PDA

View Full Version : 2 Teens Killed in Local Street Racing Incident

One_love_silvia
04-05-2012, 02:42 PM
2 teens killed, 3 injured in crash on SR 52 - San Diego, California News Station - KFMB Channel 8 - cbs8.com (http://www.cbs8.com/story/17341186/two-teenagers-killed-in-street-racing-crash)

This just happened last night. For those of you who DO street race on here, I thought this might make you change your mind the next time someone revs at you. I know it's not as close to home for you as it is to me, but it's still tragic to see a 16 and 18 year old die (with 3 more in critical condition) because of a stupid street racing incident.

And yes I know, who the hell races a Volkswagen passat and a volvo. But lets try and look past that for today.

ChrisWantsBoost
04-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Life is not the Fast and the Furious.

Not much else to say on the topic.

raz0rbladez909
04-05-2012, 03:47 PM
It's sad, but I can't really say I feel sorry for people who put others lives in danger for cheap thrills. The only part that is really bothersome is that it was the passengers who got the worst of it and not the driver.

fliprayzin240sx
04-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Who the fuck races a Volvo?!?! The sad part is that this will get blamed on street racers. Most street racers will atleast go somewhere secluded where there's almost no traffic.

uraznfriend
04-05-2012, 04:06 PM
did not know people raced on the 52
but really a volvo? especially an s40? it would have been more understandable if was a c30 but still it didnt seem like a real street race just some kids wanted to show off to the girls

w0nderbr3ad
04-05-2012, 05:32 PM
People race on hwys like the 52 and 78 because there's nothing out there late at night. Likely just a bunch of kids horsing around and suffering the consequences. The street racing down here has toned down a lot since street legal and local police street racing busts. But needless to say there will always be kids eager to jump ahead of themselves at a young age without any real guidance. Sucks for these teens, but its a hard lesson to learn.

enkei2k
04-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Who the fuck races a Volvo?!?! The sad part is that this will get blamed on street racers. Most street racers will atleast go somewhere secluded where there's almost no traffic.

but really a volvo? especially an s40? it would have been more understandable if was a c30 but still it didnt seem like a real street race just some kids wanted to show off to the girls

Passat owners are known to race all kinds of cars man.

silverarrow27
04-05-2012, 09:10 PM
LOL, I'm surprised the Lamborghini actually bit and raced the Passat.

TougeSR20Kid
04-05-2012, 10:20 PM

You must not have grown up in that area of SD, but yeah I remember that and sorrento valley road were the places that everyone went to top out their cars. Not so much near convoy, but closer towards La jolla. 52 near convoy is sketchy as fuck with those dips, u use to hear about ppl wrecking their cars their all the time driving normally... Either way this is just a damn shame man, fucking high school kids on the way back from a party prob some spring break function, hope they give this kid some serious time, throw the book at him and all... And to all those who do street race it's just plain retarded to do it with other ppl in the car. Killing urself is one thing, killing ur buddy or ur gf cus you wanna show off is downright retarded. Plus, like I'm sure will be the case with this kid, you will never be able to live with urself again if someone dies as a direct result of ur own stupidity

fliprayzin240sx
04-06-2012, 12:55 AM
I just remember back in days of Kearny Mesa...used to just bounce from around Kearny Villa Rd all night long. I was there the first time SD Drag net was activated. We went off roading to get away.

RiversideS13
04-06-2012, 01:04 AM
both high school kids must thoughts they have turbo and they are the bad ass. at least that is what i saw when i was younger

jamg
04-06-2012, 01:52 AM
natural selection

TougeSR20Kid
04-06-2012, 09:00 AM
I just remember back in days of Kearny Mesa...used to just bounce from around Kearny Villa Rd all night long. I was there the first time SD Drag net was activated. We went off roading to get away.

Haha yeah I still occasionally see people hitting that road there were a couple of times ppl would settle pissing contests there at the tues night bubble tea meets lol so idiotic

OutlawLui
04-06-2012, 09:12 AM
dem accidents

wangan_cruiser
04-06-2012, 11:49 PM
"they were good kids"

lol wut?

One_love_silvia
04-07-2012, 01:27 AM
"they were good kids"

lol wut?

think that was in reference to those who died. both kids who died were passengers. and now the 15 yr old girl from the accident is completely brain dead.

its really such a shame what people do to show off.

if there's one thing ive learned in life, its that showing off never ends well.

T chop
04-07-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm surprised that they don't try and govern cars at say 85MPH, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the highest speed limit in the US 75MPH?

It's sad that kids can be so irresponsible especially with passengers in the car.

redline racer510
04-07-2012, 11:03 AM
How many people dead will it take for people to understand that being ejected from a car can kill you.

Pinggg
04-07-2012, 11:45 AM
How many people dead will it take for people to understand that being ejected from a car can kill you.

They won't ever learn..

Karlitos
04-07-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm surprised that they don't try and govern cars at say 85MPH, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the highest speed limit in the US 75MPH?

It's sad that kids can be so irresponsible especially with passengers in the car.

But its not speed that kills. Look at Germany and other EU countries with higher speed limits, or even none. They have lower accident rates then we do in the US. They also are very strict on safety and arent afraid to pull licenses instead of giving tickets. If people were just smarter on the road, this type of crap wouldn't happen.

I find it odd that in most cases, the driver is usually the one that can walk away. His conscious will bite him hard, and he probably will get tried with some sort of homicide. Hopefully its a lesson to everyone else around SD, since all the meets keep getting popped lately.

240drifter1
04-07-2012, 11:55 AM
But its not speed that kills. Look at Germany and other EU countries with higher speed limits, or even none. They have lower accident rates then we do in the US. They also are very strict on safety and arent afraid to pull licenses instead of giving tickets. If people were just smarter on the road, this type of crap wouldn't happen.

I find it odd that in most cases, the driver is usually the one that can walk away. His conscious will bite him hard, and he probably will get tried with some sort of homicide. Hopefully its a lesson to everyone else around SD, since all the meets keep getting popped lately.

HyperTek
04-08-2012, 11:08 AM
probably more monkey see monkey do out here in the US than Europe. People watch a couple movies than think they know everything about racing.

TougeSR20Kid
04-08-2012, 12:52 PM

While I definitely agree with the bit on stricter regulations and safe driving practices, I would like to add that speed does kill. Accidents do happen, that's why they are accidents even if you are being safe and everyone else is doing the same who's to say something random like trash on the road or a fallen branch wont cause a pile up (just an example). For the record the autobahn has a speed limit now. But back to my original speed does kill statement. Let us look into the physiology of what happens in an automotive accident. When you are traveling at 90mph ALL of u is traveling at that speed, including ur organs. When you hit a wall or another car or whatever all those organs are still in motion and get pushed forward and end up damaged in the process. This is why many cars are designed to slow down impacts these days, but they are only so good in that they will only be successful up to a certain speed. I would assume that this and availability of oil are two of the most important aspect they take into consideration when making the speed limits. So while I understand the reason for ur statement just wanted to clarify that accidents still can happen albeit less if ppl are being safe, and that driving significantly faster than the speed limit is more dangerous than you would think

atom
04-08-2012, 03:14 PM
This is exactly why we need to treat driving as a privilege, not a right.

Enna
04-08-2012, 03:22 PM
For the record the autobahn has a speed limit now.

While this is partly true, that only accounts for a small area of the autobahn that has speed limits. If they want kids to stop doing this kind of shit then they need to either make it a hell of a lot harder to get your license (it's a joke in nevada), or start taking away license's faster.

Rich260z
04-08-2012, 03:23 PM
lol didn't read past the mention of both cars. Just started cracking up

NoPistons!
04-08-2012, 03:43 PM

This.

And remember dumbass eg hatch 2 step boosting on the highway getting rear ended as fuck by an suv?

The message is clear.

Dont be an idiot and you'll live longer.

wangan_cruiser
04-08-2012, 07:43 PM
reminds me of the car crash in sacramento with the subaru sti

TougeSR20Kid
04-08-2012, 08:31 PM
While this is partly true, that only accounts for a small area of the autobahn that has speed limits. If they want kids to stop doing this kind of shit then they need to either make it a hell of a lot harder to get your license (it's a joke in nevada), or start taking away license's faster.

How sure are u bout this just cus I have buddies stationed in Germany and friends that are from there and they said that as of two or three years ago it's all limited, they said that there are spots where the limit is really high but still a limit nonetheless, not trying to argue just trying to clarify

As for the rest I couldn't agree more, whatever happened to the proposition that kids couldn't get their license till they were 18 (in Cali), I remember hearing something like that a few years back. I know they enacted that six month rule, but that is not enough in my opinion should be until their 18. But yes it's stupid easy here to get ur license and most of those 16yo kids should not be driving hell some 18yo shouldn't be driving this incident is a shining example of that.

Enna
04-08-2012, 10:08 PM
It's a voluntary limit, found out personally when I was in germany. There are some places with a mandatory limit, but it is a gentlemans limit of 81mph (130kph). Otherwise as you start to get away from the urban area's, it becomes an open limit if you aren't trying a particular type of vehicle.

Corbic
04-08-2012, 10:29 PM
And yes I know, who the hell races a Volkswagen passat and a volvo. But lets try and look past that for today.

While performance cars get the Media wrap as the villains (just like Pitbulls, Glocks and "AK47s"), most street race incidents are typcially between idiots driving their Moms Camry and Dads Intrepid.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gcA0ZuKGkI8/TTJCzIqsDdI/AAAAAAAAJmw/5lc4nQtYUok/s1600/firearms-identification-guide.jpg

Corbic
04-08-2012, 10:44 PM

Isn't the legal driving age in German 18? Also, you have to look at miles-per death, and cars per person, more Americans drive and they tend to drive more.

Drivers tend to live because they typically will have the best safety equipment.

fliprayzin240sx
04-08-2012, 10:52 PM
It's a voluntary limit, found out personally when I was in germany. There are some places with a mandatory limit, but it is a gentlemans limit of 81mph (130kph). Otherwise as you start to get away from the urban area's, it becomes an open limit if you aren't trying a particular type of vehicle.

Yup, its not enforced. They might enforce them as conditions dictate. Ofcourse you're not gonna blast 240 kph when its wet out or its foggy.

Mr. Camshaft
04-08-2012, 11:59 PM
I got so sick of hearing the rice rockets blast down Mira Mesa Blvd up until the crackdown.

zylvia213
04-09-2012, 02:24 PM
reminds me of the car crash in sacramento with the subaru sti

thats exactly what I was thinking

DJ-of-E
04-09-2012, 03:10 PM
I'm very so freaken glad i had friends who introduced me to track in 2003. After my first session, i dont bother street racing just how unpresictable it can get. Even travk is a lot safer but stilll freaky. A car die in the middle of the track made me realy crap ton of cars pull up in front of you on regular streets.

Flicktitty
04-09-2012, 03:36 PM
It is what it is, Everyone who drives like that knows the consequences, weather they think it can/will happen to them is another thing.

anthonygrud
04-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Charles Darwin.

One_love_silvia
04-12-2012, 10:38 PM
heres a song a friend of the deceased made in honor of them: Pray For Me(Farewell Anthony Foreman) by JourneyJay on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free (http://soundcloud.com/journeyjay/pray-for-me-farewell-anthony)

i get what they're tryin to do...but god its so bad....

the sad thing is, my brother (who kinda knew the 2 kids) thinks its really good.
so other people his age probably think its good.
incoming black guy version of rebecca black (no pun intended).

fliprayzin240sx
04-12-2012, 11:16 PM
^^^Its High School...aint nothing but a popularity contest.

Corbic
04-13-2012, 04:14 AM
^^^Its High School...aint nothing but a popularity contest.

Shit, that never changes.

fliprayzin240sx
04-14-2012, 09:48 AM
While performance cars get the Media wrap as the villains (just like Pitbulls, Glocks and "AK47s"), most street race incidents are typcially between idiots driving their Moms Camry and Dads Intrepid.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gcA0ZuKGkI8/TTJCzIqsDdI/AAAAAAAAJmw/5lc4nQtYUok/s1600/firearms-identification-guide.jpg

Just like this one...
http://pics.livejournal.com/crysania4/pic/000z3brx/s640x480
and I actually have a pit.

TougeSR20Kid
04-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Just like this one...
http://pics.livejournal.com/crysania4/pic/000z3brx/s640x480
and I actually have a pit.

Serious shit, fucking media... I cant tell you how many times ppl play with my dog and love her to death till they find out she's a pit and get scared and run for the hills. like all of a sudden she's no longer the fun loving girl that was just licking ur face and NOT biting it off

mantas
04-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Two idiots at the wheel of the car + speeding = the inevitable.

I was in a terrifying crash myself because an idiot was at the wheel. Luckily he got all the injuries and i saved his life by preventing him from chocking on his own blood. I told the idiot to slow down multiple times but he was just trying to be cool. Either way, thats why i don't let people drive me around if i think they are going to speed, i'd rather run off a cliff myself and die than end up killing someone, or have some other idiot kill me in his car.

I am much more concerned with all the morons talking and texting than 2 teens driving fast. It amazes me how many morons are on their phones these days. I have seen people run red lights, cut people off etc. and they are completely unaware of it. Just last weekend some moron hit my friends semi truck at about 50mph because his phone was stuck up his rear end. Good thing he broke both legs and smashed his face into the wheel, i bet he will be back to texting and driving in no time....