PDA

View Full Version : Horrible chirping from front right wheel area? PLEASE HALP (Video)

Ewing
03-31-2012, 03:08 PM
Any idea what this could be? I notice it is usually quiet at first then gradually get worse until it get like it is in the video. Any advice would be appreciated. I am about to go mad :bash:

S13 front end chirping - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgDLSgtE6I8)

kandyflip445
03-31-2012, 09:25 PM
Mine has that too. Along with rattles and a whole lot of other noises. Sounds like metal so look for loose/missing connectors. Screws, clips, etc. Could also be metal interior clips rubbing the chassis. The a pillar has some if you don't know what they look like.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Ewing
03-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Mine has that too. Along with rattles and a whole lot of other noises. Sounds like metal so look for loose/missing connectors. Screws, clips, etc. Could also be metal interior clips rubbing the chassis. The a pillar has some if you don't know what they look like.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I'll take a look at the metal on metal contacts tomorrow. Thanks

TougeSR20Kid
04-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Yeah man I had this all the time on my gutted s13... They're old cars man, they make noises. Like the other guy said its prob a clip or a connector that's loose, as long as it sounds like its coming from inside the car it's not that big of a deal. Just make sure it's coming from inside the cabin and not from the engine bay / wheel well / under carriage, just have a buddy roll by you slowly and listen to see if you hear it as loud standing outside the car, then you can try and pin point it from there

Ewing
04-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah man I had this all the time on my gutted s13... They're old cars man, they make noises. Like the other guy said its prob a clip or a connector that's loose, as long as it sounds like its coming from inside the car it's not that big of a deal. Just make sure it's coming from inside the cabin and not from the engine bay / wheel well / under carriage, just have a buddy roll by you slowly and listen to see if you hear it as loud standing outside the car, then you can try and pin point it from there

I think I've located it to the cabin right behind the ECU. I don't think it's from the outside of the car, it's hard to tell.

Nicelyphe
04-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Mine does it, my conclusions have been, possible fender rattling, front bumper rattle, front. Go out there and shake your front end a bit with your hands, you'll find the noise.

VinceDude
04-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Dashes that haven't been securely fastened will often create strange little sounds while driving.

Edwin562
04-02-2012, 12:42 AM
I had same issue, ended up being my passenger fender that wasnt tighten down enough.

Ewing
04-02-2012, 08:45 AM
I had same issue, ended up being my passenger fender that wasnt tighten down enough.

I believe this was the cause. My right fender is held on by one bolt and three zip ties that snapped when I pulled out of my driveway and now it has a lot of play.

Thanks for the help everyone :bowdown: