PDA

View Full Version : Suspension arms Fortune Auto vs SPL

DJ-of-E
03-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Hello,

I just need some enlightenment for my track 240.

I've known SPL for a very long time as being very reputable. However, I always like to tray alternatives. How well are the Fortune Auto arms designed and welded. There's not a lot of them in my area to see in person and the only ones I found on the search are advertisement pictures and 1 other thread that could be fixed with a spacer.

DJ-of-E
03-30-2012, 01:46 PM
So 76 views and no replies. This is how Fortune Auto is not getting many customers for these parts =/

tacotacotaco
03-30-2012, 02:03 PM
I would stick with spl. Great product, great service, always improving on their design.

tacotacotaco
03-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Ok i just looked at the fortune auto arms. Might want to dig a little more into what heim joints each company uses. Also spl has locking collars. The fortune RUCA looks like a joke i guess the arm being a flat plate seems like a bad idea and maybe reflects a shortcut instead of a better structural arm design like a tube.

dtfdanyo
03-30-2012, 02:18 PM
I hate to say this, but Fortune Auto suspension arms are ugly.

Have you looked into Battle Version? I have all the arms available on my S14 and I love them. Cool red color too ;)

future
03-30-2012, 03:00 PM
I hate to say this. Not many people know

But the godspeed V2 arms are PBM arms from what my sorces tell me. I guess godspeed found pbms manufacture and yeah. I held them both back to back. They are the same shit

And i dont buy cheap pos parts. I hate godspeed. But when i got them back to back. Id rather pay $450 for the same shit the. $1200. Somebody correct me if im wrong but ive heard it from many repitable places/people

FaLKoN240
03-31-2012, 12:37 AM
I hate to say this. Not many people know

But the godspeed V2 arms are PBM arms from what my sorces tell me. I guess godspeed found pbms manufacture and yeah. I held them both back to back. They are the same shit

And i dont buy cheap pos parts. I hate godspeed. But when i got them back to back. Id rather pay $450 for the same shit the. $1200. Somebody correct me if im wrong but ive heard it from many repitable places/people

There are so many typos and misspelled things it's hard to take you seriously. :picardfp:

godrifttoday
03-31-2012, 12:39 AM
Lmao...........

Om1kron
03-31-2012, 12:46 AM
This is a stupid ass question to be honest with you. If you just want to come out and blatantly ask hey are the cheaper arms better than the more expensive ones then you can answer your own question. If you're going to seriously track your car then majority rules, the only person running fortune auto and VERY OBVIOUSLY if you've been a member of this forum for long would be Knoop.

He'll tell you that fortune auto is great, but I believe he's also sponsored by them so not sure what to tell you there.

I like PBM I think that they're great guys but they're always short in stock of all these great innovative products that they offer and SPL always has their stuff ready to go, great customer service and it's the high quality components that will always net them repeat business, word of mouth referrals, etc.

At the end of the day SPL doesn't have to come to the forum, knock on any other vendors for knocking their shit off, and the products sell themselves.

But Zilvia doesn't have any control over how YOU decide to spend your money.

godrifttoday
04-03-2012, 01:33 AM
But it seems to me that some members do want advice on how to manage their money

jr_ss
04-03-2012, 05:47 AM
If you can't buy quality parts, save your money until you can. I'll never understand why people buy cheap ass components for suspension pieces that could literally destroy their car just to save a buck. It's sad to see companies that are innovative in the field come out with great products only to get them knocked off by Tiawanese/Korean/Chinese hacks.

SPL is the only quality suspension piece besides a select few others I'd rock on my car. Not to mention the product is made in America...