PDA

View Full Version : Ka tranny stuck! Help

RedTopKA-T
04-04-2012, 05:40 PM
What up Zilvia I got a little problem on my hands and I'm hoping someone has experienced the same thing ....I blew my 5 speed tranny recently and picked up a junkyard one, today I attempted to remove the blown tranny from my car and the problems began ...it will slide out about an inch and then it gets stuck. I have every bellhousing bolt removed, the shifter is off,driveshaft is disconnected, and the crossmember is out. I can spin the tranny in a complete circle and wiggle back and forth, up and down but it still will not move more than an inch. Any info is greatly appreciated.

RedTopKA-T
04-05-2012, 05:13 AM
No one has ever encountered this problem??

jr_ss
04-05-2012, 05:25 AM
The bellhousing is hitting the fire wall... Put a jack under the front of the motor and tilt it up so the backside is pointing down or be prepared to pull the engine from it's cradle to remove trans.

RedTopKA-T
04-05-2012, 06:22 AM
It not hitting anything I've triple checked and everything is loose the tranny slides in and out about an inch and that's it. I still got 2" untill I hit the firewall.

rcdad123
04-05-2012, 10:24 AM
use 2 long prybars and be prepared to buy another clutch disc.

RedTopKA-T
04-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Aww fuck man I just had this clutch installed 2 weeks ago and its a stage 3 act I hope I don't have to replace!! That would suck balls! I might just bolt this shit back up and take it somewhere..

viksz33
04-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Aww fuck man I just had this clutch installed 2 weeks ago and its a stage 3 act I hope I don't have to replace!! That would suck balls! I might just bolt this shit back up and take it somewhere..

There going to pry on it as well and charge you for it.

RedTopKA-T
04-05-2012, 05:17 PM
I finally got it! I had to take a ratchet strap and crank it from the rear while my buddy was prying at the other end. This was the hardest tranny I've pulled yet. But I have one more question I looked where the shaft goes into the motor and there's a round peice of metal loose in there ,I'm thinking its the pilot bearing? Can I pop it back in without taking the clutch off? will it go back into place when I slide the new tranny on? Its located behind the clutch disk

RedTopKA-T
04-08-2012, 03:19 PM
So I got this all figured out and it turns out that this motor was an automatic before I got it and whoever did the swap tried to use the automatic pilot bearing instead of a manual one. the auto one was huge and. Sits on the outer lip of the crank while the manual one is supposed to slide inside the end of the crank ..the auto pilot bearing some how got stuck in there and was holding the input shaft making it super difficult to come out. So I went to Napa ordered a manual pilot bearing put it all back together and the car runs perfect with Nice smooth shifts . Thanx for the info guys