PDA

View Full Version : people with HKB hub

G240sx
01-29-2004, 07:17 PM
I got my hkb hub today and I put the steering wheel on. In the box there was a metal ring with 2 bumps sticking out, does anyone know what that does?

adey
01-29-2004, 08:30 PM
IIRC, that goes on the front/face of the hub (surface that steering wheel mounts to) -- the two tabs fit in 2 slots there. I think this was the piece that the horn button pops into and connects to to complete the horn button circuit. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not sure.
also, I believe the tabs (which are offset on the ring) should be closer to the car, away from you. If that made any sense.

G240sx
01-29-2004, 09:11 PM
IIRC, that goes on the front/face of the hub (surface that steering wheel mounts to) -- the two tabs fit in 2 slots there. I think this was the piece that the horn button pops into and connects to to complete the horn button circuit. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not sure.
also, I believe the tabs (which are offset on the ring) should be closer to the car, away from you. If that made any sense.

I think its to connect the horn button circuit too. however my horn button doesn't fit in there So i just rewired the horn contact to a metal piece and just not used the piece. THanks though.

HiPSI
01-30-2004, 09:05 AM
does anyone else have the problem with this hub of it not switching the blinkers off anymore after installation?

CoasTek240
01-31-2004, 12:14 AM
damn..! thats hwy my damn horn isnt working. I'm such a dummy :Bubbs:

derux
01-31-2004, 12:30 AM
doesnt the hub come with two dowels pins. If it did you hammer them into the predrilled holes in the back of the hub.

G240sx
01-31-2004, 04:27 AM
doesnt the hub come with two dowels pins. If it did you hammer them into the predrilled holes in the back of the hub.

oh! so thats what those pins are for. Thanks.