PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET idle and running issues. Help would be greatly appreciated!

jbeck
04-07-2012, 02:09 PM
I just picked up a 93 240sx with a sr20 redtop swap. It's a pretty sweet car but it has a few issues.

As of now, when you crank the car, adjust the FPR almost all the way out and the car idles fine(around 1k), revs up with no issues, but as soon as its warmed up the car will die unless you keep giving it gas(you also have to screw the FPR bolt all the way in or it wont stay on). When you give the car gas after warming up, it hesitates throughout the rpms, and holding the throttle at a certain position won't help, its like it doesn't recognize you are pushing the pedal. You have to keep letting out the throttle and pushing it back in to keep it running. I'm sure one of you guys have ran into this before. If you need anymore detail to further diagnose the issue LMK.

Could this maybe be an ecu issue? Grounding issue?

I'm new to the sr20 world so give me some slack. I'm determined to get this thing on the road. Any suggestions would help. Thanks for looking.

-John

jbeck
04-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Updates on what i've done to the car. I've ripped out the dash and found a nest of wiring. Thankfully the previous owner didn't hack up the harness to bad, so it seems. The only thing he really did was splice in the 6 guages in the dash, turbo timer, and electronic boosty controller.

As of now, i'm jacking up the car to see where some of these wires are going to. Some are a parameter, oil and fuel pressure guage wires.

Anyone know anywhere reliable to find SR20 parts?

allensr20
04-08-2012, 06:23 PM
check the ignetion conneters and there is a srew on the top of the intake if i remember correctly its the ACV mine was doing the samething and i played with those two thing i played with if i knew how to upload pics here it would be easyer to show you

jbeck
04-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Here's what i've found out. The o2 sensor is most likely bad, giving the ecu bad readings. I need to test the TPS before buying a new one but that could be an issue as well. Other than that i think everything is alright. We shall see. Hopefully its not a MAF, because thats expensive :(