PDA

View Full Version : Front end pulsing vibration every 5 seconds?

Ewing
03-30-2012, 09:13 PM
I have noticed at speeds over 65 my front end starts shaking every 4 or 5 seconds and it lasts for maybe a second or two and continues until I slow back down. Any ideas what could cause this?

KiLLeR2001
03-31-2012, 01:38 AM
Try balancing your wheels and tires.

TougeSR20Kid
04-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Try balancing your wheels and tires.

This, and an alignment couldn't hurt. I believe that incorrect castor can cause the wheels to vibrate like this

Nicelyphe
04-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Mine does this as-well, was told it was my blown tension rod bushings =\

Ewing
04-01-2012, 10:24 AM
This, and an alignment couldn't hurt. I believe that incorrect castor can cause the wheels to vibrate like this

I just had a full alignment. I'll get the tires balanced and see if that is what's causing it.

Mine does this as-well, was told it was my blown tension rod bushings =\

Thanks I'll give that a look.

VinceDude
04-02-2012, 12:43 AM
Sounds like a balance issue to me! Alignments like toe, camber, and caster would only effect tire wear and handling such as causing the car to pull or wander down the road. If you're experiencing vibrations it means your tires may need wheel weights.

Ewing
04-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Sounds like a balance issue to me! Alignments like toe, camber, and caster would only effect tire wear and handling such as causing the car to pull or wander down the road. If you're experiencing vibrations it means your tires may need wheel weights.

Balance is next on the list, thanks