PDA

View Full Version : fellow Universal Technical Institute, ranco ca

scott883
04-12-2012, 11:50 AM
anyone attending Universal Technical Institute rancho, ca? i go mornings for auto/diesel just seeing if theres anyone here that attends the campus in rancho!

Edwin562
04-12-2012, 11:58 AM
ditch UTI and go to community college..... I STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT.

jesse_s13
04-12-2012, 12:18 PM
ditch UTI and go to community college..... I STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT.

I was thinking of posting the same comment. But now that you broke the ice I shall agree.
I went to UTI in Sacramento waste of time.:rl::rl:

Edwin562
04-12-2012, 12:21 PM
I got butt raped by them. and it still hurts... :(

scott883
04-12-2012, 12:40 PM
lol, im fine with my decision. mainly going for the diesel/hydraulics/refrigeration part.

scott883
04-12-2012, 12:41 PM
I got butt raped by them. and it still hurts... :(

how did you get butt raped?

oscarsx
04-12-2012, 12:43 PM
they got butt raped by being bottom 10%

Sent from my DROID X2

vas570sx
04-12-2012, 12:44 PM
I graduated from the Orlando campus.

learned a lot.

landed a job working for a large tuning software manufacturer.

some guys i went to school there with are still working in lube shops.

moral of the story, its all in what you make it.

PS: I graduated 4.5 years ago and my student loans are paid off this october.

scott883
04-12-2012, 12:49 PM
I graduated from the Orlando campus.

learned a lot.

landed a job working for a large tuning software manufacturer.

some guys i went to school there with are still working in lube shops.

moral of the story, its all in what you make it.

PS: I graduated 4.5 years ago and my student loans are paid off this october.

awesome dude, ya i figured alot of ziliva trolls would attend and troll out because they didnt wanna work on the mustang or something hahaha. but ya i already got a job lined up for diesel im just going for the whole experience.

Chaluska
04-12-2012, 01:22 PM
I went to A/D/I here in houston tx, and it did teach me a little bit, i think if the school were CONSIDERABLY cheaper, it would be worth it... but UTI is a joke in the automotive industry.. Un-Trained Idiots is the only thing real "dealerships" and "shops" think of when they deal with UTI grads

scott883
04-12-2012, 01:35 PM
I went to A/D/I here in houston tx, and it did teach me a little bit, i think if the school were CONSIDERABLY cheaper, it would be worth it... but UTI is a joke in the automotive industry.. Un-Trained Idiots is the only thing real "dealerships" and "shops" think of when they deal with UTI grads

lol, well grats to you bro.

scott883
04-12-2012, 01:38 PM
i like how i asked if anyoones going and i get abunch of bashers hahaha

vas570sx
04-12-2012, 01:46 PM

oh yeah? you must know from experience. Did you go to UTI?

The one thing that I do agree with is that it is a bit over-priced. At least it was while I went there. But if you get out and take what you've learned and apply that, like you should, you should have no problem paying the student loans off... I know I don't.

It really annoys me when people bash the school. Typical Americans, "lets blame the teacher/school for us not learning anything".

scott883
04-12-2012, 01:49 PM
theres always gonna be haters, cant live off mommy and daddy forever and when they get sent into the big world alone they QQ on ziliva.

TougeSR20Kid
04-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I dunno I feel like I need to chime in... I went to a community college program that was very weak, I've had buddies that went to UTI and said it was "the shit", and then I've also had buddies that did both and have thought UTI was better... There are community colleges that offer weak programs and then there are other ones that offer kick ass programs close if not the same as UTI.

Not to mention as someone said before its all what u get out of it... I know guys with UTI degrees and just fail at life cus they put zero effort into learning everything and expected it to be spoon fed to them. On the other hand I feel like I got a lot out of my shitty community college program of literally 2 classes... And now years later after getting my bachelors I'm looking into taking some sort of more in depth auto tech program and to be honest there are schools out there that offer the same type of curriculum (with all the extra bells and whistles courses) as UTI for a lot less. Honestly I would save the money and just find one of those JC's with an awesome program.

Basically it comes down to the program and how much effort u put forth.

jesse_s13
04-12-2012, 09:28 PM
oh yeah? you must know from experience. Did you go to UTI?

The one thing that I do agree with is that it is a bit over-priced. At least it was while I went there. But if you get out and take what you've learned and apply that, like you should, you should have no problem paying the student loans off... I know I don't.

It really annoys me when people bash the school. Typical Americans, "lets blame the teacher/school for us not learning anything".

I dropped out and attended community college where I learned more because of the slower learning pace.
Landed a job working on military vehicles. Everyone has there own learning style. I just dont think spending 6 hours on a section is enough personally.

1ZlowZ
04-13-2012, 12:14 AM
I go to UTI in Rancho for Diesel. I go during the afternoons though. Might be switching to mornings a little later though after I finish the coming phase.
How far along are you?
Its my 2nd phase here about to finish 17 which I'm assuming is basic electronics, super easy for me. 97% no studying at all. :/

scott883
04-13-2012, 12:17 AM
first class on Monday, mornings right now but it may change depending on work.

1ZlowZ
04-13-2012, 12:23 AM
Oh alright, its pretty cool man. I think you'll learn a lot here.
Basic engine was a breeze.
I think I've had more hands on in my electrical class than I did on the Basic Engine Phase.
You'll learn how to rebuild an engine.
Check oil clearances, check out of round, taper, warpage etc etc etc. Pretty easy stuff.

scott883
04-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Oh alright, its pretty cool man. I think you'll learn a lot here.
Basic engine was a breeze.
I think I've had more hands on in my electrical class than I did on the Basic Engine Phase.
You'll learn how to rebuild an engine.
Check oil clearances, check out of round, taper, warpage etc etc etc. Pretty easy stuff.

awesome man, im excited to get my hands into this.

word sux
04-14-2012, 04:50 AM
uti blows

went and graduated with high grades and near perfect attendance. you pay 20k+ for a piece of paper. their teaching style is junk I went to vocational school in highschool for free and learning 10x more.

1ZlowZ
04-17-2012, 12:52 AM
What are you doing now?

UTI so far for me has been good man, nothing bad about it. I'll admit I've learned some useless stuff but so far its been good I think.

Things like rebuilding an old alternator

khabra
04-22-2012, 11:21 PM
I also went to uti in sac. I learned alot from the program, i also took the nissan course hoping to get a job at a dealership. My biggest complaint would be that anyone can pass. Some people ruin uti's name so when i tried to get a job places and they see that im from uti i already have bad rep with them even tho they dont know what kind of work ethics i have. Other than that i enjoyed my time there.