuse in and leaving the reverse light switch harness unplugged for now. was yours a original 5spd

rsp supra
10-15-2012, 10:39 PM
was kind of having the same problem with my car...swapped in a 5spd and when my reverse light switch was hooked up everytime i put it in reverse the meter fuse would blow...i ended up just putting a fuse in and leaving the reverse light switch harness unplugged for now. was yours a original 5spd

No. Two owners ago did a 5spd swap. I think I have it fixed tho. I knew my reverse lights werent comming on and I watched closely when id put the car in reverse if the fuse would blow and all last week it blew almost every time. So sat I checked the wiring for the reverse lights comming out of the fuse box(green wire) and the wire had slipped out of the connector. I put new connectors on and covered everything up. Fuse hasn't blown since.