PDA

View Full Version : s14 ka problems........

rsp supra
04-11-2012, 06:30 AM
Ok. So iv been reading and searching for a while but want a more strait answer to my issue. I bought my car back n 08. It'salways had stupid cold starts. I would have to give it a lil rev and it woukd idle perfect after. Crazy thing is this is the second motor iv had n the car an fuel pump and it still does. It. It used to be auto and was swapped to a 5spd. Idk if the auto ecu could cause that or not. Anyway now to my recent problems. A few months ago I nothiced that comming to a stop the the idle would drop really low. Even stalled like twice. But as soon as it dropped it would come back up to around 800 and be fine. It got worse and now jus last week it started to idle worse when stopping and now when I give it very light throttle like to maintain 60-70mph it will miss and jerk real bad. If I give it 30%-wot it pulls fine. After cold start up it seems to run fine. Problems get a lil worse the more i drive I'm guessing the temp may have an effect. Disty cap looks fine. Wires aren't that old but I cleaned then out with a dremel anyway. Jus changed o2 sensor. Swapped out maf. I'm thinking coolant temp sensor next. Then check fuel pump. Srry so long, jus wanted to be clear on everything thats going on. Thanks and I hope you guys can help.

rsp supra
04-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Wow no one has any input? Well for an update i unplugged the coolant temp sensor and the car seemed to run better. im going yo drive it to work unplugged and see how it runs. if it runs good ill replace the cts an hopefully all will be good.

Yosheeee
05-02-2012, 06:04 PM
i got the same issue. Im guessing its vacuum, i need a vacuum diagram.

jesse_s13
05-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Coolant temp sensor could be it. But should start when the motor is cold, as soon as it warms up it would start blowing black smoke like a diesel and jerk really bad.

I got my money on vacuum or fuel delivery.