PDA

View Full Version : Need help asap!!!In the verge of losing garage

nyc240sx
04-04-2012, 03:19 AM
Ok heres the thing ive been renting this garage for almost 2 1/2 years since then this woman that lives around the corner constantly harrasses us saying we do commercial work there and that the 240sx in the driveway dont have plates the car is on private property. I fix my own cars is it still considered commercial?
So recently she called up the buildings department the owner of the house got a letter stating that they want to come and see the garage inside. My other s14 is inside that i am putting together i have the dash out of it and the rear subframe and fuel tank in the process of putting the rear back in but not the dash i want to leave it out until the motor goes back in so i can run all the lines into the car without a problem. Any help will be appreciated very much!! I am also looking into getting a lawyer.

EDT007
04-04-2012, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't really worry. Unless they can prove that you are getting paid to work on other people's cars then they don't have much of a case. If they come asking questions show them the paperwork of the cars showing you are the valid/current owner. Case closed. Goodluck..

tricky_ab
04-04-2012, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't really worry. Unless they can prove that you are getting paid to work on other people's cars then they don't have much of a case. If they come asking questions show them the paperwork of the cars showing you are the valid/current owner. Case closed. Goodluck..

Well that was quick...This is great advice. Follow it, and the situation will be sorted.

STL240SXDRIFT
04-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Plant crops in the woman's yard, water, and call the cops. Done and Done...

Edwin562
04-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Just tell woman to mind her business and stop being so nosey.

word sux
04-04-2012, 12:02 PM
you own it

its in a garage

they have nothing on you

S-Nation S13
04-04-2012, 12:03 PM
HOA done got your ass...lol at my place opening up your hood is reasonable doubt that you are working or performing vehicular maintenance. stupid ass rules !!!! the fuck they think were stupid enough to hurt ourselves..but then again i know most of you guys have probably once worked under your car without a jack stand ..

YOU OWN THE DAMN GARAGE

rcdad123
04-04-2012, 12:06 PM
if it makes you feel safer, stash your parts at a buddy`s house till the inspection is over.

enkei2k
04-04-2012, 12:22 PM
damn NY people...got nothing better to do than to bitch and moan.

Ok heres the thing ive been renting this garage for almost 2 1/2 years.

pretty sure he's just renting the garage, he doesn't own it.

nyc240sx
04-05-2012, 01:49 AM
yea renting from owner for the past 3-4 yrs..thanks for everyone helping out

DallasTXjdm
04-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Nah do it the easy way! Pay Tony Two-Toes and Little Mike a visit and explain the situation. Should be rectified this weekend!

http://www.deviantart.com/download/165184214/Cement_Shoes_by_ShocKollar.jpg

nyc240sx
04-05-2012, 11:02 PM
I like that idea

EsChassisLove
04-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Are you serious? People piss me off. They are so disappointed that they cannot control a dm thing in their own life so they try to control/fuck others.

HOA is the biggest joke this housing economy has ever seen.

They can't touch you. Period.

Enna
04-06-2012, 01:25 AM
Where did all this talk of HOA come from? I thought this was about his neighbor calling the city to complain about him running a business out of an illegitimate location and without a license?

FRpilot
04-06-2012, 09:37 PM
HOA could be an issue if the garage the OP is renting is in the middle of one. HOA's vary but most of them are strict enough that you will get a citation for changing oil in your own garage because it makes the neighborhood look bad.

Others are right. If you have the title and work in your garage you can just show them you own the cars and aren't doing side jobs. If garage is in a home with an HOA, then you might want to read up on the rules.

nyc240sx
04-11-2012, 08:52 PM
theres no HOA its a regular quiet neighborhood with one rag bitch harrassing everyone